[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some background: Just bought a house on a private road. My property

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1456128963150.gif (632KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1456128963150.gif
632KB, 440x247px
Some background:

Just bought a house on a private road. My property line extends to the middle of the road in front of my house.

There is a lean on it. But the only people it applies to are city and utility employees and other people who live on this street.

Lately the renters across the street, who live across from my private road have been parking in front of my house. I have asked them to stop once before, and they did.

But tonight after I got off work, one of them was parked not just in front of my house, but where I park my car everyday. So I'm really pissed.

It's late and I figure they're asleep. So I decide to be cheeky. I use my 2 cars and I parked them in. I figure this way if they want to use it they will be forced to talk to me about moving my cars first.

Before, I asked them nicely not to park in front of my car. I feel like this will give me a good starting position to the confrontation. I plan to say they are basically trespassing on my property and if they don't stop parking in front of my house I will have their cars towed at their expense.

Legally, the law is on my side. And I'm sick of their barely running junker being parked in front of my house.

I don't care if family or friends park in front of my house for an evening for a holiday or party. That's totally understandable to me as that's just neighborly. But they started parking in front of my house for 2 weeks in a row before I asked them to stop the first time.

And yesterday there were 3 cars parked out there all night. And tonight was just the last straw.

So I guess, I want to know what you would do in this position? Am I doing the right thing or the immature thing? I really feel like they are crossing a line (literally and figuratively: my property lines), and I don't want to be a pushover on my own property I paid for.
>>
>>18516094
Its not a lean, its an easement. If you really want to destroy your relationship with your neighbors, contact a local towing company and contract with them to tow unauthorized vehicles from your property. You'll likely need to post the company's contact info and rates.
>>
>>18516105
That said, make damn sure you have the right to tow the renters. Theres a very real chance that a renter across the street is covered by the easement. Speak to an attorney if you don't want to get absolutely buttfucked.
>>
>>18516094
I would have just borrowed a tractor, and dragged it into their yard.
>>
>>18516105
yes, an easement that's what I meant. thank you.

And it was pretty clear when we bought the house. Only residents of my street or their guests,can drive over or park on the road. And city and utility and emergency people too.

I don't mind ruining the relationship because they are the worst neighbors in the place. As renters they don't care about the neighborhood. They blast bass beats at 2 am, they leave their trashcans out and they park in front of other people's places all the time.

They parked in front of my house for 2 weeks without even introducing themselves to me. They never parked in front of it when the original owner was living there.

Maybe I will contact a small lawyer. I don't want to. But they are parking on my property. Which extends to the middle of the road.
>>
File: backhoe.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
backhoe.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>18516094
If you own the road, then just use a backhoe. Pic related.
>>
>>18516131
It's not dirt.
But that's awesome.

>>18516121
Don't own a tractor.
Thought about doing that with one of my cars, but parking them in was easier.
>>
>>18516094
It is ALWAYS the immature thing to try petty revenge.

First of all, I doubt very much that your property rights extend to the publicly-used road, even if your property line technically does. If others are allowed to drive on it, they almost certainly have the right to park on it.

But why bother us with this? Check first with the relevant city/county department as to what the law actually is.
>>
>>18516130

>Only residents of my street or their guests,can drive over or park on the road. And city and utility and emergency people too.

Sounds like they're in the clear. That's a shitty agreement you have and I would have never agreed to something like that. Honestly, I wouldn't have even purchased that property without also being able to purchase the house agree the street and evicting the tenants, even if they ended up being nice people.

Also, $10 says they didn't act like a bunch of coons around the previous owner was due to the previous owner threatening to shoot the SOB's. Sit on the porch with a shotgun one evening. It'll send the message. You sound like a bit of a clean cut city person and aren't really familiar with how things work on private road (what I'm assuming is rural) areas.

BTW: You aren't being 'cheeky', you're being stupid. If they blast music and live like trash, they're not going to give two shits about your two vehicles parked next to their scrap of shit. I bet they hit your doors with their doors and cause damage to your cars because you wanted to be passive aggressive about shit.

IMO: Neighbors like you are the worst. Grow some balls.
>>
>>18516150
I tried calling to see what my options were.

>"If they parked on your property, you can pay to have it towed."

Again, private road. Not public road. There are 6 houses whose property lines meet in the middle of the road. 2 of them are empty.

Also, it wasn't revenge. I want them to be forced to come to me to talk. I don't want to chase them down. I don't plan on keeping them trapped for days or w/e.

I don't know why they didn't park in front of one of those.
>>
>>18516156
>People who keep to themselves and ask for their neighbors to respect your wishes are the worst.

I would think the "coons" you mentioned would be worse.
>>
>>18516150

1. Note how he says it's a "private road". This would be a road not maintained by the county and is owned by the property owner, thus in his case property rights WOULD extend to the road. For example, let's say I owned 20 acres of land. Street --- My Land --- Street. If I decide to grade and run gravel/pavement through my land to connect the two streets so I can move around easier, that's my fucking road, not the fucking county's.

