[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I work as a Software Engineer in Switzerland, I have 3 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (18KB, 324x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18KB, 324x400px
So I work as a Software Engineer in Switzerland, I have 3 years of experience. So, statistically I'm on a rather "junior" level, but I would say that I absolutely outperform everyone on my level.

Right now, I'm on a 93 k wage, until a week ago, I was on 87 k.

I have one coworker which has 6 years of experience and my same education. He was on 89 k and has been upped to 101 k.

The point is, that we are in the same team, we deliver the same amount of code and quality and I feel like by giving him so much more increase than me, the management is underestimating my work.

I am aware that with my level of experience, no-one else is probably going to pay me much more. Since a few days, I've been rather unmotivated because we have been put apart on the wage scale so much, while delivering the same.

I talked to my girlfriend, and her reaction was just happy about my increase, she didn't see the point. My father also only pointed out that I now make more than him and that I shouldn't be that butthurt.

I don't know how to properly bring it up to the management and I don't know if I'm maybe complaining too much or exagerating, but my personal point of view is: "if have the same performance, we should be more or less paid the same". And we went from a 2k difference, to a 8 k difference.

What should I do?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>18503245
I should move to Switzerland
>>
Don't do anything. You're forgetting that experience isn't just a measure of skill, it's a measure of responsibility and CONSISTENCY working in a team. As someone who has to appreciate math, given your profession, I'm sure you can respect that (if I were to use a video game as an analogy), that someone having a 5:0 KDA being 100-20 is more consistent than someone with a KDA of 5-1.

It's not anything personal, you just need to realize that businesses, even from an operational expenditure aspect, have no incentive to give people people with your amount of experience the same wage as someone who has been in the field for 10 years because of things outside of just raw skill they can contribute to the company.
>>
start programming in dogo until they pay you more
>>
How are you even allowed to know who gets what salary. Seems like a recipe to disaster for me.
>>
>>18503617
>How are you even allowed to know who gets what salary. Seems like a recipe to disaster for me.
We decided to openly talk about it in our scrum team during last negotiations, so that everyone can calibrate his expectations
>>
>>18503245
>93k a year, good enough money for anyone to be very comfortable
>Person makes only 8k more - been there 3 years more

Eat a piece of humble pie, continue good work and be deligent. You're doing better than so many people in this world it's ridiculous. No one likes an angry jerk because you aren't making quite as much without as much experience. Humble yourself op.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.