[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in desperate need of advice. Long story short, I am 25,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1445383748181.gif (420KB, 225x236px) Image search: [Google]
1445383748181.gif
420KB, 225x236px
I am in desperate need of advice.
Long story short, I am 25, disabled, have a 6th grade education (if even that), live with my probably abusive, irrresponsible, aging grandparents. I need my life saved, and I don't know what to do.

I was raised by my grandparents, and eventually they gave up home schooling me. I've never been taught any life skills, and I don't know how to take care of myself, either. I'm also disabled, sick, and physically weak to the point where I cannot even walk around the block. Every day I can get a little further, but it never gets easier.

Every day I deal with verbal abuse from my grandmother who seems to only be mentally conscious half the time, and my grandfater doesn't really care about my existence. Every day, they are gone for most of the day, even if they know I have a doctor's appointment, and I ask for them to come home, and I don't always get to attend my appointments. It's not like either of them work for a living.

What's worse, besides being a couple of pack rats who can't clean (Which, by the way, when I clean,they just refill the space with more junk), they are in severe debt. Recently they bought a 25k boat, they are planning on buying a camper, and there's another mortage taken out on the house. When asked if anything will be paid off, they shrug it off. They say either they will die or the bank will just repossess everything, which will leave us homeless, or maybe just leave all the debt to me.

How do I escape? I am useless, helpless, have no proper aid, and I am scared.
>>
Maybe stop wasting time on 4chan and being productive?
>>
>>18512450
How do I start? Again, I have no life skills.
>>
What country are you in? How are you disabled? Are you able to get social security for a disability? Are you able to study for a GED?
>>
They could reposses items in their name for debt, but their debt wouldn't transfer to you. It's important to check your credit, annual credit report, make sure loans aren't in your name.
>>
>>18512478
US. Autoimmune issues and spinal problems, gi issues.
I do, but it's a laughable sum, most of it goes to bills or family.
How does one study for a ged?
>>18512490
I'm not sure how to check my credit report, I'm sorta new to all this, I am kinda worried because I know I've received some letters from debt collectors due to medical bills but my family would take the letters and say they were handling them and I'd never hear anything else again, I asked recently if they were paid off, and got told no and that they don't remember what they did with the letters.
>>
A general education degree is the same as a high school degree. They usually have a study book at most libraries. Basic math, science, social studies. You should probably hang out at a library more, gets you away from the abuse. You can also talk to librarians and ask any question, just to talk and socialize, they usually have events and activities. You can check your credit report at annualcreditreport.com.
>>
>>18512548
I actually do have a library card that needs to be renewed but I never get to go because it's on the complete other side of town about 15 miles away.
>>
Do you have a bicycle? Is there public transportation? You should take out a state id also, collect important documents like social security card. Start saving money, open a bank/savings account.
>>
Try to obtain a credit card, even if you don't use it. If you use it for small things pay it off in full. Over time your credit score will increase. A good credit score is important.
>>
>>18512518
the easiest way would probably be to appeal for a social security raise and find somewhere to get an education online, there are plenty of jobs out there you can do from your home to earn money, you just need to learn how to do them. i'd definitely focus on math studies or try to make a living writing in that situation, but that's not a hopeless situation, it's just a really fucking shit one
>>
>>18512588
I do not, but even if I did, almost 100 degree weather keeps me kinda limited.
Not that I know of, unless you mean the small buses I see taking the elderly around town.
I have a state id but it's almost expired. I actually don't have a social security card, just my number. I can't open a savings account due to ssi
>>18512600
How do I do that?
>>
>>18512610
call up a credit card company and get one, (they make it really easy because if it wasn't the idiots who get in debt to them wouldn't be able to get in debt to them.) just be frugal about it and try to keep your purchases on it small just in case
>>
>>18512604
I applied for a raise 7 months ago and haven't heard anything since then, my local SS office is the hardest bunch of pricks I've ever dealt with outside my family, they literally try to do whatever they can to hinder the process at all turns.
Math was always my weakest subject, I legit only know 4th grade or lower math, I stopped at division and never went further than that.
The paradox is trying to work from home and keep social security which is hard since they put you under a assist limit.
What would you say is a good job to do from home?
>>18512613
I'll look into that, I'd just have to see if it caused any red flags with the ss guys, or if that counts as a assist or not. Does those amazon credit cards count?
>>
>>18512625
well the problem there is that they're used to people who just leech off the government because they can, you need to show them just how badly you have it without any room for doubt and only then can you get the raise you need, (how much money is it specifically right now? sorry the thought only just occured)

