[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am rediculously phobic of insects and spiders. I live fairly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1499873209548.jpg (26KB, 383x377px) Image search: [Google]
1499873209548.jpg
26KB, 383x377px
I am rediculously phobic of insects and spiders. I live fairly north and I dread the warm seasons. One time my girlfriend, who usually takes care of household bugs, couldn't find the spider I saw in the bed, gave up and fell asleep. The next morning when she went to visit her mom I straight up bought a new bed, had it delivered and they took out my old bed. She had no idea about it until she came home. She wasn't upset, it was my money, but that's when it hit her how bad it was.

I'm scared of therapy because I know what the cure is. I disabled images because I've been on 4chan long enough to know what you're gonna post, so don't bother.

Anyone here get over a phobia?
>>
Hi
>>
exposure is the only way
let a spider crawl over you, or someone else's pet spider, or just a bug
realize that in the end, nothing is going to happen to you. the worst that could happen is you get a tiny bite
>>
>>18519582
honestly i love bugs and insects. but of course i hate begbugs. nature is scary yo!
>>
I can't don't know of anything specifically pertaining to a fear of insects/spiders, but as with most phobias, a good way to overcome the fear is to slowly and gradgually expose yourself too it.
Maybe start with images/videos of insects, then moving on to eventally watching them outside, then touching them. Or if that's too much for you, seek a therapist. They can help you more professionally.
>>
Thanks for reminding me to disable images. I've had the same exact problem my whole life.

No real solution, I'm just gonna keep cowering in fear at the sight of those damn things and camp in a different room with all lights on. I'm okay with this as my autistic ass lives alone.
>>
Lets trace this shit back OP. What is the earliest you can remember about being afraid of them?

Also are you afraid of crabs? They are essentially water bugs. Where do you draw the line?
>>
>>18519652
Crabs too. Things with souless eyes and more than 4 legs.
>>
>>18519652
Oh and long as I can remember
>>
Same here. Well, not to the extent of buying a new bed, but I didn't use my computer for 3 days once because I saw something that looked like a bug there.

I'm not even afraid of them, per se, but rather, deeply disgusted. Even dead bugs really stress me out, though not as much as living ones since they can't move and I can just avoid looking in the areas I know there are some.

I guess now I know how girls feel when they look at me.
>>
>>18520468
>I guess now I know how girls feel when they look at me.
I can promise you that they only feel that when they look at you because that's how you think of yourself.
>>
>>18519582
Drink more cum serious
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.