[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex left me for another guy. How do I accept that it's over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1475256891298.jpg (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475256891298.jpg
98KB, 500x500px
Hey /adv/,
So about two months ago, my ex and I got into a fight that resulted in us breaking up (her call). After a month of separation, she came back and said she still wanted to try with me, then a week after that, we broke up again and surely enough, since we kept contact I found out she was with another dude. A few days after finding that out, I decide to go no contact with her.

My problem is that I still entertain the hope that she'll come back and tell me that this was all some sort of misunderstanding and that everything will be alright. Now I know that this is unhealthy, hence why I'm coming here asking you folks what to do in order to accept that it's over.

Bonus round: I blocked her on every piece of social media to avoid seeing pictures of her with her new guy. I did well because my best friend accidentally spilled the beans about her having uploaded pictures of them together on FB. He then suggested that showing me said pictures could help me get over her for some reason. Is he fucked up or does he actually have a point?

Thanks in advance for reading and trying to help.
>>
>>18527052
She's not coming back, look at the pictures if you need to see them to accept that. If you don't need them to do that, don't look at 'em. You'll find someone new.
>>
>>18527052

A typical solution to your problem would be to do new things and meet new people. This would create new bonds and passions.

Alternatively, perhaps examine the relationship and understand why it ended and that if it ended on such terms it was not without good reason.

Perspective is important during these times as focusing on the past creates a narrow, self-centered and nostalgic view rather than a positive and progressive one.
>>
>>18527083
Thanks. I'm pretty sure all I need is some time to get my feelings back in order and I think that looking at the pictures would just set me back more than anything.

>>18527097
Right now I'm visiting family abroad for two more weeks so I can't really go out and meet new people, maybe when I come back? Also I am pretty well aware of why our relationship ended (she was pretty abusive and I dealt with her outbreaks pretty poorly at times. also monkey-branching)

Thanks for the advice you two.
>>
Why are guys on here so pathetic?
>>
>>18527135
>on 4chan
>asking why people here are so pathetic
Take a wild guess buddy.
>>
>>18527052
Fuck her sister.
>>
Also, at random moments during the day, I actually feel like my old self for a few minutes, as if the breakup doesn't affect me anymore. Is this normal?
>>
>>18527206
yes
as time passes you'll have more of that and less of the heartbreak
also, don't look at the pictures
>>
>>18527205
She has 3. The oldest one already has a boyfriend and things are pretty damn serious between them (they just bought a house). The middle one is around her age (slightly older) but not really my type, and the youngest one would lend me in jail if I fucked her.
>>
Reconcile that you never had what you thought you had.
>>
>>18527400
Which means?
>>
Bump because why not
>>
>>18527052
I've heard that people get over a serious break up best after they've been with two other people.

I can't say for sure myself, I haven't had sex in over a year.
>>
>>18527214
Do it anyway.
>>
File: 1469493021375.jpg (8KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
1469493021375.jpg
8KB, 220x176px
>>18527962
I'm fucked if that's the case. I'm almost 21 and she was my first
>>
>>18527971
With which one?
>>
Do what i did, cut off all contact with her, including social media and completely forget about women. Start something you always wanted to do. Learn an instrument work out anything. Just pick something you don't already do and stick to it.

It's the only solution. If you sit around moping nobody will want to be around you and if you go out desperately to find someone else people will sense it and still won't want to be around you. Just forget she ever existed and focus on improving yourself. The point is when you see her again after some time you should be a man she wants to be with, but she can't because you don't want to anymore.

Just completely forget about dating and women in general. That's the most important part, the only way to attract women is if you are an interesting person and you have to do more stuff in your life to be that. Don't compare yourself to her new boyfriend, it's easy to fall into that trap and if you it will work against you.
>>
>>18527979
All of them. Rip her family apart. Destroy the other relationship and taint the underage child
>>
>>18528023
>Don't compare yourself to her new boyfriend, it's easy to fall into that trap and if you it will work against you.
Damn. Despite knowing jack shit about the guy, that's exactly what kills me the most right now. I keep telling myself that he's probably better looking than me, more caring, better in bed, etc. How do I avoid falling into that trap? Also when I get back from my vacation I'm going to hit the gym and keep studying. That a good plan?
>>18528037
Do I go for the mom too even though she's obese?
>>
>>18528071
Especialy the mom senpai
>>
>>18528071
It's even worse if the guy is worse than you. You feel like your hard work didn't matter for shit.

So just don't do it. This morning i was crying for a girl that had sex with me but didn't want to be in a relationship with me.The most perfect girl i ever met.

I am a ok now. I deleted her from everything and i forgot she even existed. Now she doesn't have a name, she is an idea. The idea of the perfect girl that will come to me if i keep improving myself. That's how you should think. Start working out and pick up kickboxing or boxing. Cut down your bodyfat. Reduce sugars. Don't drink too much. If you smoke weed stop it.

