[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am about to finish getting my associates degree and I was planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

I am about to finish getting my associates degree and I was planning to transfer. I honestly had not looked much into this as I didn't want to overwhelm myself. Well, I just took a glance at the costs and the units needed to get my BS, and I am so discouraged and I don't know what to do.

Here are some of my issues:
>my family cannot help me financially at all, this is not because they necessarily can't, but they simply don't believe women should go to school (i am grill)
>live with my dad, and he keeps pushing me, but also refuses to help financially (reasons unknown, but he's not rich either, earns about 75k per year)
>When I was 18, my first semester at a community college, my mom stole all my grant money, then I got kicked out of her house, missed a bunch of classes, now I owe that money and I haven't received financial aid in years.
>i work part time, go to school part time, other than the BOGW waiver, I pay everything out of pocket. Including my bills and car. I am financially in shambles just from community college, because I have no money left over from doing this, I can't even repay the grant money (no my mom won't give it back. she seems to have "forgotten" she took this money from me)

Basically, it's taken me 6 years just to get my associates as a straggle along working/going to school part time. I don't have the money to take work off, and I won't have the money to pay back my grant , and I definitely won't have the money to go to a uni.

Anyone with struggles like this, how did you succeed? I am so afraid of loans. My boss and I were talking about it, and she gets almost half her check taken from her by her student loans.

80% of me is telling me to just take the AS and run to the mediocre 35k career I can land with it (at least over time, I could likely move up and get paid more). And maybe go back to school when I have money saved?

I am just so lost. Help me weigh these options
>>
>>18527412
To make this clear, my mom's side of the family refuses to have me in college. And they are ridiculously wealthy. However, they do not want me to go to college, but they also refuse to support me financially in any way. They just want me to work.

My dad wants me to go to college.

To add, my dad also wants me to be on my own. And the time limit to living with him (and paying part of the rent) is dwindling.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.