[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've literally never posted on /adv/ before, so forgive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

I've literally never posted on /adv/ before, so forgive me if this is off topic. Not so much looking advice, just for opinions...

Im 30 and I am from Ireland, I moved home nearly two years ago after living in the multi cultural melting pot that is London. Had a great time there and was friends with every race, colour and creed - muslims, sikhs, hindus, jews; you can see where I am coming from. So I move back home to Ireland (the north of Ireland to be precise) which is as backwards as you can get - Catholics fighting Protestants blah blah blah, lets not have a history lesson. I became involved with and ultimately ended up in a relationship with (what I thought) was a lovely girl the same age as myself. She seemingly had her shit together, like me, decent job, car, career, no kids and it really did seem like we clicked. Now initially I thought she was protestant, which is fine and she did lead me to believe this for the first couple of months. It was only after a few months she told me she converted to a "born again christian" and went to an "elim" church. Now if it wasnt already clear, I dont give a fuck about religion, I think it causes more problems than it solves. I myself was raised Catholic but I am in no way practising - Christmas, Easter, Weddings and funerals is about it for me.

Problems set in and I broke up with her about a month ago due to constant fighting and arguments, which I dont know was down to her personality or her religion? Now I think the USA is well versed with born agains so I am just asking here....
(cont)
>>
>>18526697
She was very arrogant? Hypocritical? Looked down on others from her proverbial high horse.. Tried to get me tomce a few times but I wasnt having it. Her church said she couldn't drink or have sex, but she did both (in very small quantities mind you!) and of course was against gays and that and obviously adultery yet her two best friends, one was gay the other was cheating on her boyfriend. She met my family several times throughout the 9 months, I didn't meet her family once? I have no problem apologising when I have done wrong, yet she refused to apologise or acknowledge that she had done wrong? And the kicker came when I found out she had lied to me a few times.... Now it was nothing extreme or bad, but she had me believe that she DID NOT under any circumstance lie, and would eviscerate me if I told even a white lie - about what time I came home at for example.

We were even chatting about kids one night after a few drinks and when she said "no kid of mine will be raised by catholics, full of paedophiles" which I took no offence too, its about as original and ignorant as calling muslims terrorists - but it did make me think "well no kid of mine will be brainwashed like you are" (internally)

So very long story short I ended things. Was I right to do this? Do you think it was down to her religion or was it merely a personality clash? Any thoughts or advice at all, im just a little baffled by it all after coming from London where, for the most part, everyone got along.

thanks
>>
>>18526699
It was a personality issue. Yes you did do the right thing.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.