[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >5'10" >317lbs >get no exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 528.jpg (18KB, 499x283px) Image search: [Google]
528.jpg
18KB, 499x283px
>be me
>5'10"
>317lbs
>get no exercise other than doing basic thing in a store i work at
If I started doing 50 jumping jacks a night, would it make an actual difference?
>>
>>18512611
>would it make an actual difference?
Alone? Probably not. If you made improvements to your diet alongside it? Probably a small effect.

If you want to get down to a healthy weight, you're going to have to do a LOT more than a little bit of exercise.
>>
>>18512611

depends on what you mean by 'actual difference'. have you been 317 for a while, or are you steadily going up? if going up it would probably barely slow it down.

according to google "200-pound person will burn about 6.8 calories per minute" doing jumping jacks. considering your weight I imagine 50 jumping jacks would take you only two minutes, maybe three. so you'd burn at max 21 calories. not a lot.

do you drink a soda every day? cut that out and you'll lose about 180 calories. way easier than those jumping jacks and much better results.

instead of chicken alfredo with a pound of chicken and a cup of noodles (over 1100 calories) just use a cup of greenbeans with some alfredo sauce (300 calories).

find replacements and just let your self have only one normal meal a day. the rest you do these healthy replacements.
>>
>>18512617
>>18512615
around this time last summer, I was about 250. About 2 months ago I was 300 exact.
During my junior year of highschool(3 years ago) I did low carb and went from 285 to 235, but the second I stopped low carb, I shot back up.

As for cutting out soda, what would be a suitable replacement? I have a huge sweet tooth(no pun intended i guess) and have been drinking mainly sparkling water and diet sodas
>>
>>18512633

>what would be a suitable replacement

water. the whole point is the no calories. you can look into 'no calorie sweeteners' but if you want to live a healthy life style water is the greatest thing you will ever have. i dont udnerstand how people can drink other beverages wtihout feeling dehydrated.

>BUT MUH SWEET TOOTH

trust me you'll get over it, and your non-sweet teeth will stop rotting and thank you in the future. seriously how much soda do you drink a day? cuz even one can is too many. other than water you should only be having a soda/beer or something like twice a month.
>>
>>18512651
Alright, I'll start buying a gallon of water from now on whenever I'm thirsty at work instead of a soda.

I'll have to to research on calorie counting, although I'm sure it's as simple as read the numbers and do addition.

Should I try low carb one more time?
>>
>>18512665
Go to /fit/ and read the sticky, but only the sticky. The rest of the board is garbage.
>>
>>18512633
Holy cow, go to /trash/ and make a thread about this with pics. There are a whole lot of people on that board who have a weight gain fetish.
>>
>>18512688
uh, sorry senpai, not really looking to be anyone's fetish
>>
>>18512665
Low carb is more difficult because carbs feel filling. Well complex carbs do. Calculate your BMR and shave 500 off it. Every 3kg Lost recalculate your BMR. Alternatively hard limit to 1500 calories a day. You can have the food you love from time to time so long as you are willing to cut in room for it. You can technically lose weight eating only twinkies if you keep the calories low enough, you'd just feel like shit after.
>>
>>18512665

carbs tend to have a lot of calories so cutting them out is good, plus some science seems to suggest that carbs are used for energy first, so if you are eating carbs, those get used for energy instead of your fat, whereas if you cut the carbs it has no choice but to go to your fat.

all in all it cant hurt. not saying you need to remove all carbs, but if you're making say chicken alfredo, you might be wise to just eat it without noodles and maybe replace them with greenbeans.
>>
>>18512692
So in addition to being a fat pig you're also a selfish asshole, nice.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.