[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you write jokes? what's the structure, what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5301.jpg (71KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5301.jpg
71KB, 408x439px
How do you write jokes? what's the structure, what's your writing technique?

I signed up for an open mic because if I don't supplement my shitty life as an attorney with something I actually enjoy, I'll kill myself.

Any tips are appreciated.
>>
>>18525486
follow the basic rule of 3s
talk about things you actually have experience with
practice in front of a mirror and make sure you have at least 5 mins of jokes
>>
>tell story
>set up for joke
>punchline
>listen to laughter

It's not that hard
>>
>>18525486

Short, safety, Sudden.

Short:
>The longer a joke is, the less funny the punchline will be because they're more invested as a fucking story, rather than a joke.

Safety;
>A jokes not funny if they think you might actually have a five year old girl in the back of your van tied up. People do not find legitimate dangerous situations funny. They need to feel safe around you, you need to know what your audience likes and does not like.

Sudden;
>The key to every good joke (and horror story, same structure really...) is the punchline.
It's designed to turn this short story on it's ass and blindside the audience for the desired effect.

I remember reading some psych stuff on this. The theory about why we laugh was to signal safety.
When monkeys heard rustling in bushes, they'd get scared. It might be a predator. One would check it out. When it turns out they were scared of the wind, they'd laugh.

The "oh shit, it's a predator, fuck" was the first joke, the punchline was "Ha, pussy, it was just the wind". One they knew they were safe, they laughed.

The flip side, horror, is when they heard it, one got to close, and saw eyes peeking through the bushes.
That gave the "When you see it" effect good horror stories give. Not jump-scares, even better, the chill down your spine that temporarily freezes you in place, because if you move to suddenly, the predator knows you are aware, and is forced to chase you.
>>
>>18525486
>have a vagina
>talk about your vagina
>talk about the things you stick in your vagina
>talk about the smells that come out of your vagina
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.