[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know that this probably belongs to /fit/, but I'd rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1496849503401.jpg (82KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1496849503401.jpg
82KB, 600x444px
I know that this probably belongs to /fit/, but I'd rather ask this here anyway:
I'm planning on losing weight, instead of asking some advice i'd really like to hear some experiences of people that have lost a lot of weight and how did they do it. I'd really appreciate it
>>
>>18516417
what are these sad cat pics called ive been collecting them
>>
>>18516417
Okay well I always been chunky by middle school I just accepted it
Then in high school I played football so Id feel less worthless

Ended up caring about what I put in my body lifted occasionally

Eventually my taste buds changed and I didnt want to eat as much. That coupled with the fairly intend lifting I did in the summer made me strongfat until condition training and less intense lifting made me lean and large
>>
>>18516417
>>18516433
I'm a fatty that blew out his knee now btw

Losing weight for the sake of losing weight takes a lot of drive

It's easier if you have another goal that is tangentially related to fitness
>>
>>18516417
Move around a lot, and cut out sugar and carbs. Stick to water and black coffee for beverages. You'll watch pounds melt off you, so long as you don't overeat.
>>
>>18516417
I was fat since forever. When young at school i honestly though that since i am clever (other kids were super stupid at my primary school), i am supposted to be fat. Also having 140kg mum and fat dad didnt help either. I fell for the muh genetics meme since like 6 years old.

Then at 23 i discovered /fit and read sticky. Decided to ignore the countibg calories and went swimming daily. That added me another 2kg in one month. Then i read the sticky again and finally started counting calories.

In first two weeks i though i will die. The hunger, sadness, inability to sleep well, morning hangovers like you drank too much alcohol (but without the alcohol). If not for distraction from work and video games i would get mood very close to depression.

After 2 weeks it got better. It just turned into dull nonstop hunger. Even when 1200+ kcal food (half my daily intake), 10 minutes later the gunger came again.

I havent noticed change until i shed around 15kg after 3 months. I find out my clothes are more loose and had to get new pants.

Some people praised me for losing weight, but i didnt even know how to react to it. As far as body dismorphia go, even years after i still see fatass in the mirror despite having 20 bmi. So yeah, never trust your brain to when to stop or you can easily enter anorexia mode.

So it was ~33kg in ~8months made by counting calories and going to swim around 3 times per week. My sence of hunger was broken even 1 year after i stopped the diet. I basically had to lelearn how to eat, what is normal portion and so on.

As to what to eat, eat what you like the most. The hunger will teach you what is worth and what is not. I cutted all sodas, all sugar, doughnuts, chocolade, chips. What i find was the best for me was super fat foods. Chicken, pork, peanutes, cheese, ham, basically the more fat in it, the bette it felt eating. Also had only two big food per day in morning and at dinner. Going to sleep hungry was also gruesome.

Good luck!
>>
Most people I know lost weight and kept it off managed to because the cause of weight loss was some form of traumatic event where they were more or less forced to restrict their eating out of survival. A common one is surgery, usually the ol' pulling out the wisdom tooth. I personally got sent to a vegan gaslighting camp but that's neither here nor there.

Whatever the case, generally the eating habits change has to last for at least 6 months (ideally permanently) if you want to see lasting changes. You can't stop dieting and revert back to your normal stuff, you have to permanently change the way you eat and expect to eat that way for the rest of your life, no matter how ridiculous the diet plan you are following is - low FODMAPS, mediterranean, raw vegan, paleo, it doesn't really matter.

Honestly? If you try to lose weight the /fit/ way, you will find that in the end you've gained weight, and also gained in clothes size (Muscle is heavier than fat, and forms *under* the fat layer). Your body also has a pre-defined idea of the "correct" size and shape, and will do everything in its power to return to it. The /fit/ version is ridiculously expensive when you think about it.
>>
>>18516472
>muscle wont let you fit in new clothes
>being a fatty is less expensive than being fit
>>
>>18516432
I really wish I knew my firend
>>18516456
I wish I could cut out carbs (i have no probs cutting out sugar), but I feel dead if i don't have my daily intake of carbs
>>
>>18516470
That's admirable desu
>>
>>18516483
Being fat is less expensive than being thin, and being thin in the /fit/ sense is in no way relevant to physical fitness.

The poor slobber around in walmart clothing and forced to eat cheaper, filling junk food to return to their physically and mentally draining jobs, while the rich have a tan from travelling to some exotic location and engaging in light work that lets them totter around in a post juice-cleanse anaemic high.

Rich people afford gym memberships and expensive gym gear that better accommodates their needs. Poor people are too sore to even run around the block after a day's work bagging groceries and their $10 walmart joggers got a hole ripped through the sole after they stepped on a broken bottle anyway.
>>
>>18516492
Not really. But what sucks balls is how secret the knowledge about kcals are. When you type to google how to lose fat, almost 90% of it is marketting bulshit which only cost money and wont help at all. And all the ladies articles about
>cant lose weight?
When in reality all you need is to eat less.

And all the idiots about sport. They cant be more wrong even if they tried. Like
>just run more dude
Pure idiots. Overweight person running is oxymoron.

What would be cool if ANY OF MY PE CLASS TEACHER TOLD ME SOONER ABOUT HOW TO STOP BEING FAT.

The number of hours i was bullied at pe classes by dumb kids killed any interest in sport i could have. And the idiot teachers just though i need to run more. YOU CANT OUTRUN SHITTY DIET! You can easily eat TRIPLE the energy you need each day. Try to outrun that. Even professional athletes cant burn energy as fast as hungry kid showing food into his mouth.

I still feel like all these teachers failed me. When your family is fat, who else can set you straight? For me it was 4chan when i stumbled by accident to /fit/ board.
>i wonder if i would get rich if i stumbled to /biz instead :-)

>>18516495
Like this idiot. He cant be more wrong. Btw it is cheap to not being fat. I eat like twice less food than back then.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170322-174947.jpg (904KB, 1438x1425px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-174947.jpg
904KB, 1438x1425px
>>18516488
You don't have to cut out all carbs. The average carb intake is like 200+. You could limit yourself to 100 or less and you could still lose a good amount of weight. I personally do 50 carbs a day and I find it hard to actually reach 50 since i'm not that hungry anymore on lowcarb.
>>
ITT: retards

Eat better, exercise more, ask your doctor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.