[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NON JEWS: I want to create an "I am Jewish ask me anything"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

NON JEWS: I want to create an "I am Jewish ask me anything" youtube channel. I feel like it is a super old religion where most Jewish people only mingle within groups of each other for fear of antisemitic attacks. I know there are reasonable people out there who are just uneducated and I want to create something lasting more than just a thread. What do you guys think? What questions do you have that you would like answers to?

( I expect trolls)
>>
>>18505147

How much is Israel paying you for this PR?
>>
>>18505150
I just want to shed light on some religious customs and things that might seem weird to gentiles.
>>
If people really cared enough to ask I am sure they would just head over to their local synagogue or use google.

Your youtube channel will literally only be trolls.
>>
>>18505162
I think there are some questions that they are too embarrassed to ask and youtube is so accessible. Nobody wants to read 9 paragraphs about a 2000-year-old tradition. I think I could really modernize it and make it relatable to an audience.
>>
>>18505147
Why do Jews have 90% of media jobs when they're only a small percentage of the population? And do they never use this fact to push pro-Jewish propaganda?
>>
Do you label yourself as Jew with an ethnic or a religious connotation or both?

(In terms of ethnic) At what point do you label yourself as Jewish? Like if your great grandparent migrated from Israel? Or would that make you an Israeli?

I hear the term Jew a lot (referring to business people and celebrities) but what does it mean when the label is used...
>>
>>18505147
Well, nobody knew they wanted chunky pasta sauce until somebody made it. If you're really prepared to deal with the trolls you can give it a shot.

Just don't start "letting people ask you questions" because that way nobody will ever ask. Make some informative videos, and then, when you start to get an audience, let them ask you stuff.
>>
>>18505147
Not even a jew, but I can see one major issue already:
One person can not reasonably represent an entire humongous group of people. Especially a group consisting of many sub-groups, all of those sub-groups consisting of unique and different individuals.

You may be a Jew, but you're not every-Jew. To believe so would be ignorant.
For anyone to expect you to actually represent all Jews would also be ignorant, but that's what the YouTube crowd is. Ignorant. You'll only be feeding into the idiocy on the internet that all Jews are the same people and have the same ideas.

It's a bad idea.
>>
>>18505177
Just to get a sense I am a female Ashkenazi (European) Reform, Jew in my 20's.

Actually, you have touched on something that is not commonly known by most Gentiles. That is using the term "Jew" can be considered derogatory if you are not Jewish. Historically the term "Jew" has been used in an offensive manner and some Jews are sensitive and prefer when discussing Jewish people you say "Jewish" or "Jewish people" It seems silly and so insignificant but this is the kind of stuff you would only know if you knew a Jewish person. I think this is the kind of weird stuff I want to educate people about.
>>
>>18505197
I agree, my intent was never to represent an entire group of people but give some foundation for some things and discuss how they can differ.
>>
>>18505200
>girl
that explains a lot about this post

also, jew.
>>
>>18505204
In that case, maybe it's not such a bad idea.
As long as you make it clear that there are other Jewish people that are not like you, and that you're giving people information about your own personal Jewish experience, it could be a cool idea.

But like you said, expect trolls. But I guess trolls cannot be dispelled without education, right? And I guess this would be a start to education.

Maybe it's a cool idea, actually. Good luck, if you do end up going forward with it.
>>
>>18505176
They don't
>>
>>18505200
Do you have sexual fantasies about being dommed by a Nazi officer?
>>
>>18505215
Thanks! I appreciate it!
>>
>>18505200
How massive a slut are you?
>>
>>18505197
Yeah have to agree with this, Judaism is such a splintered religion that there's an old joke "ask three Jews the same question and you'll get five different answers"
>>
>>18505222
No, but I do know it is a real thing! There are many weird psychological things that came from survivors of the Holocaust.
>>
>>18505222
>222
She will now
>>
File: ShowImage.ashx.jpg (102KB, 898x628px) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.ashx.jpg
102KB, 898x628px
>>18505220
oh, thanks for that explanation
>>
>>18505226
Very true! This idea came to me when I was reading the comment section on a news article and people were being antisemitic without realizing it. I think there is a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of Jewish people are too busy being angry to stop and educate people who have no idea.
>>
>>18505236
>people were being antisemitic without realizing it
omg guuurl u hav so much to giv them and the wrld!
>>
I know jews being cheap and liars is true but is there really a jewish conspiracy?
>>
>>18505246
Jewish nepotism is a very real thing. Jews hire other Jews. They stick together and are a tight-knit community. Has that ever progressed to conspiracy level? I'd be shocked if it hasn't.
>>
>>18505240

I owe so much to my community. I think we are always the weird ones out and most Jewish people are not inclusive to outsiders and I want to change that.
>>
>>18505251

This is a very real thing. Jews have been kicked out of 109 different countries since 250 AD. Jewish people have always felt like the outsider in many communities and often will keep to themselves and try and thrive where they are living. A lot of people don't know that during the Holocaust Jews in the middle east were fine and with the creation of Israel, it created a schism. Even today, Israelis won't mingle with Jews because they still feel disconnected to even the American Jewish community. It is really an attitude that has formed over thousands of years.
>>
>>18505200
Riveting, simply riveting. I'll make you a deal: I'll get my friends to stop calling you "Jews" if you stop calling us "gentiles."

