[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two of my former best friends blocked me on Facebook. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: dirtaic.png (90KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dirtaic.png
90KB, 225x225px
Two of my former best friends blocked me on Facebook. I'll probably never see either of them again. How am I supposed to deal with this?
>>
>>18516170
Why did they block you?
>>
>>18516170
Get new best friends? Idk what is so hard about this
>>
>>18516182
I asked them both about a girl I have a thing for and they blocked me. I kind of sperged out on one of them.

I'm so worried she's has something to do with it.
>>
>>18516170

By being a man. Friends are easy to make.

>facebook drama

LOL
>>
>>18516198

That's pathetic. You gotta be like 17 or 18.
>>
>>18516203
I'm 21.
>>
>>18516204

That's sad man.

1. Talk to the girl yourself.
2. Don't involve your friends.

They probably like her too or something. And define "kind of sperged out".
>>
>>18516170
Gtfo fb
>>
>>18516170
D?
>>
Well, to begin with, it's time for you to give a serious introspective assessment on how your relationships with people stand and where you are currently in your social ecosystem.

These two people are supposedly your best friends, and they blocked you. They obviously do not see YOU as one of THEIR best friends. Maybe you were always the outlier in an otherwise closely knit pre-existing friendship group, and they needed any excuse to get rid of you.

Then comes what is appropriate to say to someone you consider a best friend. I don't know what you said about the girl. Maybe you insinuated that you would seriously harass, stalk or cause harm to the girl and they got freaked out. Maybe they are simply better friends or possibly even in a sexual relationship with the girl. Maybe they just got sick of you doing this day in day out, and you may have been doing this about every single girl that catches your fancy. Whatever the case, you now learn that there are limits to sharing your opinions and feelings to even "best friends".

Now that you have learned your lessons in that respect, the next thing for you to do is grieve, I guess. Just let you feel sad, angry, feel righteous frustration at how unjust the situation is (Maybe you've always noticed these "best friends" of yours were a bit hypocritical this way, but didn't care until their hypocrisy happened upon you). Arguably, this process should last say, 1 month to however many years you've known them or 1 week to however many months you've known them. If you've known them for mere weeks and you're calling them your best friends, we have deeper issues at hand here.

After going through and dealing with all of that, it's time for you to meet better or newer friends. Maybe this can be done through re-establishing relationships with people you've drifted apart before. Maybe this can be done through engaging in new hobbies and mingling in new groups.
>>
LET ME SLEEP SO MY TEETH WON'T GRIND
>>
>>18516249
Wow, can you give me some advice too?
>>
>>18516325
It depends. What advice do you need?
>>
>>18516340
Both of my parents are dead (drugs). I have no friends. I can't drive. I am an alcoholic. I work a dead end job.
I want to go to college, but all of the above prevents me from doing so. No money to my name; impossible to save any if i want to eat. I feel like I'm stuck in a never ending cycle of misery. I dug this hole, sure.
I should've tried for scholarships instead of giving up senior year.
Do I sound hopeless?
>>
>>18516359
Yes
>>
>>18516359
Well, do you have a GED or some other equivalent since giving up your senior year? Do you have something that you want to aim towards working in and want to learn about?

I think university is reaching a bit too far from your current situation. Maybe get your GED or high school diploma first (if they will let you back in high school to finish). Then see about what trade schools or community college is around.

Whatever you choose, you can't possibly think of completing tertiary education of ANY kind, even if it's a dinky community college kind, while you are an alcoholic. You'll have to get clean. It's dangerous to get clean on your own. Your options here probably strongly involve Finding Jesus (TM) because there are very few non-religious charitable institutions that work with rehabilitation. Depending on how fancy-schmancy the place is, you can even get your GED or start working on a degree as well!

Generally speaking, I believe the oft-advised route for people like you is "join the army reserves and have the army pay for your education and training, then figure out some bullshit method to not actually enter active service and instead be honourably discharged". This naturally comes with its own pitfalls. I also don't know whether you have any medical/health issues that would prevent you from joining the army reserves. I hear that the engineer corps and other such trade-related army reserves are better than rank and file soldier.

