[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, I'm dating a great woman, and I love her, but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: b1Gi17g.jpg (176KB, 960x674px) Image search: [Google]
b1Gi17g.jpg
176KB, 960x674px
/adv/, I'm dating a great woman, and I love her, but I've got this feeling that deep down we're just not meant for each other for some reason. She's got different sets of interests, different tastes in everything, and a temperament that feels like it clashes with my easygoing outlook on life. My head's always been in the clouds and I feel like I almost don't want to be pulled back down anymore; she's been gone a few days and I'm realizing I want these days back to myself to lose myself.

What do? I can't tell if I'm being childish in wanting not to be pulled into adult life, if I'm not ready for it, or what's going on. I think I'm just fantasizing about bachelor life but this comes up somewhat frequently. It makes me wonder whether I should have a girlfriend at all.

I enjoy her company and she'd be a wonderful life partner, but... I'm just so tired out sometimes by life with her. Like I'm not ready for this.
>>
Talk with her and try and arrange when and how often to see each other so you can stay happy.
Hopefully she will be cool with it but if she wants more attention you might both have to move on.
>>
>>18526734

This is an interesting question, OP.

All I can say is that relationships are a very difficult enterprise. You invest your time, your mental space, and your material resources and it can be draining at times when things are not travelling as smoothly as planned or desired. Your partner will feel the same way.

Many partners sit down and discuss with their inner circle that they do not 'need' their partner, or life would be 'smoother' without these emotional and material commitments. However, they feel like they are not 'right in the world' without that person. This is attachment, and it also coincide with a sense of romantic companionship that allows each to evolve in their goals for it to work.

This could all be a matter of 'the cat is away, and the mice will play'; but it is all your call. You need to make that judgement and wear the consequences. Do not hastily make a decision and there is no need to moralise and say you are a 'bad boyfriend' because you have these thoughts.
>>
having differences are the best once you grow up, you can find new things through your partner instead of getting bored of eachother after 5 years

you can have your own space and time even in a marriage, its an entirely different thing if you are annoyed by her though
>>
>>18526740
It's moving away from that as we start thinking about moving in together. She's aware I need a lot of alone time, but I think it makes her unhappy or uncomfortable.

>>18526750
I know, I just feel so weird about this sometimes. We love each other but I just don't want to lead her along if I have these sorts of thoughts and it doesn't work out. She deserves better. But thank you.

>>18526754
It's a very mixed bag... I'm really happy that we introduce each other to things, but I also find myself disappointed when we don't both find something aesthetically pleasing. It's disappointing and it makes me feel, I dunno... I guess lonely? Like the person I'm so open to just doesn't get me or something.

I do admit sometimes I'm annoyed by her at my most unenergetic. Being an introvert really sucks sometimes. But that's only when I'm feeling absolutely drained.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.