[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't think I've ever been this mad >College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: B2111333.png (67KB, 699x1236px) Image search: [Google]
B2111333.png
67KB, 699x1236px
I don't think I've ever been this mad

>College is looking for some help
>Needs a group of people to fix up small park
>The group that does it will get recommendation from the dean
>Gather small group of what I thought were friends
>8 of us in total
>No one is willing to chip in for supplies
>But they're all willing to work as much as needed
>End up paying for everything
>Supplies and the rented workshop on campus
>We're almost finished
>Just have a door and some benches to paint and sand
>I'm at town hall trying to get my last bit of paperwork done
>Mainly just stuff saying we're okay to start replacing/scrapping things
>Finish the paperwork and head back to the workshop
>No one is there and the door is wide open
>Spend the rest of the night sanding and polishing the rest of the stuff
>Check Facebook
>"Can't believe we got interviewed!"
>Find out they were interviewed without me
>Didn't even attempt to contact me

Here's my conversation with a friend I've known for almost 8 years, I'm insanely hurt and insanely pissed off, where do I go from here?
>>
>>18514937
I would at the very least take some time off from these friends, at least the guy you're texting who is clearly not taking you seriously.

I wouldn't take them not paying as a sign that they're douchebags though. They probably thought giving you their time was favor enough. It kind of sucks, but some people are cheap and if they don't work, they may not have had the money anyway.

Maybe explore other options and reconnect if you feel like it down the road. If your friendship matters to you, this won't seem like a big deal then. If he was a disposable friend, better to find out now anyway.
>>
>>18514937
If it were me, I wouldn't care how close I was to them, none of them would be my friends from this point on.

People fucking suck ass m8, even friends, and will generally do the wrong thing.
>>
Can you think of any reason why they might specifically not call you? Are you usually the butt of the jokes?
>>
What a bunch of cunts.

Drop those fuckers like the plague.
>>
>>18514937
The guy seems to not care at all. Were they using you?
>>
>>18514937

1. The fact that you're fixing up these small parts for recognition makes you look like a cunt. You don't do things like this "for attention" and as far as I'm concerned, you're just as bad as your cunt friends. You shouldn't be mad that you didn't get attention; you should be happy that you improved your community, except you don't actually care about the community but your own image/"branding" since all of you young fuckers think you are cool and important enough to have your own brands and shit.
2. You never fund shit like this in the way you did. Government grants and programs exist for the very purpose of fixing up small parks.
3. In the event that you do want to fund it to boost your own ego, you negotiate prior to starting work. The park renamed in your name, the ability to put your name on new equipment/seating/etc, so fourth. Maybe a plaque that says "Donated by YOUR NAME". You contact news outlets prior to doing things, you orchestrate everything through you. You control the narrative, not your "friends".

Also you're a pushover and your friends know this, and you're an idiot pussy for letting them do this to you. Get your shit together or you're going to get run the fuck over throughout your life.

TL;DR - You deserve it, faggot.
>>
>>18515168
This. They were dicks, but so are you. Your heart was not in the right place at all.
>>
>>18514937

I have such a hard time believing this is real.
>>
>>18515188

I don't. Leave it to a group of college kids to do some good in the community only to argue about who gets credit.

That old fart or the little girl that plays in the park tomorrow, a year from now, 10 years from now isn't going to give a fuck about who sanded the benches or any of that other shit. OP probably just wanted something good to put on his Tinder profile to convince women that he's a really good guy and that they should let him fornicate them.
>>
>>18514937

You need to be the creator of your own destiny. You need to see all possible angles. You need to know to be in the right place at the right time. This is effective strategy.

Put it simple, you were lazy for not being at the right place at the right time.

Why couldn't you get someone else to do the paper work? Obviously you had to know a reporter was going to be there at some time.

Find an issue in the story. Call the reporter and tell them who you are and that you needed to correct a few things. Ask to arrange an interview to set the record straight.