No, seriously. It's obnoxious. Words meaning "member of the outgroup" always, always have a slightly demeaning tint to them, whether or not you mean them that way.

No? I thought not.
>>
>>18505232

This is my favorite one because if Jewish people really controlled the media, don't you think we'd be doing a better job at it?
>>
>>18505274
>Jews have been kicked out of 109 different countries since 250 AD.
>jews get kicked out wherever they go, throughout history
really gets the noggin' joggin'
>>
>>18505283
you guys are doing a pretty damn good job. people still buy the 6 million number and absolutely CANNOT say otherwise if they don't. jews have EVERY sympathy and speaking negatively of a jew hurts you way more than speaking negatively of any other race in society. in what way are you failing, exactly?
>>
>>18505282
I don't mind being called a Jew but I get the point you are trying to make. I am not the voice of Non-Jews so I would never try to invalidate your feelings. noted. I appreciate the feedback!
>>
>>18505282
>>18505282
>>18505282
this dude has a fucking point
>goyim
>gentiles

Yeah
these are not okay

>>18505291
>he's a holocaust denier
>he thinks anything he has to say is worth reading
>>
>>18505294
I'm not denying the holocaust. What I'm denying is that SIX MILLION jews died in it. Eli Wiesel himself admitted he had lied about the details. And it's 100% true that more non-jews died than jews in the concentration camps, but you won't hear any jew talk about that.
>>
>>18505291
To be frank the Holocaust was a big deal but it wasn't like it was the first time Jewish people have been targeted. It was just kind of when Jewish people were like "enough is enough" but I do find it annoying that it is becoming our legacy. I hate whenever something terrible happens peoples go to is always comparing it to the holocaust, like slavery? I don't want to become the one group known for that thing. It is shitty but we have vowed to never forget and don't want anything like that to ever happen again. I know a lot of Jewish people didn't want the Muslim ban for this reason. We have remembrance day every year for the ones who have died. There is a line and I can see how people push it overboard. Also, a lot of the people who were in the Holocaust have passed down their stories first hand and I think that adds to the drama.
>>
>>18505147
>most Jewish people only mingle within groups of each other for fear of antisemitic attacks
Do you live in the fucking middle east?
>>
>>18505315
Not OP but I live in Toronto and that's pretty much what goes on here.

I don't know why they do it, but if it's not school or business, they only deal with/hang out with their own kind.
>>
>>18505288

Historically Jewish people have been very liberal and often cultures would want them to convert not only their religious beliefs but their cultural customs. You actually have a big Jewish population in Mexico City, Mexico because of them fleeing Spain.
>>
>>18505320
That's so strange. I'm in Las Vegas and the Jews don't seem any more cliquey than any other religious group. I have plenty of Jewish friends, all the Jewish kids I knew in school were dispersed through the various social circles and not concentrated together, and Jews even visit my church regularly just for the hell of it.
>>
>>18505323
I mean, yeah, a country should be a cultural melding of people, not separate, distinct groups. The jews have always refused to integrate into any culture, and that's basically why everyone hates them. I'm glad they finally have their own containment zone in the Middle East, but most of them won't go there.
>>
>>18505328

It can vary depending on the strength of the Jewish community. A lot of Jewish kids did go to the same Jewish day school and know each other through someone because we are not that large of a group of people.
>>
>>18505328
>Vegas
Not exactly your normal, average, predictable place.
>>
>>18505336
You'd be surprised, the SW suburbs are regularly ranked as some of the safest communities in the US.
The strip and north Vegas are fucking crazy though.
>>
>>18505331
Okay, let's not be dishonest, here. Yes, Jews often have historically failed to integrate, and yes, that's one of the reasons people dislike them - nobody likes an exclusionary group holding themselves apart and putting their own interests above the rest of the nation - but it hasn't exactly been one-sided. Non-Jews have often been complicit in the Jews' failure to integrate, sometimes with deliberate policies making it nigh-impossible for them to do so.
>>
>>18505331
Well, we are talking about violent tactics to get them to change. I think a lot of Jewish people are always on defense and I think if we all showed a little love it would be okay. Therefore I want to reach out!

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback. I appreciate it so much! I really do. I feel like this only proves there is a lot to inform people about! OP out!
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.