[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Friend always act preachy >Basically tells me how most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1500127587444.png (31KB, 184x173px) Image search: [Google]
1500127587444.png
31KB, 184x173px
>Friend always act preachy
>Basically tells me how most people are drones and will never be smart
>Every time I open a new conversation about anything he just opens his mouth and flaunt how he's superior
>Just cuts me off immediately and tells me I'm stupid for saying something
>Always talk to other people and basically makes me feel ignored

What the fuck is up with people like this? I don't enjoy being with him anymore and I feel like cutting him off from my life since he makes me feel like I'm the biggest retard in the world. What does /adv/ think I should do?
>>
Outsmart him to show him he is not hot shit.

If you cannot then just cut him out of your life.
>>
>>18521682
Whenever I try to say something, he goes on a 15 minute tangent saying "no that's not true" and keeps yelling that whatever he thinks it's correct because he spent hours reading about it or whatever.

Maybe he's a narcissist or something, but I had enough with that shit
>>
Be less retarded and more assertive
>>
>>18521701
This will just result in a shouting match and knowing his personality he'll start getting into a fight
>>
What, why are you even talking to him
People like that get on my blacklist quickly
>>
>>18521664
He's not wrong, a lot of people are sheep.
>>
>>18521721
He's an old friend and he hangs out with people I know from time to time
>>
>>18521707
Then stop being friends with him.
>>
>>18521730
I guess it came to this. I'll just be less responsive to him and won't hang out with him that much to the point that I'll cut off all contact later
>>
>>18521664
He's a narcissist. Likely nothing will change him.

My mom and my exhusband are terrible narcissists. And after having dealt in such close range to an actual narcissist, I kinda feel like I can get my way around them. It takes a while but once you watch their behaviors enough, you eventually learn what shuts them down. The shut down is only brief, giving you enough time to escape for x amount of time until they start back up again. I had lost many battles with my mom and ex, but when my ex got all crazy after the divorce, I kinda just had no fear anymore and started arguing back and seeing what works.

My dad always told me "To combat a narcissist, be a narcissist." However, this only works to a degree. You basically have to martyr yourself and embarrass them at the same time.

1. Never argue with a narcissist alone. Because they will twist that shit so hard just to be able to feel right.

2. Never match anger with a narcissist. If he blows up yelling about how right he is. Don't get frustrated. In these moments, you just have to cool-headedly state, "Whoa, you're getting pretty heated over that. Does being right really matter that much?"

3. When a narcissist insults you, all I do is look really uncomfortable. Especially if it's in front of people. I guess I could be a bit of a victim diva, but the whole point is to both martyr and embarrass. Make them doubt their actions. Better to have a group of people do this.

Speaking of which, do you have friends who feel the same way? Because narcissist, albeit narcissistic, react upon their audience. When their audiences boos them, they either tone down the aggression (however they are not cured) or they find another audience.

If you don't want to deal, then definitely don't be afraid of cutting him off.
>>
>>18521760
Wow, these are all nice advice. Thank you.
>Speaking of which, do you have friends who feel the same way?
Yes, a mutual friend of ours gets frustrated because the same shit happens to him too.

I'm honestly not gonna bother with him anymore. It's not worth the stress and energy for me to argue his bullshit
>>
Always smile and nod in a smug way while saying "uh huh" and give home funny looks. At the very least he will be furious and it'll probably be funny.
>>
stop talking with lowtiergod
>>
>>18521694
next time have like 5 sources open on your phone and other sources saying his argument is wrong.
>>18521760
listen to him
>>
>>18521760
nice
>>
>>18521664
Sounds like a raging pseud. These guys are always over-compensating for huge self-doubt. Give him the 'haha ok champ' treatment. When he says everyones a drone you go 'haha everyones dumb except you huh? how about that.' if he says YEAH WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK go 'ohhh im not a smart guy like you' etc. Cultivate an air of bemused contempt for him and he'll take himself apart from the inside. It's dead easy and a lot of fun too. Enjoy yourself!
Basically do what
>>18521927
says.
>>
>>18521664
Spend your energy on looking for new friends
>>
File: 1497480612575.jpg (59KB, 402x268px) Image search: [Google]
1497480612575.jpg
59KB, 402x268px
>>18521664
Gonna guess your friend is this guy, and we all know one like this.
>has no friends, just people that he stands near
>people merely tolerate him, but often tell him to his face to fuck off
>laughs it off with a "oh you guys know you like me" while everyone else has a niggaweaintkidding.jpg look
>every sentence with the goal to one-up you or prove you wrong starts with "actually" and an upward inflection into the "-lly"
>whatever you have done he has done twice, and better, and has written a book on it
>isn't actually dumb, but isn't quite smart enough to realize how much of a douche he is
>despite all this has somehow made it into the gifted/accelerated classes in your school, so that is his free pass to be hot shit
>thinks he has massive game with the ladies, but like the aforementioned friends, the same deal
>tells everyone about his friend who is going to get him a job at CERN straight out of high school
>long and short of it, would know a fair bit of stuff, but was also fairly okay at making shit up as he went, so always had some bullshit to throw into the conversation, even though anyone with an inkling knew it was bullshit. Would even grade school "nu-uh" you if you called him out, and never would admit fault.

Sound about right?

Ours was named Alex Cambell. Fuck Alex Cambell.
>>
>>18521760
>>18523745

All this.

Basically you have to put up a verbal wall between you and him. Every time he makes some long drawn statement, you basically just give him a non-answer. "I'm sorry you feel that way", "Ok", "That's wrong, but ok", "Well that's too bad". He will just get more frustrated and embarrassed and continue beating himself to death on this wall. It could take a while but he'll eventually just tucker out while you expend 0 energy. You sure as hell won't be able to keep him as a friend if you continue doing this, but it will be hilarious as you totally crush his ego by dealing with him like he's an overtalkative 5 year old.
>>
I'm one of these people. However, I actually take the time to research everything. I rarely speak in general, and when I do, I like to be 100% correct with facts to back up my statements. It just so happens that I come off as a know it all asshole, which I'm fine with. My friends rarely ever delve deeper than the surface of any topic or thing that interests them. I find people like this to be dull and not worth much in my book. In fact, I don't like anyone at all, not even myself.
>>
>>18524795
This all would work on a child, not an adult.
>>
>>18525163
>This all would work on a child, not an adult.

That's EXACTLY what he is
>>
>>18521664
Sounds like you're friends with 4chan.
>>
>>18525160
Sounds like you have poor interpersonal and emotional intelligence anon. Work on it.
>>
>>18521664
A good old egoist. He doesn't want to be your friend, he wants you to be his friend..
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.