[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people that tell you their your friend face to face don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1393269766360.jpg (94KB, 593x885px) Image search: [Google]
1393269766360.jpg
94KB, 593x885px
Why do people that tell you their your friend face to face don't reply even once when you send them a text? I always respond to their first text at least so they know I got it.
>>
Your idea of what a friend entails is different than what other people think.
Once you see this, thats step 1.
Next step is to be ok with people not texting you back.
>>
>>18511800
So you're saying I expect too much from people?
>>
>>18511807
Yeah :/ unfortunately, the life of no expectation is dull, but its up to you to choose between dull and painful.
>>
>>18511819
Basically you should only be there when its convenient for them?
>>
>>18511837
You be there for them when you feel like it. If it happens to be when its convenient to them then so be it, just dont pay anything nonevermind unless it comes from you. Follow your gut.
>>
>>18511791

I'm going through this right now in fact, except I'm on the other side of the stick (I'm the friend that doesn't reply I mean).

The reasons I don't reply is because a.) The friend is too needy/clingy, and I would like some time away from you (I see you NEARLY every week), b.) I just don't have time to talk, c.) basically what >>18511819 said or d.) I don't like you

It varies from friend to friend really. I'm a bad person, I know, so I'm sorry for that
>>
>>18511903
Agh! I wrote the wrong number, I was meant to write >>18511807
>>
You need to find social activities that force you to be around other people. If you feel you already have this then you need to find new social activities. Youre clingy because you do not have real friends and your passion to have a close friend is what drives you to message a lot and wait for a reply. Go outside your comfort zone in a social setting and try to meet new people. Wear something interesting and spark up conversation with people who do the same even if they walk away. Youre stuck in an awful spot but you can recovery. As for the friend, loose the number; if they were your friend they would notice your cries for help and at least explain themselves. Good luck!
>>
>>18511903
If you acted the same way and got their help if you were clingy, but refused to offer the same help then I would argue you are a horrible person. But from your story that doesn't seem to be the case so not sure about bad person part. Though people who act like you tend to be shitty friends imo, because you are only friends when your friends don't need shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.