[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A really good friend / coworker (we don't work together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sadrobot.jpg (101KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sadrobot.jpg
101KB, 1440x1080px
A really good friend / coworker (we don't work together directly anymore but for the same company) and I have been going through a rough time (he's been going through a rough time with his girlfriend and was taking it out on me) and we agreed not to talk for a while. I was optimistic that we'd be friends again soon, but I saw on the job postings at work that he's moving 1000 miles away.

What should I do about this? i'm worried that if I contact him, he'll lash out at me again, but I'm also really hurt he didn't give me a heads up. I don't want to let the friendship just die and never see him again, but is that the best course of action?
>>
Anyone? Has anyone had someone you were really close to just disappear on you?
>>
Tell him how you feel.

>inb4 some reason why you can't

Do yourself a favor and rid yourself of this future regret while you have the chance. Worst case scenario you clear up what you needed to and he moves 1000 miles away.
>>
>>18511697
Eh, at one point a month or two ago, I texted him because I wanted to ask an unimportant question thinking it was no big deal (we had texted a couple of times before) and he freaked the fuck out about how we agreed not to speak for a while (I had thought we just weren't going to hang out for a while...didn't think texting would be a big deal especially since we had had a few text conversations since). I told him to calm the fuck down and I wouldn't text him anymore.

I'm really confused by his behavior and it's made me kind of afraid to contact him again. His girlfriend is bipolar and has apparently been having lots of episodes lately.

Sucks because we have been friends for 10 years.
>>
guy sounds like he's bipolar himself. and also a cunt, and there's no cure for that.

good riddance.
>>
>>18511736

Yeah, it's like he's a different person now. I had kind of gotten to the point of "good riddance" myself but the job posting thing really hurt. We had been roommates for 5 years before he moved in with his girlfriend and we have moved around the country together ourselves. It kind of blew me away that he didn't give me a heads up.
>>
>>18511746
shit happens, people grow apart, nothing to be done. it takes two to tango, your bromance is over and he's chosen crazy.

good riddance, make new friends.
>>
>>18511755
You are probably right.

Thanks.
>>
>>18511724
Ah i see now.

Hmm either youre really clingy and he feels suffocated
Or
Hes going through shit and isnt thinking about his actions
Or
He has some disability
>>
>>18511761
Yeah, it's totally possible I come across as clingy to him.

I don't think I would be clingy by most people's standards (before we agreed to take a break from each other so he could deal with his shit and stop picking fights with me, we were talking maybe once every 1-3 months), but neither of us are really social.

Anyway, I'm going to take anon's advice and let the friendship die for now. If I still want to be friends in 6 months, maybe I'll contact him again and ask him how his city is doing, and if he freaks out again, well at least I know that's definitely on him and not me being an autist.
>>
>>18511724
>His girlfriend is bipolar and has apparently been having lots of episodes lately.
Maybe she's freaking out over him talking to other people besides her. So, his freaking the fuck out is coming from a place of fear of how she would react.

The man needs help.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.