[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What job can I get certified for in a year or less that makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: pablo-sanchez.jpg (246KB, 625x462px) Image search: [Google]
pablo-sanchez.jpg
246KB, 625x462px
What job can I get certified for in a year or less that makes me 16 dollars an hour? I'm willing to work at it 12 hours a day so even if it normally takes longer than a year to get certified I might be able to finish it faster.
>>
Why do you have to be certified in a year
>>
File: it's-gourds-only.jpg (306KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
it's-gourds-only.jpg
306KB, 1024x576px
>>18519202
Because I feel so pathetic living at my mom's house at age 23 and I just want to move on with life as soon as possible. I'm just throwing the 1 year limit out there to see what people say back. Obviously if it could be done sooner that would be great, but I suspect that that's unrealistic. Perhaps a year is unrealistic as well but you never know. The idea of staying here longer than a year sounds unbearable, I'll say that much.
>>
Take a peek at a local community college in your city.

Look at a few programs that pique your interest.

Don't do something just because it pays well, you will hate life more than you do now. It's easy for you to say you'll tough it out but very few people can tough it out.

See how many of those programs have transferable credits. Can you take a 2 year practical nursing course, make $25 an hour, and then after a few years, bridge into a registered nursing program and make $40 an hour? Etc
>>
File: putt-putt.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
putt-putt.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>18519409
>nursing course
kek I know you don't know me and I know that was just an example but that would be the worst job for someone like me. I'm horribly unqualified.
>Don't do something just because it pays well, you will hate life more than you do now. It's easy for you to say you'll tough it out but very few people can tough it out.
I appreciate that but honestly I expect work to be terrible. I used to do a call center job for 7.50 an hour, and as bad as it SHOULD have been, it was actually rather bearable because I was working toward a goal (buying a car). Once I was able to afford a car, I had no goal in mind, so my mindset changed, and only then did the work become unbearable.
So I can work a soul-sucking job as long as I have a goal, and paying rent is a permanent one. I would even have no problem going back to the call center if it payed enough.
The best job for me would be one where I don't have to interact with people (besides maybe a few coworkers) too much and can just work at my computer for most of the day.
>>
>>18519436
what about becoming an EMT? The certification course is usually only 3-4 months.
>>
>>18519157
Join an apprenticeship. I started at 14.38 in a town where the rent is 400/month. 6 months later, got a 50 cent raise. A year later, I got a dollar raise. 15.88 is really close. Once you put in 2 years as an apprentice, your employer can sponsor you to become a Journeyman, where your wages will come close to doubling. You'll also be able to find work literally anywhere.
>>
>>18519540
But this doesn't fit into his autistic timeframe of 1 year
>>
>>18519547
15.88 is really fucking close to 16 dollars per hour, and I got it in a town with a low cost of living in a year. Any place that would have rent higher than that would price themselves accordingly.
>>
OP do what I did make a resume that's says you're a student with a high GPA in competitive major. Also the resume needs to have serving experience at a local restaurant of about a year. Print ten resumes. Go to ten restaurants and ask to speak with a manager...

"How are you today my name is ____, I'm serving at ____ currently but if I'm being honesty I'd prefer to serve here, I wanted to introduce myself before applying online and to tell you I'd highly appreciate it if yon took a look at my CV"

Then lie your face off in all the interviews you get. Do some research about serving before this.

I make over twenty an hour when including tips. Only thing is weekdays you work a few short hour shifts because the restaurant dies quicker.
>>
>>18519579
Enjoy getting sued when they inevitably catch you in your lie.
>>
>>18519587
Sued for what exactly?
>>
File: 1407540653722.gif (433KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1407540653722.gif
433KB, 240x180px
>>18519592
fraud and shit nigger
>>
>>18519579
Yeah, that'll get you sued. It's ok to lie. It's not ok to get caught. So don't tell lies that they can catch you in. If they hire you based on a lie, and catch you later, they will sue the ever-loving shit out of you.
>>
>>18519595
Maybe if I said I had a degree in something I didn't but nah my resume ain't getting no one sued
>>
>>18519596
Mad you didn't do it maybe?
>>
>>18519597
A comprehensive background check (which is typical when hiring for anything except McJobs) would be able to tell if you're lying. Furthermore, some jobs actually ask for a copy of your college transcript.
>>
>>18519600
We are specifically talking about a serving job. At a restaurant not a brain surgeon Jesus
>>
>>18519603
OP is talking about a job that has some sort of certification. McJobs don't have that.
>>
>>18519595
>the critic
my negro!
>>
>>18519579
troll
>>
>>18519157
Dog grooming. I average $30/hr. Its commissioned so if things are busy enough and you're fast enough you can always give yourself a raise. It also take less than a year to learn you need about a grand in equipment though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.