[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been trying to quit smoking cigarettes ever since I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

I've been trying to quit smoking cigarettes ever since I started about 11 months ago. I smoke cannabis as well but what I'm trying to do is replace cigarettes with weed completely.

The problem is that if I smoke cannabis, I get a craving for nicotine. I think this is because I started doing poppers (weed and tobacco mixed), but I love marijuana and I don't want to stop using it. The benefits I get from it are very important to me.

I'm trying to quit cigarettes before I become a long term smoker. I can usually go a day without smoking, but shortly after I relapse.

Anyone have any advice other than to stop smoking weed? I'm an 18 year old male (if that matters).
>>
stop buying cigarettes
>>
>>18517340
Here's the problem, everyone around me smokes. Both family and friends, so its hard to resist.
>>
>>18517346
So just smoke and die early. Listen man, everyone has something thats killing them. As long as you can awknowledge that and then say "fuck it its worth dying earlier" then you can go back to enjoying it and stop thinking about stupid shit like this.

Either your will to quit will be more than your desire to smoke, or the other way around. If youre the type of person that needs a slap in the face as a wakeup call then so be it. But at least acknowledge it first.
>>
>>18517346
It's legitimately a lot tougher when everyone around you smokes. IMO, if none of your friends and family smoke, it's piss easy.

You can try Swedish Snus (not camel/marlboro; kinda hard to find in the states but it is out there). More nicotine than American oral tobacco and no spitting. Vaping is also an option. Also nicotine gum (can likely get it for free if you have health insurance).

That being said, in my experience, people just end up smoking *and* vaping/snusing/chewing if everyone around them is a smoker.
>>
>>18517335
I fell you

I quit cannabis after 8 years everyday

I quit alcohol after 1 1/2 years everyday (had withdrawls that almost killed me, LITTERALY)
I quit caffeine with no issues consuming it most my life

I can't quit ciggeretes. I've been smoking them for about 9 years now. I slowed down to about 8 ciggeretes a day (on a good day 6, but never more then 10)

You've only been smoking for 11 months? Quit now while you can! My dad smoked for 12 years, quit for 6 months but started again because after that amount of time you still end up feening for ome here and their.

Its hard but dont fuck up and smoke like i do.
>>
>>18517386
I've had the same outlook for a while. I'm just sick of feeling like shit every day and coughing my ass off. Not being able to breathe is pretty fun too. I know its not from weed because before I smoked cigarettes I never had any issues. I don't even enjoy cigarettes, yet something in my brain tells me I need them.
>>
>>18517391
I used to chew tobacco as well, but I quit once I started smoking cigarettes. It was weird because I loved it and once cigarettes came into the picture, I didn't even think about chewing tobacco anymore.
>>
>>18517398
Best way to quit is just to quit, none of this weening bs.
>>
>>18517335
Stop smoking that shit, both cigs and weed.
>>
>>18517417
Its so hard when everyone around you smokes cigarettes. Also, all my friends smoke weed and cigs so its not like I can just get away from it. My house is usually the hang out spot so I'm stuck in a predicament.
>>
Just don't smoke.

Drink alot of water and maintain a daily routine. It helps with self control.
>>
File: meh.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>18517421
No, motherfucker, you just quit.
I was raised by fat people to be a fat person. Instead of being fat, I got my shit together and stopped eating gargantuan amounts of food WHILE still living with my fat fucking family.
Instead of whining "but I hang out with addicts" to us, you say "thanks man, I quit" when they offer you a cig or weed. You won't be a failure or the party pooper if you decline.
You weak-willed cunts grind my gears sometimes, I swear.
>>
>>18517335
What are the weed benefits? Are you self medicating? Not judging I'm truly curious.
>>
>>18517421
God damn man stop acting like they're shoving cigarettes in your mouth, lighting them, and giving you chest compressions to make you smoke it.

This is 100% all on you, stop playing the "its hard because its around" card. Start thinking about ways to turn down the cigarette if offered.