Another thing you can do, once you get your GED and get your ass clean, is wait until you are 30 years old and focus on doing other stuffs. Most colleges have a separate entrance scheme and entry requirements for "mature age students".
>>
>>18516368
To add on to this, depending on WHAT you want to do in life, you might not even have to or want to go to college at all. As an example, becoming a network/system administrator usually involved attaining private certification from certain industry-leading companies (CISCO, Microsoft, IBM et al). Becoming a bartender only takes something like 3-6 months of twice-a-week evening classes, and a lot of college dropouts choose this to basically qualify as a full time student for financial aid purposes.

One thing a lot of americans neglect is the police force. You can join the police force and eventually build yourself to becoming a police officer > detective > prosecutor > attorney-general.

Also, a job is only as dead-end as you want it to be. Do you work in fast food? Use your experience working in fast food to apply to a different or better chain, and then while you are there, learn new skills that you can bring into another, better place. A friend of mine worked at McDonald's. Then he used that experience to apply to be the clerk at a convenience store chain. Another friend of mine worked at some chocolate/coffee chain, Starbucks, I don't remember. All I know is she learned how to be a barista there, saved up money to get actual barista qualifications, then moved on to become a -real- barista at a higher end cafe/restaurant.
>>
>>18516368
Im not smart, but I did manage to graduate highschool with honors despite giving up during my final year. I worked hard because I wanted to be better than my parents. I kinda lost it for a few years when they died though.
They gave me a reason to be well adjusted, and without them I feel empty.
At this point I would love to join the Army. I have been admitted to psych wards 3 times in three years though. Is that option off the table? Currently I am working in a convenience store.
I just know I could have done more with my life. I was looking into fast track programs for phlebotomy, health records management, etc. Anything quick and easy. I feel I would be able to manage through those while drinking; transportation is my main issue. The nearest community college is about 30 minutes away.
Then I have been diagnosed with BPD. I try to think myself out of it all the time, but my moods fluctuate so drastically and so rapidly. Not in a bitchy kind of way though. More like my entire opinion of myself, my identity, my life, and my relationships will change on a daily basis. Its fucking rough.
Not trying to lay a sob story on you. Most of this is my fault. I just want to know what a truly rational person would do in my situation
>>
>>18516399
Never, EVER believe in the bullshit story of a "fast-track to your degree". It's like "pay your loans off faster if you sign up with us and pay us instead of your original loan facilitator".

No, no it doesn't work that way. The only way to fast-track any kind of degree is to enrol and take as many units of study per semester as you can.

Your medical records are yours only to be disclosed with your explicit permission, it will violate HIPAA and a whole bunch of other things, it's why potential employers send you off to medical exams and drug tests rather than calling up your medical records. Your alcoholism, nor your psychiatric issues, prohibit you from applying to the defence forces or the police force et al unless and until you decide to make it an issue. They always want fresh recruits and have a bit of a "don't ask don't tell" policy with these things anyway.

If you cannot manage your drinking, you can't manage full time study. It's a sad fact. Not to mention that mood stabilisers which you must have been prescribed would interact negatively with alcohol. Since you say that you still experience mood swings and emotional distress, I can only assume that you are not receiving follow up treatment, and part of it is the self-medicating with alcohol.

If you do not have the resolve and drive in getting treated for your mental health issues, trust me, all you will end up with your "degree" is a lot of student debt after dropping out.
>>
>>18516424
Allow me to clarify..
I would never fall for a fast track scheme, or anything "online university". When I said fast track I meant certificate programs at my community college that would take a year or so to complete. My bad.
I know enough people who have been ripped off by that sort of thing.
Or is it as useless coming from a place like that?
Yes I was on mood stabilizing drugs, and yes I drank with them. The drinking isnt the problem with getting them back. It is the fact that I have no health insurance. I drink every night, but I don't get sloshed. I can't drive so I don't..do that. I don't have friends or family to upset. I don't hurt myself or start fights with strangers. Sadly my alcoholism is the least of my worries right now.
I'm going to look into the Army though. I thought they had access to my health records. I need to see a different part of the world, or just die really. Thank you for talking me through this anon
>>
>Unironically listens to AiC
The only solution is for you to OD on heroin.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.