[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I fix my cat? He wasn't socialized properly with other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1499799411638.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499799411638.gif
2MB, 250x250px
Can I fix my cat?

He wasn't socialized properly with other cats, and now he's basically autistic. Also, he hates me, and it makes me sad.

He's almost 3
>>
>>18516954
Hi, I am your cat. Don't fix me, please. That's just my way of life.
>>
>>18516959
Then let me pet you, you little shit
>>
File: 51521693_p5_master1200.jpg (569KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
51521693_p5_master1200.jpg
569KB, 600x1040px
>>18516959
this

Proverbs 12:10
A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast; But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
>>
Cats don't become autistic, unless they're raised together as kittens or naturally friendly, they usually will treat each other like the bane of theie existence. Neither of these seems to describe your cat. My cat does love me, but won't hesitate to attack me if I try to make her go through a door by nudging her with my foot or petting her when she has a good opportunity to scratch. It makes no sense. They're like people, they have unique personalities, all usually retarded in one way or another.
>>
>>18516989
Ok but I was kinda mean to him when he would act up, and I want to make up for it. He's not skittish, but he'll hiss at me if I pet him too long.

I want to get him comfortable with other cats, because we'll be moving in with some.
>>
I guess it goes without saying that I don't know shit about cats. I was talked into this one by a roommate.
>>
>>18517001
It's hard to get a cat to "forgive" you, they will forget the actual event so fast, they don't even realize they formed a bad habit based on it. It will take time and patience to win his affection - and don't expect it to work right away, or at all. You can try feeding him healthy scraps but he will probably grow tired of his own food and start to beg every time you eat a meal. I made that mistake myself, it helped with her behavior but not enough to warrant the begging.
>>
>>18517001
Also
>He's not skittish, but he'll hiss at me if I pet him too long.
This is normal.
>Move in with other cats
It's all up to chance. He will either get used to it or run away. You can't guarantee the other cats will behave, either. Try to keep him in a separate room at first.
>>
>>18517013
That's what we're doing now. He's at my buddy's place, his mom's cat bullies him, but he bullies my roommate's cats, so we have to keep him by himself.

I feel bad, I imagine he's lonely. I bought him some treats for the next time I see him.

I feel a little better about his behavior though, thanks
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.