[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I be saved at this point? >29 years old >No job,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: panic-attack-full.jpg (46KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
panic-attack-full.jpg
46KB, 1000x667px
Can I be saved at this point?

>29 years old
>No job, no education and live with mother
>Fucked up teeth due to years of bad hygiene
>Severe alcoholism, I can't feel normal unless I'm drinking
>Panic attacks and bad anxiety when I'm sober, I can't function. I can't look people in the eyes, I can't walk and I feel a laundry list of weird bodily symptoms when sober (none of this shit happens when I have a buzz)
>Used to go to the ER due to the shit I just posted above which gave me horrible credit

I just feel like, I can't come back from this. I don't see myself making a comeback or living a normal life. I've fucked up so bad by years of neglecting myself, not getting an education, quitting every shitty job I've ever had and not getting help when all of this anxiety/hypochondria behavior started in 2011.

I feel like there's no hope for me and some days I want to just end it but I'm too scared to do it. I've been drunk some nights holding a knife to my throat begging myself to end it, begging myself to release myself from this prison that I feel like I'm in. If I try to sober up, my body becomes this laundry list of symptoms that I can't control even though mentally, I am not an anxious person. Numerous blood tests, EKGs and hospital visits showed that I am fine but I can't shake it off.

I don't have the money to visit some expensive ass therapist and rehab costs a fucking truckload of money. I don't know what to do and I don't know if there's anything I even can do at this point.
>>
>Okay with spending $100/night on alcohol and then treating the emergency room like a hotel
>$50 to see a therapist?! OMFG that's too rich for my blood!
I bet you haven't even priced a single shrink in your area.
>>
You can be saved, but you may need to consider some kind of really rapid change in your lifestyle and physical location. and then it sounds like your going to need a serious gameplan to get a hold of your alcoholism. You may even need some other drugs to come off the alcohol. Sorry i cant be more specific in my advice,

I'm actually not that much different then you, and have a path I am following that I think will eventually take me where I want to be so that gives me hope.

sometimes that hope comes and goes as things become harder or easier.

Try this: really spent x number of hours in nature walking per week, and use that time to picture a realistic near term vision of what you would like your life to look like, and then write down some notes about that in your phone or something.

Then spend some time figuring out some practical steps you can take to get there.

Or you could go find Jesus and start going to church or something.
>>
You shouldn't try to quit alcohol cold turkey. That could be causing your physical symptoms. Check into a rehab facility or maybe try checking into a hospital. They will give you drugs (barbiturates I think) that will ease the withdraw process.
>>
>>18522847
It's never too late, but the longer you wait to start improving things, the harder its going to be to do so. You've been waiting for a very long time. You've got your work cut out. We are talking months at minimum. More likely years.
>>
>>18522847
hi anon I wanted to say a few things.

I want to start by saying that I am a dental assistant.
I have seen people come in with the worst teeth imaginable and leave with the most beautiful set of dentures I've ever seen. I've also had patients walk in with dentures and I could not tell that they were fake teeth. If you have to get dentures just know that they will be the straightest and whitest teeth you can ever achieve so not all is lost.

As for the alcoholism, my mother is 8 years sober this year. She was a mess most of her life. She was able to flip her life around and stop drinking. She drank because of intense panic and anxiety just like you.

She also had AWFUL credit but it is now back to normal.

My mother turned her life around but it took a lot of willpower and hard work every single damn day to stay away from drugs and alcohol. Do you think you can handle working towards having that willpower too? I think you can.
>>
>>18522847
You made me feel better about my life. Thanks anon I'm gonna screencap this and read it when I'm feeling down.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.