[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is if a person has stage 4 colon cancer (spread at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: tonni.jpg (32KB, 499x570px) Image search: [Google]
tonni.jpg
32KB, 499x570px
How bad is if a person has stage 4 colon cancer (spread at least to liver) and slowly progressing (CLL) leukemia?

Hard mode: the person I'm talking about is 65 years old.

How likely is it he'll see 2025 with the best treatment there is?

Asking for a friend. Seriously, he's my dad and I'm not entirely OK about the news.
>>
Everyone dies you should be prepared for this outcome positive side is he lived a long life now he can relax and live the rest of it in peace
>>

Sorry, Anon.
>>
I'm a biochemist involved in researching cancer cures. The prognosis is very poor. Compounded with leukemia, he has about a 3% chance of survival. There are some things you can do. Meditation involving visualizing the mass disappearing has been shown to help. Our brains are more powerful than we know. You also need to get him on a Ph lowering diet and supplementing baking soda. In addition to chemo and radiation he needs to be doing hyperbaric treatment therapy. Cancer is hallmarked by poor perfusion (bloodflow) to the tumor and high acidity near it. It's hypothesized by many people to be a variety of fungus, which would explain why baking soda is effective in killing it off. Hyperbaric chamber treatments increase bloodflow in the entire body and the area around the tumor, effectively lowering the Ph of the surrounding areas. Eliminating red meat consumption, committing to exercising every single day even if he's puking from chemo, are both very important for survival. There's some evidence to suggest that patients who don't quite know how bad it is will hold on longer and have a higher chance of full recovery.
>>
stage 4 is terminal, probably has a few months to live. its either that or going through therapy and living in pain for a year
>>
About 4 months. Just enjoy the time yoy have left. Support him when he is low.
>>
>>18518905
>Meditation involving visualizing the mass disappearing has been shown to help.
Bullshit
>>
Man I wish I was trolling...

My mother in law died roughly 3 months after her diagnosis. Colon cancer is fucking deadly, because it's silent AF. It's usually too late for anything. Her case was pretty much the same, and having the liver infected makes medicine much less effective.

I'm sorry anon, I truly am, nobody deserves to hear that, but you should start preparing for the worse
>>
>>18518871
i'm dying also this is something you can get used to learn to accept
>>
>>18518918
>>18518914
It feels bad to realize the gravity of the situation.

He has always been smarter than me, a PhD in math while I'm a CS major from a lesser university.

Yet, even with the medical condition he's got he still outsmarts me if we get into a serious discussion - he has read FAR more and even if we're talking about something he's not familiar with he can catch up quickly and engage in serious discussions about anything.

It's astonishing a mind twice my age is so bright and clear while the body supporting it is about to shatter.

Watching that makes me weep.
>>
>>18519004
Nice blog, but where do I subscribe?
>>
2025? Shit, lots of 65 year olds that are healthy now aren't going to live that long. 2020 would be a miracle.
>>
>>18519011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcmylxQ0ma4

here you go
>>
>>18519041
Was this meant to amuse me?

It did not.
>>
>>18519059
A sarcastic fuckface as yourself can probably find other sources of amusement than threads grieving relatives on /adv/, but I can go out of my way and provide you good links on youtube:

Maybe this amuses you enough to keep away from this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppzGV1U8y8&t=1s
>>
>>18519104
Terrible
>>
>>18519025
With that diagnosis, 2018 is going to be a miracle desu.
>>
File: 1408775080096.jpg (192KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1408775080096.jpg
192KB, 900x675px
My mother had colon cancer that had spread pretty far. They had to remove her rectum along with a huge chunk of her colon. She had to have a colostomy bag for over a year while they did radiation for months, then chemo every other week for months. They were able to stretch her remaining colon back to her anus and she's been working on her bowel movements, but still has to wear adult diapers while she trains her sphincter.

She's in the clear and shows no sign of the cancer being active in her system. As long as she doesn't get cancer somewhere else, she is 100% fine.

My mom is 58, so a bit younger than your dad. I hope that your dad recovers the same way as my mom did, and he's able to bounce back and be around.
>>
>>18519131
If it was operable then it wasn't stage 4 like op's dad. Stage 4 means it's terminal.

Cute pic btw.
>>
>cancer is a variety of fungus
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>18520127
>>18518905
I meant
>>
>>18518905
>I'm a biochemist involved in researching cancer cures.
Just so y'all are clear, this guy is full of shit. He's not a biochemist. He has no medical training. Virtually everything he said is considered a myth by mainstream doctors and researchers. All of it is, however, enthusiastically touted by unscrupulous (or deluded) alternative medicine dipshits.

An alkaline diet does not, in fact, lower your body's pH (and he got the capitalization of pH backwards - odd, from a biochemist). Even if you COULD manipulate your body's pH through diet, there's no evidence that that would have any impact on cancer cells. Not only is baking soda not used to treat cancer (there's very tentative research ongoing in this area, but nothing that could actually help anyone yet), it's not even how actual fungal infections are treated, AND it excessive sodium bicarbonate intake can be dangerous. Hyperbaric medicine has not been shown to be effective in treating cancer in clinical trials.

I'm not even going to touch the thing about "visualizing the mass disappearing."

This guy is an alternative medicine quack LARPing as a "biochemist." And it's really fucking shitty to inject your bullshit into a thread that somebody posted about their actual dad, who is dying, particularly when some of your advice can actually be dangerous (as "supplementing" with baking soda can be).

Seriously, fuck off and never, ever come back.
>>
>>18518871
Listen man there's no hope. Stage 4 with another cancer form evolving? He's tough as shit to be alive right now. I'm really sorry anon, but accept that these are his last days. My condolences.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.