[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bear with me, I haven't posted on 4chan for what must be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Bear with me, I haven't posted on 4chan for what must be 7 or 8 years now.

I'm 31 and I've been married to my wife for 3 years and we have an 8 month old daughter. We own a nice home in a nice suburb. I have a good job that pays nicely. I'm the breadwinner and she is the homemaker. We discussed this before getting married and we were both okay with it.

One of the men who works on the corporate rung above me is planning on retiring at the end of the year and I've been working my ass off so I can get his position. My days consists of waking up at 4:30 am, going to the gym at 5, coming home and showering at 6 am, then leaving for work at 7 where I work until 6 or 7 at night then come home. 5 days a week, sometimes weekends too. I'm doing this so I can provide more for my family, so we can live comfortably. It's been like this since February.

As of late, I've noticed my wife becoming quite distant. She spends a lot of time with her sister and I can see she's upset about how much time I spend working. Every time I try and broach the topic she becomes dismissive and insists she's fine. I've tried asking her sister what's wrong but she didn't say anything either.

What can I do to make it up to her? I'm not a very romantic person, and I can't spirit her away for a vacation somewhere since we still have a breastfed baby.
>>
>>18522909
You can still spirit her away for an evening, and make it all about her. You could also take a vacation WITH the baby, like to a national park or something (if she's into that sort of thing).

There's also little shit you can do while at home. Offer her a massage, and ask her about her day while doing it. Help her cook dinner, and talk while doing so. If work is killing your relationship, then start making choices. It's ok to insist that you're only going to work 40 hours, unless you signed a contract stating otherwise. If so, start looking for more work, and tell your wife this, so that you can spend more time with her.
>>
>>18522921
It's a flat rate per annum, and it's supposed to be 9 to 5. I'm only putting so many extra hours because I want the promotion coming up, it's close to double what I'm currently making. I don't want to look for another job, even if I don't get the promotion this one is still very nice.

She finishes the dinner usually around the time I get home, but I'll start offering her massages or foot rubs before we go to bed. Maybe start planning a weekend at the beach or something too. Thanks.

Do you know how I can get her to open up more about what's bothering her?
>>
>>18522934
Which is more important: the promotion or your marriage? If you had to pick one, which would you pick?

>Do you know how I can get her to open up more about what's bothering her?
Yeah. By being there and letting her know that you and the kid are your biggest priorities. I get that you want the promotion to provide for her better, but the way shit is going, its destroying your marriage.
>>
She resents you putting your job before your family or she doesn't feel noticed\valued\empowered\apprecaited..

Climb the corporate ladder or go home and be a family man, its hard to do both successfully.
>>
>>18522937
My family 10 times out of 10. I'm only pushing for this so much so she and our daughter can live more comfortably and to give our daughter more options in the future. If I didn't have a family there's no way I would be working so hard.
>>
>>18522948
If she was happy before the promotion, but after you got the kid, she'll be happy without the promotion.

If she was unhappy before the promotion due to the increased finances due to the child, she's obviously trying to tough it and put on a brave face, so that you can get the promotion. Either way, you need to spend more time with her and focused on her if you want her to remain open.
>>
>>18522909
>Every time I try and broach the topic she becomes dismissive and insists she's fine
Insist that you do want to know what's on her mind. Explain all the thoughts on your mind, all your worries, your goals and see what she has to say.

Your work hours also sounds excessive. What about drawing the line at coming in at weekends?

It's a stretch, but the main problem might not be your increase in hours and instead something having to do with her sister.
>>
I don't understand why you have go to the gym every day
>>
>>18522909
1. Going to gym EVERY DAY IS STUPID. You should have 3 days x 1 hour max per week for maximum effect + bulk protein diet
http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/training-each-muscle-group-3-times-per-week/

2. When was the last time you invited her on date?

3. She gives you cold shower because that is what girls do when they want more your attention.

4. Asking girl
>what is wrong
is bullshit. Since you have to ask, it is already bad enough for you to notice.

5. Workibg your ass for promotion is useless. You will work for the next 30 years, bin that idea. Do your average and start being friends with your boss. That will get you promotion. Hard working people never gets promotions. Why? Who would you promote?
>joe who works as two workers for low pay
>chad who does nothing but is your friend
Firm needs idiots who work hard and they use promotion as carrot on stick you will never get.

6. Buy her flowers from time to time. Ask her on date. And have sex with her already. Pregnant girls get cut from society, they stop feeling sexy and then any other man will give her tiny bit if attention and she will cheat you.

GIVE HER YOUR ATTENTION before divorce happens. Ask her sister to give you tips. She will know everything wrong with your marriage.

7. Working from 7 to 7 is ~11 hours. I bet you got paid for 7 hours and then work 4 for free like cuck you are. Simply stop that. Career is capitalism scam to boost productivity.

8. Consider her to take some easy part time job.

9. And sex her up. Do you own vibrator? Time to buy some adult toys.

>>18522934
>flat rate
>putting extra hours
Yup, with this attitude they will NEVER promote you. You are perfect working slave. No need to give you more money when you work for free.
>>
>>18523014
I find it relaxing and helps motivate me for the rest of the day. Plus I get to stay in shape.

>>18523037
Thank you for your input.

>>18523009
It's not every weekend, just one or two a month.
>>
>>18522909
Men never realize how powerful the littlest gestures of love can be with a woman.

Do you phone her a couple of times a day just to say you're thinking of her? Do you bring home flowers, candy, her favorite magazine? Do you do the dishes when you come home, even if you're tired? Do you leave an "I love you" note on her pillow when you leave in the morning?

Believe me, the cornier the gesture, the more it will mean to her.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.