The people are allowed to drive on it because they maintain residence on the road. What I'm assuming is that the land was originally owned by one family and it's been split up over the years and these family agreements never considered that one day non-related people might be living on different lots. Though it's a really stupid agreement and as I said in my other post, I would have never purchased a property with that configuration. It causes problems (as OP is learning). If you can't annex/purchase everything, you go elsewhere unless you can get the property dirt cheap, then you rent it out to some equally as trashy people and wash your hands of it.

Though OP should have surveyors come out to do a proper land assessment. I have a property where half of the neighbor's driveway is on my land, but he has 40+ acres and I have 20+ acres and nobody gives a shit because we're civilized white people. But if it becomes an issue in the future, I already have an agreement drawn out to exchange land for land. Simple ways of doing things if you're not autistic.
>>
>>18516160

They're not trapped. They will crawl through the trunk, slam their door into the side of your car, etc to get into their car. Your little blocking maneuver is laughable and will more likely result in a brick through the window instead of a "conversation". They don't want to talk to you, that's clear, so don't force the issue. These people understand force so you need to be forceful.

>>18516162

Coons are simple people. They understand force. They'll act out of line until you put the hammer down, and then they're your best friend because they know the alternative isn't preferable. OP meanwhile is nitpicking about shit that he should have been concerned with before purchasing the property. Just because 'x' never happened with the previous owner doesn't mean it can't be an issue.

If he really wants to be an asshole, he needs to take a bobcat and dig a massive trench on the edge of his property line (once a surveyor has confirmed it) and then make him a separate roadway path. There, problem solved. Takes one afternoon to do it. They ain't going to be parking over a 6-10ft hole.
>>
>>18516166
Since you seem to be pretty knowledgable I'll give you a basic rundown of the neighborhood:

>Average age is about 55
>Average price range is around 250-500k
>Very small Northern Californian town
>92.0% white

It's basically an old, conservative family neighborhood that grew older. Lots of newer families are buying properties. So far, everyone who's bought a house is awesome. We're all on great terms.

But these renters across the street live in the most run down property. They are rude. They blast music late into the night. They are rude to everyone. Even each other.

They're the kind of person that throws their trash (cig butts, candy wrappers, soda bottles) in peoples yards as they walk past. One of the families is okay. Trashy but trying to get by. It's the other tenant who is a washed up musician. Has shifty people over all the time.

He's definitely not the worst neighbor I've ever had. I mean, I've had worse when I was a college student. But they just don't give a shit I guess.
>>
>>18516202

>California

Oh, you're fucked LOL. California has some of the worst laws, and they're especially bad when it comes to renter's protection (in favor of the renters). If I were you, I'd try to sell that house and recoup your money or purchase the property adjacent to your house. I had no idea you're in CA ... that just made your shit a lot harder to deal with.

FWIW, do a property search (CA should have a website for it, if not go down to the county office and look at the public records) and see who owns that property. I bet he's Jewish or Chinese. Common tactic to rent a house in a neighborhood like that to shitty tenants to drive down property values. Wouldn't be too surprised if the landlord encouraged the renters to do it to piss you off, hoping that you'll become fed up and sell your house at a decent loss. Property investor can keep them in that property until you and the other people sell, then he can usher those people out, rehab that property, and then sell everything at a massive profit.

You should also cuss out your realtor for allowing you to purchase such a property.
>>
File: 2016 Election.png (168KB, 415x975px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Election.png
168KB, 415x975px
>>18516217
Not really. The property is shooting up in value right now due to the currency inflation from min wage increases. It's going to continue until it hits 15/hour and then it will stagnate.

Plus every listing sold in this neighborhood in the last year has sold at or more then asking price. They don't last.

Right now, it's a good investment.

>tfw live in red county but it doesn't matter

Jefferson when?
>>
>>18516217

Also thinking: and this is not something I'd do because I personally can't stand them, but you could go the HOA route.

If you got most of the neighbors to agree, form a HOA and then you could penalize the landlord until he cleaned that shit up. That's why many affluent (white) communities have HOA's, and that would really be suited for a private road like you have to share.

Consult with some of the families in the area, and if enough of you have this shared problem, it might be worth visiting a lawyer and having him draft something up. There's a process for starting a HOA and it's different in each state, but a lawyer can help you. Does have the advantage of protecting your property values if you're willing to have tradeoffs; fees, can/can'ts of your own property, etc.

Or you can burn the neighbor's house down and make it look like an accident. That's the 4chan approved answer.
>>
>>18516238

Might be a good investment, but if this continues to be a problem it can go downhill quickly. What you really need is that house across the street to be rehab'd and sold to a nice white family. That would probably increase your property value 10-25%. However, the current occupants are going to gradually decrease value and it'll become an issue eventually.

You could consider regrading the street, but that's going to cost you a bunch of money. Basically put the road completely on your land and then force the other property to have their own driveway off of the main road. But that job will probably cost you 5-10k and that's if the landlord doesn't get a lawyer out there to be a pain in your ass. Lots of regulations in CA.

I live in GA, so basically all I have to do is go outside with a gun and show my white ass. You can't do that.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.