[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I go to uni and spend the rest of my life in debt or not go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Do I go to uni and spend the rest of my life in debt or not go and spend the rest of my life feeling insecure about my intelligence?
>>
Something I'm realizing is that it is entirely possible to learn anything you want, at any level you want for free online.

If you wouldnt do it for free you wouldnt do it if you spent 100k on uni.

Follow your passion and life will fall around you.
>>
>>18511698
You won't go into life threatening debt if you go to CC for your first two years and transfer to a state school. Apply for scholarships (I was a shit student and still got free money) and you can come out with even less debt or even none at all. I graduated with only $20k in the hole and had a job starting out at $50k.

So in summary choose a marketable degree and don't go to pointless expensive out of state schools. Otherwise pick up a trade, manual labor sucks though, been there done that.
>>
Try community college first. Try and figure out what you'd like to do. You'll also be surrounded by other people working for their futures and you'll have plenty of people to turn to for references/advice/questions. It's extremely cheap, you can transfer to pretty much any school, and you get 2 years to buffer before going to a 4 year if that's what you want. You even get an associate's degree to help you get into an internship/entry-level position.
>>
>>18511764
Also, the only people who "go into debt for life" from college are people who chose an unmarketable degree that is niche or a dime a dozen, went out of state to a private school, and didn't network and get internships in their chosen field.

Even if they have $100k, that's not life threatening. It's shitty as fuck but they signed the loans. Poor kids. Don't do the above and you'll be fine.
>>
>>18511709
This is pretty bad advice, if you want to learn something at least buy some good textbooks on it. Free online courses are only decent up to pre-calc.
>>
>>18511698
>implying getting a degree is a certificate of intelligence.
>>
Spend the money you'd spend on uni on books.

Problem solved
>>
>>18511698
>Do I go to uni and spend the rest of my life in debt
This isn't an issue if you get a marketable degree and get paid. Go to a CC for the first two years, then an in-state uni

>insecure about intelligence
Lots of stupid people go to college. Lots of smart people don't. Going to college is just a means to an end, a path in life you can take if you want. Figure it out
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.