Maybe you will be dissapointed because even after you do all that you will still be alone. Doesn't matter. In your mind there is no women, it's just you and how much stuff you can learn to do.
>>
>>18528154
Aight. Some THICCness will not hurt I guess
>>18528178
Alright, thanks for the solid advice mate. I'm going to do just that and see how it goes. The pain is manageable right now so hopefully she'll just be an idea as you say in a matter of weeks.
>>
>>18528237
Just know you WILL relapse at some point. You will be in pain again. What you need to do , at least what i do, is do WEIGHTS. I mostly do cardio but today i did weights due to the crying like a little bitch i mentioned earlier. Before every set i would want to start crying again, but then i looked in the mirror and started getting pissed. Imagined her fucking someone else and got angry. Then i took that anger out with heavy squats and bench. I was in the weightroom for 2.30 hours and now i'm too exhausted and endorphine rushed to care anymore. That's the trick, you need to turn the pain into anger. People are afraid of getting angry these days but anger is the purest feeling. Just like the caveman felt pain when some faggot animal beat him, he turned the pain into anger and bashed it's skull in.

Get angry.
>>
>>18527972

Don't worry about it dude. Me and my gf of 5 years just broke up a couple months ago, and I literally just turned 21.

Do what the other anon said and try to completely forget about her, concentrate on yourself and what you want to do. One thing I found that helps is making a list somewhere or everything you didn't like about her and why it didn't work out. Read it whenever you're sad or upset and it'll help you realize that it really wasn't perfect - if it was you never would have broken up. Mine was borderline and abusive, and I ended up with a list three pages long. It still hurts, but I try not to think about what she's doing. At this point, she's someone else's problem

Godspeed OP
>>
File: ChillaxBroseph.jpg (3MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
ChillaxBroseph.jpg
3MB, 4272x2848px
>>18527052
Hey there guy, The fact that you already took preventive steps to seeing her and her new squeeze means you are accepting that it's over. Now the getting over part

Start dating! Forget this mopey "Oh woe is me" bullshit, you are wasting time.. Time that you will never get back. You can see she ain't wasting any time, why should you?

Lets start with something simple, TINDER!!! also Tagged/Hi5... Start hooking up with strangers or actually put a little time getting to know other women. Either way, That's exactly what she did. Women don't just see one guy and go "He's the one".. She saw you as a stepping stone to the next guy she wants to fuck for awhile

Take my advice, start getting laid asap.. after one or two lays, she will be long gone history. Hell you might make a good friend out of this.. or even a romantic partner. The sky is the limit buddy, literally women make up half of earth's population.

Two months man.. you could of had a new gf right now, She's got a new bf.. she's already beating you at the game. Do the same, play the game, Take lots of pics and post them on your fb. Get all your mutual buddies to like your new gf more than your ex.. and you'll be winning at life my man. IT'S ALL GOOD BRO!
>>
>>18528256
Yeah I heard about the relapsing part. Any idea when to expect it or does it just come at random?
>>18528290
A list actually sounds like a good idea. Thanks anon
>>18528305
We didn't really have mutual buddies but thanks for the advice. I heard that rebound sex is a pretty hit-and-miss method of getting over a broken heart. Are you that sure it could work for me?
>>
>>18528353
Rebound sex, Absolutely! No overthink or complicate anything. don't over analyze shit, don't question it.. just go for it. Only move forward. and like I said earlier, You can make a friend or romantic partner out of this. It ain't the end of world, people get their hang ups, feelings are hurt but it's just a sting.. like when you fall off your bike. Everyone goes thru it, just dust if off and get back on the wheel.
>>
>>18528366
Will consider it if the opportunity presents itself then. Thanks mate.
>>
>>18528388
Opportunity doesn't just present itself. Put a little effort into it. Download the Tinder and Tagged app. Women don't like lazy insecure people, they want to fuck outgoing guys who take initiative. Why you think Firefighters get so much tang? Go out and be somebody today! You want out of this mess, you gotta get yourself out. Shit doesn't clean itself. Seriously, go look at yourself in the mirror, place one hand on your chest and pledge yourself to manhood. Beat on your chest with pride and smile at yourself. Today is the day that you will change everything. You won't be a mopey whiny sad sack of shit. You won't be a base dwelling faggot with blue balls. YOU ARE A MAN, AND WILL YOU FIGHT, FUCK AND PROSPER LIKE ONE!
>>
>>18528410
Amen to that
>>
>>18528410
Will do. Worded my post poorly. I meant to say that if a girl reciprocates, I won't think twice because sticking myself in her.
>>
Final bump of the day
>>
>>18527052
kill her and fuck her corpse
>>
File: 1499652295965.png (401KB, 804x670px) Image search: [Google]
1499652295965.png
401KB, 804x670px
he is putting you down dude .
no contact with him or your ex not even with a 10 foot bar. that might land you in jail.
>>
>>18527052
Your name is Aldo?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.