[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/, I want help, but I'm not exactly sure where to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1498448865190.jpg (426KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1498448865190.jpg
426KB, 700x1050px
/adv/, I want help, but I'm not exactly sure where to start or how to explain it. Please bear with me.

Info:

> M, 27, deist, realist, American.

/adv/, I think I am slowly going insane. I've always prided myself on being adaptable, flexible, especially mentally. I'm not going to bore you with a sob story, but I've lived a hard life. I don't consider it a bad one, and I don't regret it. It's simply the way my life has been. I've only gotten through it because of my ability to cope well.

However of late, rather than feeling my mind bend with life, it feels like it is beginning to break. I'm dissociating randomly, things feeling distant and out of context. I break into tears for seemingly no reason at times. I can't relax, sleep only 4-6 hours at a time, and don't feel rested from it. I'm beginning to have what seem to be panic attacks.

I'm at a stage in my life where things are changing for me. Things are becoming different. These changes and transitions are normal and happen frequently for everyone, but I assume I am feeling it more due to my age and self awareness compared to my teens and adolescence.

Existential dreads are seeping into my thoughts, feelings, and life as well. My mortality, and the mortality of those I care for and depend on, are becoming increasingly prominent realizations. Things are beginning to feel absurd and without context.

I feel as though my awareness of these thoughts and feelings are a good sign. However I still feel like I am unraveling, crumbling.

For once in my life I am afraid, and I can't understand why.

I know mental health questions on 4chan are a bad idea, but I can't afford actual medical help. I need someone to bounce thoughts off of and hear opinions from. Please help.
>>
>>18526278
General Anxiety Disorder. Best solution is a prescription combined with therapy.

Pills can be perscribed by a general practitioner. Therapy can be obtained for free by volunteering to be a therapy patient at any university that offers the degree. It will be senior students on their own. They will tape the sessions, which will be watched by their professor and then destroyed.

There. 60 bucks for a doctors visit, and 300 dollar therapy sessions for free.
>>
Oh dear.
These existential dreads can get worse when you see lives coming to end and the absurd normality of it. Things change and life goes on with no memory of what's been. Don't try to figure it out for now just numb it down.
Or be like me and get random flashbacks of things that were once here and feel so close and real to you but there is nothing around you to assure you they've existed.
>>
>>18526278
Do you by any chance party every weekend and do fucktons of drugs? If so, you should stop asap. I used to party a lot and had to watch friends slowly go into full blown psychosis. They used to complain about the same exact things like imsomnia, feelingsl ike reality was altered, panic attacks etc. but still didn't stop partying until they couldn't sleep without antipsychotics (Seroquel or something in America).

I'm just guessing, but usually hard life also means drugs and alcohol, lots of it.

Is your life fucked at the moment?
>>
>>18527000
>Is your life fucked at the moment?

My life is always fucked, it's a state of being.

I hold jobs down and pay my bills/ect but there is always something fucking things up.

As for drugs, I have done them, yes, but not severely. I'm not an addict and don't live a party lifestyle. ( never have either. )

Anymore I will buy a little bit of weed once in a while. A bowl after work can be nice, but it isn't regular. I've never had the money for it to be regular.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.