If you're going to learn to play the game, actually play it. Don't half ass it, m8.

More importantly, you'll still get the reccomendation from the Dean, right? That article doesn't matter. You have the story and the reccomendation at the end of the day.

>>18515168

While you're right, what is wrong with branding? We're in a time where success is more available than ever if you know what you're doing. Networking has never been easier. Fabricating an image has never been easier. Teddy Roosevelt, Ernest Hemingway, and Mark Twain all fabricated their persona. Why can't we? Contrary to your miserable opinion, we ARE, in face, all special snow flakes.

And who cares what the reason is? You at the end of the day, all we have to focus on is our own futures. God forbid one of us "young" people better our futures.
>>
>>18515197

>That old fart or the little girl that plays in the park tomorrow, a year from now, 10 years from now isn't going to give a fuck about who sanded the benches or any of that other shit.

I don't think anyone at any point gave a fuck who sanded the benches.

>Leave it to a group of college kids to do some good in the community only to argue about who gets credit.

That isn't what this argument is about. I think you know that. Whats up buddy, you ok? You seem oddly angry about this.
>>
Well with those texts, contact somebody. I'm sure there's someone who will want to write about how those people screwed you over. I see stuff on facebook posted like that all the time, perfect clickbait. Not even joking

>Anon spent $2000 fixing up park- AND YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HIS FRIENDS DID!

Or move on and have nothing to do with them.
>>
>>18515200

Not everyone can be a leader. Society functions because there are enough subservient lemmings to do the necessary work. When you mess with this natural order of things and encourage everyone to be a special snowflake, society collapses. It isn't currently a major problem in the United States but the rich Arab states are having a huge issue with this (Dubai, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc). The Arabs all think they're special as the black gold under their feet and they refuse to regular work, so they import a bunch of Africans and Filipinos to do the work for them. Not everyone can be famous. Conceited narcissism will be the downfall of the Western World, just as it was the downfall of the old society in the 1920's.

>>18515210

That is what the argument is about. OP is mad that he didn't get "credit" for a community service project. He's mad because his "business partners" pulled a Jew maneuver over on him. He should be happy that some little girl is going to get to enjoy a better park because of the work he put in.

And yea, I'm a little angry. I do volunteer work. I've built houses for Habitat for Humanity, traveled overseas and modernized entire rural communities, worked 16-20 hour days after Katrina trying to help restore electricity to people while moon crickets in the Ninth Ward shot at us and tried looting everything in sight. But you won't see a single picture on Facebook or Instagram about it because bragging doesn't get the job done any better. He did this great thing for the community and he's PISSED because he didn't get recognition. Notice on the texts how he's more upset that he wasn't informed about the interview than about the other people not doing the work. They stole his thunder, and that makes him mad. He saw this entire scheme as an investment to boost himself.

This world doesn't need more selfish children. So yea, it irked me a little.
>>
>>18514937
That's your stupod prize OP.
>>
>>18514937
You need new friends.
>>
>>18515267
Wow he did something for the sole purpose of his own benefit.

Get off your high horse man. Every act of hard work doesn't need to be selfless or charitable. He deserves to be pissed for getting backstabbed.
>>
>>18515448
>>18514937
Fuck those guys and do something else. Your first red flag should have been no one was willing to chip in.
>>
>>18515461
>>18514937
I mean it. What they did was not okay and you shouldn't take it. Everyone saying
>oh it's your fault fuck you
Fuck that. You trusted them and they screwed you out of the opportunity you worked hard for. Legitimately walk away from these pieces of shit.

>>18515267
And you. You want this guy to let people like these walk all over him over shit like that? You're worse than them. Using your experiences as leverage for your high ground. I thank you for your service, but with all due respect don't give him shit for doing honest work for honest return.
>>
>>18514937
A gun, because you should kill them all. Awaken your inner Elliot Roger and kill them all!
>>
1. Your friend is a level 10 dick.
2. Just contact the guy who made the report and let him know your role in the work.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.