[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'sup /adv/ I'm currently 25, Australian, and still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: boners never die.jpg (532KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
boners never die.jpg
532KB, 1280x1920px
'sup /adv/

I'm currently 25, Australian, and still in the uni trap. Autism and a learning disorder means that I'm a fucking moron and had to work my way up the chain before I got to the institution I wanted. I consider myself above-average when it comes to information retention, but other smart people still run circles around me.

However, I've been fucking tanking my units since I got there. My GPA is going to fucking suck by the time I leave - consistent failing two units a semester, three with the most recent results. My relevant work experience is too old to put references on my resume for which basically nullifies their existence. I don't want to be studying past 30, but I feel like I'm wasting my time.

What do? Should I cut my losses and just rejoin the daily grind? Or should I persevere with help from the uni, and finish the course in about 2-3 years?
>>
Talk to your advisor about it t.bh
>>
Depending on the degree.... Just cheat desu.

If you're not there for science law math and are instead there for something like business then honesty just pay someone to do your assignments.
>>
Don't waste your effort. Finish the course and get a job in your field.
Even if it's just to hang the certificate on your wall....
Stay strong.
I'm studying my bachelor of audio. And I have Asperger's and it's hard to focus and listen and organise my life.
>>
>>18527171

My major's in History, but I'm not in it for the job prospects. It's a degree with wide-ranging skill sets required that I can apply them to pretty much anything behind a desk.

I'd much rather avoid cheating the system.

>>18526365

That's the plan. I have awful self-control and discipline, so that's gonna be the first thing I'll look into: getting more deadlines with people who aren't going to cut me slack.
>>
>>18526350
Instead of criticizing yourself, give yourself credit for getting so far despite your handicaps. And wouldn't it be a shame if, having accomplished so much, you then just gave up?

Keep going. Get some counsel about course selection and course loads (If you suspect you'd fail 2 out of 5, take only 4, giving you more time for each) Investigate what support systems are in place at the uni (In the USA, dyslexics can get extra time on exams).

Don't worry about your age - if it takes you an extra year or two, that's no big deal.

(And you're right about a History degree giving you skills you can use in a business setting)
>>
>>18526350
dont go towards the white light, its a trap
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.