[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just got interviewed for a promotion I don't even want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1337305422510.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1337305422510.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>just got interviewed for a promotion I don't even want anymore
>pretty sure I got it
how the fuck do I back out of this one?
>>
You're fucked. If you're actually good, and you are (as it seems), showing lack of "oohh, it's so great to be here!" will not be good for your future. Yeah... Sucks ass, but you better just brace the future and get used to it. Why don't you want it though?
>>
>>18510015
There was another employee who I thought was more qualified since I've only been working here for a month and they want to promote me to manager at some retail store.
It's an overnight manager position and it just seems like they get shit on by the morning manager for not getting shit done when there is almost no room for improvement besides firing the deadbeats and hiring competent people. I was interested in the position when I first started but now I don't care anymore. I'm working until I go back to school which would probably be in January. I don't really care for the job and it's really just a means to get money desu.
Manager said she was going to give me a call later today to "talk about pay" which most likely means I got the position. Don't know what to say to her when she calls though.

I genuinely thought the other employee was going to get the job and I'm pissed she didn't
>>
>>18510049
If you don't care, why care? It only seems you don't like the change. Well, no better thing than to suck it up.
>>
>>18510069
If I don't care about the job why should I be promoted to be burdened with more responsibility? I got this job really so I can coast and make some money, it's a temporary thing.
I'm completely fine with the position I have now and I feel taking the promotion would bring in more stress than it's worth.
Plus I have chronic depression and there are just some days where I'm completely suicidal and can't even be bothered to come into work. So to have that big responsibility on my shoulders would drive me insane if I was in a bad place.
>>
Don't worry about it, that pay bump will make it better. I feel you on this one OP, just learn to find the little things that make your job bearable and stick with it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.