[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ I am java developer from Mexico who has recently gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0151.jpg (155KB, 1282x978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0151.jpg
155KB, 1282x978px
hey /adv/ I am java developer from Mexico who has recently gotten a green card, but I find difficult to find a job. any tips?
>>
>>18519393

why are you a java developer

this morning i became a fucking angular developer

last week i became a fucking node and socket developer

how old are you?
>>
I 've been working with java mostly the last 6 years, but I also know other languages like swift and javascript, SQL, been working in banks the last 4 years.

i am 34
>>
tried LinkedIn, but I think I ain't using it right. also, i am willing to move to any part of the US
>>
>>18519415
>>18519462

sorry if I came across a little edgy

upon self-reflection I came to the realization that I got all my developer jobs mainly through cronyism.
>>
>>18519393
How did you get a green card without a job?

Also, if you are limited to one language, you're pretty much fucked here. Natives who know multiple programing languages are struggling to compete against pajeets.
>>
>>18519509
mom got it first when bush sr was president and she migrated me.

here in Mexico I only needed java and got working knowledge as I went along, so I am a fast learner. what are the ones most used?

I studied aws, swift, android, less and node.
>>
>>18519524
Not a programmer - I couldn't tell you. But I've got a german chick staying with me while she looks for work in order to get a visa. I do know that, shy of specialty software, Java is pretty much a dead language.

I'd ask her what relevant programming languages there are, but I'm at work. I can tell you that she has at least 6, as well as a degree and work experience for a German University, and still can't find a sponsor. She goes back home in August, after 6 months of searching.
>>
>>18519534

what I get is that swift is rising in popularity even in the server side, but can't find a junior position.
>>
>>18519544
Where have you looked?
>>
>>18519534

for your friend, an HR person told me that there is a rise of need for permanent residents for these positions because the working visas are getting reduced. so it will be very difficult for her to get one
>>
>>18519548

mostly LinkedIn, the people of Infosys are pushing for me to every position they have all over the states but no luck yet.
>>
>>18519551
Not my friend. My wife's. She's one of the most awkward people I've ever met. I've lived with her for 6 full months (and a 2 month visit before that), and I've never bonded with her. It's really odd, as I usually start bonding with everyone I meet within the first hour without even trying. I've made active efforts, and it feels like talking to a wall.

At any rate, I'm not too concerned about it. If she wanted to, the US military is offering citizenship to people from certain countries that join up for a minimum of 2 years. If she's that desperate, she can go that route.
>>
>>18519557
Try shit like Indeed and Monster. Linked in is a networking site. It's not bad, but that shouldn't be where you begin and end your search.
>>
>>18519562

thanks, my mom told me about indeed but I didn't listen I'll try does.
>>
>>18519560

I was also considering the military, but too lazy for that, but if the worse comes...

maybe she is very introverted or has trust issues i know I am like that with some people.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.