[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im married with a 16yo daughter from a prior relationship. Daughter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1495775178578.jpg (41KB, 480x418px) Image search: [Google]
1495775178578.jpg
41KB, 480x418px
Im married with a 16yo daughter from a prior relationship. Daughter lives with me. We are going through all the typical teenager vs stepmom drama. My daughter is visiting her mother who lives 3 hours away. She called and said that she wants to move in with her mom and not come home at the end of summer. My ex is threatening court.

Any advice on what to say to my kid to get her to stay?
>>
Bump because i want advice
>>
Do whats best for your daughter obviously.
>>
She's 16 thats old enough to decide which parent she wants to live with and you're obviously not providing a happy environment for her.
>>
>>18510291
Ok got it. But what do i say to change her mind?
>>
Leave your current girlfriend / wife. That's the only way.

My dad got a girlfriend and I fucking hated it. I've yet to meet her and NEVER will.
>>
File: 1498865222970.jpg (73KB, 586x557px) Image search: [Google]
1498865222970.jpg
73KB, 586x557px
>>18510295
How is that obvious? You show me a happy teenager. Name one happy teenager thats not independently wealthy.
>>
>>18510320
Damn you're really that selfish of a parent huh?
Also how are you the age of a father with a teenage girl and you're posting sad Pepes?
>>
>>18510320
What's more important? 30 minutes of sex or your daughters childhood, self confidence and opinion of you?

Leave that woman
>>
>>18510224
She's probably trying to play the parental favorites game.
Every teen of divorce I knew did it.
Your options are to let her go and not play the game, or bribe her into coming back.

Personally, I would just let her go. Let mom have full custody and if you're really confident your home is much better than mom's, she'll eventually realize it's a shit show and want to come back.

At this age though, you can't really rationalize with them. Theres nothing you really can say to convince her. All you can tell her is that you'll support her decision no matter what and tell her how much you'll miss her and hope she'll still come visit you often.
Besides, she's old enough that provided you and your ex both have functioning homes and she's not like, an ex druggie living in the ghetto, the judge will take her opinion and desires to heart.

Only thing that might save you is if she has to change schools to live with her mom. Most judges won't change custody like that no matter what the bratty teen wants because they aren't mature enough to realize how changing schools abruptly like that will affect their futures and education.

Or at least, this is what my father has told me about divorce cases back when he was a divorce lawyer for about 5-6 years.
>>
Two things:
1) yes, teenage girls are bratty and play sides. At sixteen, its best to just be supportive of her decisions
2) my dad divorced when I was 15. I couldn't stand his gf and it's 15 years later and she won't marry him and uses him for his money. He would be better off had he listened to me and looked for someone else. Honestly, daughters and fathers have a strong bond and as 16yo we can sniff out beezies in a moment. She probably has some good reasons for not liking your girlfriend.
>>
>>18510224
>typical teenager vs stepmom drama

moor info pleez.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.