if math isn't your schtick you should look into things like *internal vomiting* graphic design(sorry it's just that fucking everyone goes into goddamn graphic design and you better be damn good at it if you want to make money), writing, being a professional artist for comissions, etc. there's a whole world out there OP, and more than half of it can be right on your computer screen, just look around and find something if none of that is your thing
>>
I would ask a librarian or bank teller about the savings account, i don't you're correct that getting social security insurance prevents you from opening a savings or checkings account. You can get a credit card from a bank, also a debit card. Physical banks will want to see your social security card, if your relatives have it you need to get the card in your possesion. If it was destroyed you can get a replacement from the social security administration. Online banks just need your number, like ally.com. Don't let your state id expire, it's easy to renew. If it expires it will be hassle to renew, needing more documents such as utility bills in your name, proof of address etc. Investigate public transportation, shuttles, taxis, uber, lyft in your town. Some places have volunteers that drive people to their appointments, ask your librarian.
>>
>>18512575
Take a bus
>>
>>18512636
Yeah, it really sucks that everybody sorta gets punished for the people that abuse the system, it's amazing how many things get randomly 'lost' when dealing with them though. Or have to be resubmitted.
I get around 400 or so. But most goes to bills. So what leftover I do have that I could save is very little.
I wouldn't mind being an artist I suppose, but that just takes a ton of effort and talent and there's so many people who already try to get as many commissions as possible, but I do see your point. I should have probably looked into that stuff years ago, but it's sorta hard trying to focus when most of the time the house is in an state of madness.
>>18512640
Thank you, that's actually a lot of good information. I know uber and lyft doesn't run in my town, as it's kind of rural, same reason we don't have like regular buses or anything, just those white small buses you see for like the hospital. I think you have to be in a wheelchair to ride those though.

alright guys, thanks for all the help so far, I'm going to bed, if this is still here tomorrow I'll reply to any and all questions or anything anybody would like. Feel free to ama
have a nice night anons and thank you
>>
>>18512728
stay strong man, if you work hard you'll still have this, definitely keep looking into online jobs and work on getting your GED at least. it's all about perseverance and being a stubborn cunt to the world itself until you get what you need to succed.
>>
>>18512418
Contact the local office of the charity dealing with your disability. They may have residential homes, schools etc you can move to
>>
>>18512738
Thank you, I've actually never thought about the GED stuff before now.
>>18513003
Yeah apparently there's some low income housing, but I'm not too sure about how it works, from what I've been told though, I think young single mothers take the top of the wait list though, or people with kids
>>
>>18512418
Where do you live?

If UK you can get a place from the housing exec. Tell them what's going on at home and about your disabilities to get further up the list.
>>
>>18513909
Disability will put you above any single mothers on the list. Abuse at home will also give you some extra points.
>>
>>18514073
US, so no UK for me.
>>18514088
That's a good point. A lot of this is super confusing to be honest, but it makes sense.
>>
Yo OP you could try freelance work as a programmer if you learn enough. You could totally do that from home, no real math skills needed
>>
>>18514174
How does one get into doing that?
>>
File: 1499839139430.jpg (22KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
1499839139430.jpg
22KB, 500x437px
Literally go online and contact social services for your state. You can meet with a case worker and they will help you get your life on track.
>>
>>18514211
More specifically call a social service/labor office for your county, explain that you were homeschooled by your grandparents up to the 6th grade and are currently 25 and you need help.

They will give you phone numbers or redirect you to people who can help you.

Seriously.
>>
>>18512518
You google GED and your local town or the next biggest one to you. From there you should find a phone number to get in touch with someone who teaches people in order to prepare them to get their GED. I met a girl who was home schooled but never got her GED and I helped her through this process. It's really easy to do. Also, contact your primary care provider (your doctor) and ask for a social worker. From there tell the social worker that you want to apply for section 8 housing because you are in a threatening environment. They will have you fill out a ton of paperwork and you might be bumped up the list if you can prove your home environment is bad. Start seeing a counselor (ask you primary care provider) because I'm assuming you have your grandparents insurance or state level insurance as people with disabilities and on SSI usually get it for free. If you don't have a primary care doctor then just google family doctor and your town, and get one then start from where I suggested. Best of luck, you can get out of this and be happy.
>>
>>18514292
Also, you can have a savings account with SSI you just can't keep over 2k dollars in it. Furthermore if you have state funded health insurance they will usually hire someone to give you rides to and from appointments for free. Like I said before, contact a social worker as they will have almost all the answers.
>>
>>18514211
>>18514232
My social anxiety sorta hinders this process a bit, I always feel too embarrassed or shamed to try to talk to people about it for fear of judgement, but yeah, a case worker would be best.
>>18514292
>>18514303
I've actually been taking those ged practice tests today due to advice from this thread, I've sorta gotten crappy scores though so far, but at least it motivated me enough to look into it, I honestly never thought much of the GED stuff until this thread. I always felt like it was too embarrassing to tell people I wasn't very educated, and I think my family thinks it reflects poorly on them too, so they never wanna discuss it.
I heard about section 8 housing before but every time I mentioned it my family always refuted it because they think it's a ridiculous idea and think I'd be in the slums or something, though I don't really care. It'd be better and more relaxing environment at least.
Do you think it would be a lot of paperwork? I don't write so well actually, or really at all. I can't spell well, or actually at all when I'm not in front of a computer or smart device with autocorrect, so it's why I always freak out when given paperwork, it takes me a long time to fill stuff out because my handwiritng is none existent and I constantly have to look up how to spell stuff. I also can't write cursive either to have a proper signature.
I do have their insurance but it's gonna be cut off when I turn 26. I do also have medicaid as well through the ssi but it's sorta really crappy and they never wanna pay for anything. And all the doctors or people who take it are outside of my town. I do have a primary doctor but my family is kinda friends with him and see him regularly too. So idk how he would respond to any of that.
And yeah, the 2k limit is what I was talking about, back when I got on ssi, I just opted for their direct express thing, which is fucking awful since I can't even make an account on the bank's website or call them
>>
If anybody was curious about the education I did have, it was one of those christian homeschool things, called ace I believe
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.