[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to lose weight I'm 170cm and 60/61 kg, I have some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 20170711_165834.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_165834.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
I want to lose weight

I'm 170cm and 60/61 kg, I have some fat in the stomach and chest region and nowere else tried to exercise and it didn't work tried diet and didn't work at this point I don't know what to do
>>
Learn to love your body as it is. You're at a completely healthy weight.
>>
>>18507653
But that's 130 lbs. That's a little under what you should be at 170. Are you male or female?
>>
>>18507687
Male
>>
What does tried mean?
Most people who say they tried exercising and it did not work only did it for a week or something.
Dieting and exercising sometimes takes months to show results. Stop being a fatass and never stop exercising.
>>
>>18507702
Went to the gym 3 times per week for 7 months and followed a diet for 5 months
>>
>>18507693
it's definitely under. You shouldn't be worrying about it but either way, just keep working out
>>
>>18507714
That is weird as hell.
Do you drink a lot of alcohol?
>>
>>18507653
You don't really need to diet, your weight is just right (actually, you're rather light). Just make a workout plan that adjusts to your possibilities and keep to it.
>>
>>18507737
No i dont drink/do drugs/smoke at all
>>
>>18507653
>tried to exercise and it didn't work tried diet and didn't work
that's because you have to do both.

>>18507693
you're under weight by like 20 lbs. here's some important tips that sound counter intuitive.

if you're working out 3 times a week and actually working out, you need to be eating probably more calories than you are or your body will just slow your metabolism and get really efficient at using energy and still store fat. also, you need to eat enough protein to be building muscle while you work out. more muscle=more calories burned throughout the day even at rest=more fat burned.

do more weight lifting than cardio. I can run for an almost continuous 20 minutes starting at an 8 minute mile pace and ending at 5.5 minute mile pace and only burn like a third of my total workout calories. seriously, running doesn't do shit but get your heart rate up and prep you for really doing work. 100 and some odd calories at a pace most people don't touch is not effective for weight loss.

I eat like 3200-3500 calories a day and I work out 5+ times a week for at least an hour. I'm taking in about 1.5 grams of protein for each pound of my weight a day. I can tell you personally that this regimen works if you are actually busting ass in the gym.

what is your workout regimen like? what exercises are you doing? do you stick mainly to machines? how many sets of how many reps of how many different exercises are you doing per muscle or muscle group?
>>
>>18507653
Dieting sets your body into starvation mode where it tries to save calories.
Eating a 2500 calorie a day balanced diet is best and you should talk to your doctor about what is good for you.

Going to the gym to lift and "work out" buffs you but it doesn't burn enough calories for some people

If you walked 4 to 6 miles a day, every single day (except one day a week for rest), just by walking your body would be forced to lose weight until you hit your optimal weight if you are on a 2500 calorie diet.

I see so much confusion with this stuff when seriously, to be fit it is as simple as walking / jogging / running every day of at the very least 4 miles and eating right. Best of luck.
>>
>>18507737
>That is weird as hell.
no it's not
>what is your workout regimen like? what exercises are you doing? do you stick mainly to machines? how many sets of how many reps of how many different exercises are you doing per muscle or muscle group?
these questions I think will give us a clear picture of the problem.
>>
>>18507776
Also, you will lose from 1 to 1 & 1/2 pounds of fat a week by doing this but you will also be gaining muscle mass. It won't seem like much progress at first but if you keep up with it (I started at the very start of January and haven't stopped) months down the road you will be like holy crap, i lost 30 pounds.
>>
I feel ya anon, I've been losing weight for years and the little extra bits of flab on my thighs and gut just will never budge. Even after dropping over 80lbs, not a single bit moved out of the thigh area.

Since it is impossible to spot reduce, and if you're underweight as is, you might consider the plastic surgery option.
I don't think you can do it on the chest, but you might look into coolsculpting for the gut. It's super cheap as far as cosmetic surgeries go, and it's not even really a "surgery", non invasive, takes a couple hours.
It's not meant to remove tons on fat, but shape it up a bit more. You will not see drastic changes, but a moderate change. This is what I'm planning for my thighs once I lose about 20 more lbs if it's still an issue, which I highly doubt it won't be.
>>
>>18507776
Cardio will make you lose weight but it will be a mix of water, fat, and muscle. You have to lift to maintain muscle and force your body to take what you're putting in and put it toward muscle growth while burning fat. Thinking cardio will make you lean is the biggest reason for people failing at their goals
>>
>>18507776
This is a good plan to maintain muscle while burning fat.
>>
>>18508168
If you are also lifting so that those calories go to maintaining muscle while your cardio targets burning only fat.

Ftfm
>>
>>18507653
You don't look very fat. Post pic standing on all fours.
>>
>>18507776
>Dieting sets your body into starvation mode where it tries to save calories.
This is BULLSHIT

I can't believe I have to reply to this "Health at any size" total garbage.
Here's how your body works.
Step 1 is carbs aka sugars. Your body can break them down and use them right away.
If you want to lose weight, don't eat many of them. Because then your body won't need to go to Step 2.
Step 2 is proteins in your gut. They're like sugars, but harder to break up. So it goes for them and spends the extra effort to make them into useable parts.
Step 3 is fats in your gut. They're harder to break up but they also have a lot more oomph. A little bit of eaten fat can go a long way.

Step 4 is the part you go to when you want to lose weight. After the three other macros are broken down and consumed, nothing happens for a while.
Your stomach is emptied and contracts, making you feel hunger again. But if you wait even further, you realize that you stop feeling hunger.
This is the most important phase. This is when your body goes "Welp, nothing new coming in, let's break into our reserves".
That's when the fat cells are tapped and you begin to dig into your stored energy reserves.
That's what fat is. Food for when you don't have food.

There is no such thing as "starvation mode" when you start to turn more food into fat.
"Starvation mode" is when you turn fat into energy because you aren't eating any.

If you want to lose weight, don't worry so hard about doing exercise. A single cookie can exceed an hour of exercise. You see the difference?
Eating contributes far more calories than exercise can feasibly burn off.

Stop. Eating. Or at least eat very low calorie dense food, like buckets of celery. If you think that's gross, then your problem isn't that you like food, it's that you like tasting sweet things. And that's just weakness.

Also, you're underweight. Start weight lifting. Eat more.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.