Also, understand that quitting is not easy, but if you care about living that extra 30 years or whatever then you'll stop.
>>
>>18517434
2 completely different situations man. Maybe your family has an issue with food addiction but this isn't the case for me. Different addictions call for different actions. The same plan doesn't work for everything. Incredibly narrow.
>>
>>18517442
Just curious do you smoke? Because if you're trying to give me this advice and you don't have any experience, your advice won't matter to me. Its easier said than done, and to say "just stop doing it" is literally retarded. It doesn't work that way.
>>
>>18517451
>do you smoke?
Yeah I do.
>cant give correct advice unless you've done it
Lmao
>"Just stop doing it" doesnt work
How do people quit then you smartass? Do they keep doing it? Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>18517451
Also based on this response its not only vehemently clear that you are still young of mind, but also nothing anyone will tell you on this thread or in real life will make you quit.
>>
>>18517462
No shit they stop doing it but they don't just wake up one day and say "ok no more I just won't do it" and actually succeed.

As far as the advice thing goes, if you smoke, your advice is more reliable than someone who doesn't. If you can't understand that then you're a dumbass.
>>
>>18517467
It didn't sound right the way I put it. What I meant was that if you smoke your advice is more reliable than that of someone who doesn't.
>>
>>18517451
Can you at least be an adult and acknowledge the fact that saying, "Its not my fault its theirs" is immature and wrong?
Until you own up to your own faults, nothing youre doing in your own head is wrong. Therefore nothing that anyone can do will change it.
I'm not saying it isn't harder to quit when the thing is around, that should be claritin clear.
>>
>>18517481
I didn't say it wasn't my fault lol. In my original post I don't even say anything about other people.
>>
>>18517473
>they dont just wake up and quit
A quick google search will show you otherwise. A majority of people that quit for life quit on a whim.
>>
>>18517486
>Google

Kek
>>
>>18517443
>I can't say no to myself and other people
>BUT IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN WHEN YOU DO IT
Fuck you too. Stay addicted if that's what you want.
>>
http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_03_02_cold_turkey.html
Obviously it doesnt work in every scenario, but thats because people think they'll find something that works just because they do it and dont want to put in more than minimal effort.
>>
Anyways, thanks to everyone who actually had decent advice to give me. For anyone who wants to debate with me, I'm not sticking around to type away all day. Anyways, I have to get back to work. Thanks for everything.
>>
>>18517494
Its clear he is just frustrated with the position he feels himself to be in. Most likely he has other stressors in his life that are making him not see clearly. Either way I see the point youre making crystal clear bud.
>>
ITT OP looking for an echo chamber because he's a bitch.
>>
>>18517502
ITT you're mad
>>
>>18517503
Goteem
>>
>>18517494
I'm not that guy, but you're a real idiot if you think not shoving food down your gullet in some way equates to the strength of willpower that can break even one day of nicotine cravings. Christ, I don't even smoke, I've lived with these people long enough to know how disease-like it is. If I want a relapsing herion junkie to get better I don't tell him he's a weak-willed cunt, like fuck that's totally useless.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>18517534
>you're a real idiot if you think not shoving food down your gullet in some way equates to the strength of willpower
Ask this guy.

>that can break even one day of nicotine cravings
Oh, so you're weak enough to give into some "cravings"? That's low.

>I've lived with these people long enough to know how disease-like it is
You're not a special snowflake, most people have.

>If I want a relapsing herion junkie to get better I don't tell him he's a weak-willed cunt
Yeah, you send him to rehab or call the police.

>like fuck that's totally useless
I'd say the junkie is useless.
>>
>>18517503
ITT OP cries for change but won't change because he's too weak.
>>
>>18517572
There are no withdrawal symptoms from sugar and fatty greasy foods. Similarly, there are no withdrawal symptoms from getting more exercise than a couple trips to the kitchen and bathroom. So no, I'm not convinced those are the same.
>>
>>18517603
>withdrawal symptoms
Oh no, you're going to give in because shit is nagging you in your head and body?
Get some discipline and willpower, fag.
>>
>>18517638
I'm not OP and have never smoked you dense twat. Like I said I am just somebody who has lived with smokers. You can go ahead and stop stroking that e-penis now.
>>
>>18517670
>I'm not OP and have never smoked
Then fuck off, enabler.
>>
>>18517738
>enabler
Right because next time your friend whips out a cigarette, it's gonna be you who cracks down on his ass with hard wisdom that he doesn't want to hear, but needs to. And it will be you who reveals to him the light and be done forever, because your friends are not weak-willed cunts or you wouldn't be friends with them. Like dude, go meet some more people, please, and you'll find out that 1) a third of them smoke and 2) your opinion has zero effect that social circle, assuming you have the balls to lay it out in the first place.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.