[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does being fat make you stronger? My brother was always a gentle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1487019028091.jpg (156KB, 550x776px) Image search: [Google]
1487019028091.jpg
156KB, 550x776px
Does being fat make you stronger?

My brother was always a gentle guy and didn't partake too much in sports. He's a good deal overweight, although he's been doing light strength training for some months.

Details aside, he punched someone in the gut and the guy let out a bloodcurdling cry. He doubled over in pain and was out of the fight.

I was pretty surprised because he was never much of a fighter. He's 6'1 and 250 lbs. Is there some secret in fat?
>>
>>18511024
Stronger? Absolutely not.

Able to cause more harm, certainly.

All about inertia. Think of a paper ball vs a baseball thrown at you 50mph. More mass means the baseball will have a higher inertia thus a greater force when it hits you compared to the paper one

In general because the fat person moves more weight for a punch, then inertia will be higher thus the force will be greater on whatever it hits (assuming he can punch)
>>
>>18511024
No, being fat does not make you stronger. The reason he made that guy keel over is because of the strength of the punches which comes from his height and weight. It's the reason why boxers have weight classes.
>>
>>18511024
Fat literally acts as cushion when you get hit by something in a padded area. That's its only benefit in a fighting situation. As the prior anon has stated, however, it doesn't really make you stronger. You'll get slightly stronger, as much as is required to require your additional bodyweight and no more, it isn't significant enough to benefit you. Your brother most likely got likely and hit his opponent in a weak area: The diaphragm, the kidneys, or anywhere his unique connective tissue dictates there's tension. I have a bizarre muscular and skeletal system as a result of a congenital defect. It's a hindrance overall, but I have no pressure points and no muscular weaknesses. You could crush the inside surface of my elbow and I wouldn't feel it, whereas other people would experience intense pain.
>>
>>18511064
>blah blah blah humblebrag blah blah blah I'm secretly an X-Men that can't experience pain

Shut the fuck up faggot no one cares.
>>
>>18511024
no being fat makes you fat.
>>
>>18511358
Not that guy, but it's a thing, and it has a pretty high mortality rate.
>>
>>18511024
The size of your fist and velocity of the mass is what is effecting the force. Overall the weight and speed does influence it. Consider if you took a string and put it around a marble. If you held it had head height and let it go to let it swing like a pendulum it's wouldn't hurt anyone.

However if you did this with a bowling ball it would kill someone.
>>
Fat is pretty underrated.

I mean if you can find the perfect balance between fat and muscle, you become a literal tank, like a sumo wrestler or an offensive lineman, those guys are walking death machines
>>
Being fat doesn't make you strong, no.

However, being fat can augment existing strength by a lot. You won't see the benefit in weightlifting until the higher margins, but in a fight, weight and the momentum behind it is a powerful fucking force.

Hooking someone in the gut doesn't involve much weight behind it, though, the guy was probably just a pussy. I've had so many people talk shit, only to crumple after getting hit once. I'm not even much stronger than your average Joe. The internet has bred a generation of men who don't understand when to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>18511706
>blah blah blah I'm such a tough guy blah blah blah keyboard warrior pussy

You'd get slapped right in your shit and wouldn't do anything about it pussy, calm all that tough talk down moist faggot.
>>
>>18511958
Lol who bullied you?
>>
>>18511024

It's called fat strength,

You aren't strong per se. But you need to be a bit stronger than normal so you can support yourself.

The guy he punched was probably just a little bitch.
>>
>>18511024
First, 6'1, 250 isn't terribly fat. It's clearly fat, but depending on his build, it's not that bad.

Second, think of it this way: Even if your brother is carrying around 50 pounds of extra weight, that leaves him with 200 lbs of non fat. That's still more muscle than some punk bitch that weighs 150 lbs.
>>
>>18511358
This is the funniest shit I've seen in a long time. Thank you.
>>
>you know it's summer when a bunch of fat fucks and tough talking milquetoasts talk shit on the internet.
>>
>>18511024
No, but here's the actual 3 reasons that people believe this myth:

1. Fat people's legs are generally muscular by necessity, and most people lift with their legs primarily.

2. In a fight, mass is mass. If you can throw a punch and 60lbs of blubber connects with a guy's face, it will do the same amount of damage as 60lbs of muscle

3. When you're looking to build muscle, the body also builds fat. You have to eat a lot to build muscle, as well as lift, and that creates both muscle and fat. That's why powerlifters very often show off a bit of a gut.
>>
>>18512627
you also know it's summer when the full tards come in from middle school and talk about how weight doesn't matter in a fight
>>
>>18512627
Lol, but that doesn't count you, right?
>>
>>18513342
neither fat nor a milquetoast and while I'm all in favour of robust debate, I fail to see point of trash talking on an anonymous mongolian pastaboard.

Not afraid of getting physical irl, although I believe in reason and peace.

also not a summer fag.

Et tu, anon?
>>
>>18513351
>what's the point of trash talking
I dunno nigger, you're the one doing it
>>
>>18513357
oh, which one are you then - the fatty or the milquetoast? that makes sense.

have fun in your poo-slinging match, I'm having too much fun over at /pol/.
>out
>>
>>18513365
>Start flinging shit
>Get called out on it
>"I-I didn't care anyway!"
Stay there
>>
>>18513385
how is it trash talking since you're obviously either fat or a sop being so triggered and all, and the truth ain't trash by definition.
>>
>>18511024
>Does being fat make you stronger?
It proabbly makes you build a little more muscle because you have to move all that lard around all the time.
That said he probably just hit a weak spot.
>>
>>18513393
>>18513393
Lol, have I even made a response that was more than a sentence? Your standards for ebin trolling are pretty much nill, aren't they? I thigh you were going back to your containment board, underage.

For what it's worth, I can lift more than your two dad's combined,
>>
Not exactly. A punch is made of:
>Mass + velocity + height (Taller guys punch harder because they aim lower hence gravity is on their side)

Fat guys are indeed strong punchers, but that's because of their mass, not because they are "strong" per se.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.