[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maximum amount of hours to play videogames per day, /adv/? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 111222233399.png (843KB, 931x761px) Image search: [Google]
111222233399.png
843KB, 931x761px
Maximum amount of hours to play videogames per day, /adv/?

I get easily carried away when it comes to this, so might as well set a limit. Any advice regarding gaming addiction prevention is appreciated.
>>
First of all, what is your max free time you have on average per week.
I would hope you are in school or have a job, and if not go get one.
>>
>>18524797
>does it cut into your life and things youre supposed to be doing in a way that ultimately lowers your overall quality of life.

Its too many video games. Cut back. Prioritize.

>Is your life otherwise fine and youre up to speed on both things you have to do and things you care to do?

It is not too many video games. Your life. Do whatever you want.
>>
>>18524797

I would recommend that you split your free time in half: half for video games, half for friends and other hobbies and interests.

If you don't have friends, that's OK, but if you don't have other hobbies and interests, please try to cultivate some. It may take some effort, but it's worth it.

One of the reasons that video games can be so tricky long term is that they give an artificial sense of accomplishment because you're always "progressing" in some way: they aren't passive like TV or movies. So it gives the false sense that you're being constructive in your time, whereas it's not quite the same as actually being constructive like learning an instrument or getting in shape or studying a foreign language or something.

Nothing wrong with video games, just make sure you also do other things to be a well rounded, interesting person.

Have fun!
>>
Video games are a childish hobby, and you should look to replace them with anything else at all.

t. someone who also is addicted to video games and is still trying to kick the habit
>>
>>18524797
Who cares, as long as you take care of other stuff. This is my schedule 5 nights a week working a retail job
>wake up at 10am
>make breakfast for me and lil bro
>walk dog, shower, etc.
>make lunch for lil bro before i leave
>leave for work at 130
>work from 2-11pm
>home at 1130
>shower
>eat dinner at midnight
>play vidya till like 3am
>>
>>18524898
You only sleep like, 6-7 hours?
>>
>>18524931
Different fag but:
Thats honestly all I need. Even on weekends ill wake up on my own after 6-7hrs.

Some people have different needs. It especially goes down as you get older.
>>
>>18524931
Yeah.

Like I said, its retail.
Somedays walks in, and I'm working shipping/receiving. I tag hundreds and hundreds of shoes for hours. Don't need to be sharp minded to do that.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.