[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Working retail >Clean everything >Waiting for customers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1145.gif (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.gif
12KB, 400x400px
>Working retail
>Clean everything
>Waiting for customers
>Sitting down looking at phone
>Boss says, "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean."

how tf do I look busy when it's slow as shit?

The next few days, we are working on inventory, so I'll be busy. But when that's done, what should I be doing?
>>
There's one episode of Seinfeld where George has a similar problem. He realises then that he has to try to look angry and it will seem like he's busy. Act like you are doing stuff and like you are angry maybe.
Although of course, at the end of the episode it all backfires and hilarity ensues.
>>
>>18513418
Its called fucking the dog first you start cleaning then take a step back and slow down make your cleaning take longer when no ones looking thats when you fuck around on your phone n junk when boss comes around just look like your cleaning shit
>>
>>18513418
At work if I want to look busy I'll just look at the clipboard, furrow my brow and move my finger like I'm reading shit. Usually works.
>>
You grab a rag and wipe it around, even if everything's perfectly clean.
Just look busy dammit.
Don't fucking sit down on the job.
And stay off you're dam phone.
>>
Look at phone when boss isn't looking

Not that complicated
>>
>>18513418
Same issue
>at meeting boss insistent that no phone use is allowed
>said we can call him out if we see him use his phone since he will do the same thing to us
>over course of two months called him out four times
>gets mad everytime and tries to come up with the excuse that he is the boss so it doesnt matter
>remind him of meeting and what he said there in front of everybody
>idc if u use ur phone to check on the time but the boss was texting ppl
>i had one of those black and green blockphones from 1998 where it is too much effort to text people
>cuz of this he couldnt call me out
>he was pissed and started to critique me in front of customers
>customers noticed and complained to corporate about him
>a month after customers complain to his face AND corporate over being a dick to underpaid min wage worker he was gone
>remember last day at the store he was playing cool with me "yeah anon let me see that phone man. Show me it, its ok"
>bitch i got work to do. Aint no time to play on the phone but i can show ya later off the clock
>feels great mane, he was an asshole but in the end karma came in more than one way
>he had this motorbike and was speeding after his last day at the store and tried doing a wheelie or some shit and broke his leg
>>
>>18513418
I've been working retail for about a month now.
I've always been a great employee, work my ass off and dont leave my load for others.

Realized that I will never, ever be done. As in, its not like finish X task. There is always something to do. If I'm not doing important things like unpacking or backstocking, I'm separating pins from sensors or cleaning out a little corner.

I've become much more relaxed. Idk where you live but if you look around, no one is working hard. I see people cutting up boxes, start talking to a co worker about the weekend, and they just stand holding the box for 5 minutes. Its atrocious, but I'm not killing myself for this job.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.