[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22 and for about 3 years I've lived a very sedentary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: R14kkDj.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
R14kkDj.png
13KB, 657x527px
I'm 22 and for about 3 years I've lived a very sedentary life with a terrible diet. My health has recently gone to absolute shit. I have aches and pains all over my body, my blood pressure is a bit high according to my doctor and I've developed panic and anxiety disorders out of all of this.

On the one hand I feel like 22 is young enough to turn it around and become healthy again, but at the same time I feel like I've done irreversible damage. I know what I have to do, I'm not gonna ask for diet or excersise advice. But has anyone on here ever done something similar? I feel like I need to have a radical lifestyle change but stress and lack of lasting motivation are holding me back
>>
I've started working out frequently and eating better, and it's definitely a big change from the usual lazy cunt i am, but its a good change anon, go for it
>>
>>18505322
Radical lifestyle changes are bullshit unless you want to completely surrender control of your life to someone else. In which case, join a branch of the military. I recommend the Marines (assuming you live in the States) if you want to spend as little time as possible off-duty back in your old life.

However, more realistically, if you want your quality of life to improve, focus on what you can accomplish each day. Even if it's to go for a simple walk once-a-day or go to the gym three times a weak.

Outside of exercise, you can always try more cerebral goals like reading more and learning a language. Point is, if you try to change your routine too much in a short time from a sudden surge of inspiration, you'll only burn yourself out faster and you'll feel like a failure for making so little progress in so short a time. So, by the same logic, if you pace yourself with your goal, taking the time to think of how you're going to go about it, you'll feel more motivated to keep going whenever you meet your goal and, when you think you're ready to take on more responsibility, update your plan.

TLDR; If you want to be more competent in a short time, join the military. If you want to feel better about yourself in the long-run, baby steps.
>>
File: bill.png (456KB, 655x491px) Image search: [Google]
bill.png
456KB, 655x491px
Get on /fit/, start reading lots of health material and actually start.

Don't even worry about other people. Just consider what you're doing for yourself. I'm losing weight AGAIN after losing 40 lbs and then gaining a bunch if back after a bout of depression. Do I hate myself for letting that happen? Sure I do, but that's not going to make the fat covering my otherwise decent face go away.

Just start and don't be worried if you slip up. As long as you slap some sense into yourself and get back on track you'll be fine.
>>
this is some nice advice
>>
>>18505322
>irreversible damage.
Ask your doctor if its irreversible, thinking its irreversible without a medical opinion it's the worse you could do.
>>
Nice wholesome advice guys
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.