[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job advice plz? I'm looking for a job right now, hopefully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 20160402_205240.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160402_205240.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Job advice plz?

I'm looking for a job right now, hopefully a career, and I'd just like your guys' opinions on what jobs to look at. I've got a BS in theatre and right now I'm looking primarily at becoming an apprentice electrician, but I also wonder what other options there are. What kinds of jobs have y'all had? Pros/cons? I guess I just want a bunch of opinions on different fields of work, so really anything you have to say about a certain job, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
>>
>>18505562
>but I also wonder what other options there are
As in other trades?
>>
>>18505598
Other jobs, whatever is out there. Anything from painting boats to building washing machines to proofreading comic books.

The things I value most at this point are 1. is the job at least somewhat enjoyable, 2. what's the potential for vertical movement. Of course good starting pay would be nice, but I guess I'm looking for something I can do for the next 40 years and climb the ladder in.
>>
garbage man
>>
>>18505649
don't you talk to me like that
>>
>>18505562
Can you guys help me too? Cant create my own thread right now so im on this one. Im an electrician and construction worker and i cant find work AT ALL, but I've got a really stupid idea to get a job. Want to here it?
>>
>>18505680
Tell us nigga
>>
>>18505681
Ok my cousin works for this company and they know me but wont hire me (3 months now and nothing). But what if i just go with my cousin one day and simply watch them work. Im always there, always talking to people, always making my presence known, but i never get in the way. Then when bosses aren't looking, i randomly help with something from time to time.
>>
>>18505700
I'd ask before you just show up, but if they say it's cool, yeah, watch and learn. That'll show them you give a shit. But jesus christ please don't be weird or stupid about it. I knew this guy who was a new hire out of college, and he asked the most retarded questions and had the dumbest ideas. Yeah, there's no such thing as a stupid question, but there is, and asking those will make the foreman hate you.

Alternatively, move to a place where they need construction and electrical help, or get a different job. Seems a little more straightforward than hoping senpai bossman notices you, which, honestly, sounds a little anime-tier from your post.
>>
>>18505700
I simply sit across the street in plain view while they work, and during their breaks i run over and introduce myself to everyone >>18505713
>>
>>18505718
what the fuck man that's weird
>>
>>18505713
Dont have the means to move, and im only talking about doing this every so often with them because im doing shit similar to this with everyone all over town. I get shit to do every now and then but its always very small temporary stuff. And no, no other types of work. This is the only thing im good at and it makes me happy.
>>
>>18505734
Maybe get a shitty job just for a few months while you save some dollars to move?
>>
>>18505742
Fuck it, why not. Im honestly on the verge of a nervous break down at this point.
>>
>>18505745
Got any relatives or close friends you could borrow a grand from? I know not a lot of people have this luxury, but back when I hydroplaned my car into a ditch, I asked my dad for a 4 grand loan to get a new car since I didn't have much in savings at that point. Took me a year and a half to pay off, but it's loads better than not having a car for several months or getting a bank loan or some shit.

Really, assuming you have a car, I think you just need ~3 grand saved to move to a new place without too much stress. 500 to actually get there, 1 grand for getting an apartment/essentials, another for an extra month while you look for a job, and the last 500 as a cushion in case you can't find work for a bit. Really you could do it with prolly 1500, but that would be real shitty and stressful for a couple months.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.