[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nearly 32 years old, wife, 2 kids, over weight, drink every night,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: goddamnit.jpg (166KB, 1536x1023px) Image search: [Google]
goddamnit.jpg
166KB, 1536x1023px
Nearly 32 years old, wife, 2 kids, over weight, drink every night, wife works 40 hours a week at a factory, I have a small bit of income but not a steady job, I recently applied to a job that I know how to do well but was beat out by an old acquaintance of the hiring manager with no experience, im overall just a miserable bastard, I honestly don't know how to overcome the sadness and over all hopelessness of my fucking existence....please I know the first advice is going to be loose weight stop drinking I understand that BUT I need to become happy or at least find a tolerable middle ground with my life before I will have the motivation to stop drinking in the evening as its the only thing that takes my mind off being worthless a few hours a night....would really like to hear from someone who has been in a similar situation and overcame it help me if you can..life is short and going by quickly I hate that it has to be miserable everyday.

repost from yesterday, my old post died before I could get back to respond
>>
>>18516784
Welp, if it's your intention to be a do-nothing loser for the rest of your life, insisting that some stranger magic up a way to make you "happy" before you're willing to do anything else is a great strategy.

You apparently have money to burn for booze, and you have time to burn to drink it for "a few hours per night", why you'd want to save that money or spend that time doing something more productive is a gigantic mystery.

Boo hoo.
>>
>>18516849
that's the only money I spend its the only thing in my life I enjoy...I figure its worth it
>>
>>18516849
go somewhere else if you want to spread negativity, there is no need to reply in /adv/ if you don't actually plan on helping
relaisation is the first step, seeking help another one, it's not like he's doing nothing at all

as for you OP, I have never been in this situation but know someone who was
heavy drinker, generally depressed and seemed like nothing could help him
he went to seek help in religion and i dont know if he was actually saved or what happened, but he is much better now
that's not to say this will work for you or anything, but just know that it is possible to "treat", but I guess that you should get help from someone more qualified than some guy on Taiwanese noodle-knitting forum
>>
File: 1465837145810-3.png (24KB, 559x509px) Image search: [Google]
1465837145810-3.png
24KB, 559x509px
Happiness is NOT and was NEVER a requirement for raw discipline.
>>
>>18516784
Got any hobbies? Can you start taking some exercise?
>>
>>18516942
no hobbies other than sitting alone drinking beer....I try to walk down the road I live in at least once a week
>>
>>18516863
Then you've made your choice. You can either have your booze and continue this shitty cycle. Or you can cut back/cut yourself off and gain control of your life and money.
>>
>>18516946
my life is not out of control due to drinking a few beers 2 hours before bed....
>>
>>18516970

not its not, but other anon is right.

You are making this choice. You have placed this activity on a pedestal, you and no-one else.

If it really brings you the joy you claim it does.... then why did you come to here of all places and post about being miserable?

when you figure out the answer, you'll realise it has nothing to do with alcohol and all about how you decide your priorities in life.

There is a behavior pattern you're exhibiting. Do you make a written budget with your wife every month, or do you have separate bank accounts?
>>
>>18516992
1 joint account and I have a separate account....
>>
>>18516863
I'm sure your wife and kids are overjoyed that their existence is just another source of misery for you.

>>18516879
You understand that this guy is not here because he's really looking to make his life better, right?

Go ahead and ask if he's considered seeing a mental health professional.
>>
>>18516784
Two choices:

1. Continue feeling sorry for yourself.
2. Apply for another job
>>
>>18517070
I didn't say my family was a source of misery...

yes I have considered seeing a professional but not sure that it would help anything paying $70 an hour just to tell some guy what a worthier bastard I am so he can non his head and invite me back next week

>>18517085
its not just the job man...
>>
>>18516784
Got to think and ask yourself what are you seeing or feeling that is wrong. What are you really looking for? If your family and job isn't the problem, what's bothering you so much?
>>
>>18517993
I cant seem to put my finger on it, the fact that im not successful at anything and almost 32 is a part of it I suppose
>>
>>18516784
well I was in your situation when I was 19 minus the drinking and wife and kids.

find a job bro.
>>
honestly just eat some mushrooms you'd probably feel so horrible about your existence that you'd have no choice but to improve your situation
>>
Christ. You're teaching a little person how to be an adult. Get your shit together. You know if you actually change your situation you won't feel like you need to drink- shocking, I know.
>>
>>18516863
>has a wife and two kids
>says alcohol is the only thing in life he enjoys
You really need to take a step back and examine the statement you just made. God damn. You don't enjoy spending time with your children, or doing something special to show your appreciation to your wife?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.