[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that so many people consider a reasonable and decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1495396700486.png (1MB, 1781x946px) Image search: [Google]
1495396700486.png
1MB, 1781x946px
Why is it that so many people consider a reasonable and decent person to be equal to some sorta PC-culture-pushing SJW nowadays? And how do I learn to deal with this? Just ignore it? Perhaps try to convince people otherwise?
>>
>>18502504
Most people don't think like this over a certain age, learn to avoid the ones that do. Trying to convince someone against their beliefs often make their convictions stronger

Just don't worry about it too much, you can't do anything about it so just do you, who gives a shit what other people think.
>>
>>18502504
What are you talking about? Unless you're preachy like SJWs are, no one cares.
>>
What would you consider a "reasonable and decent person"?
>>
>>18502504
>a reasonable and decent person
Doesn't everyone consider themselves to be that?
>>
>>18502504
Because "reasonable and decent" is subjective. What you might consider to be decent could be way over the top to someone else. For example, many of my SJW friends get mad at me when it comes to my opinions on trans people. They can do whatever they want with their bodies but I don't agree with what they're doing. Does that make me a bad person? To some people, yes. To others, no.

Tldr grow up and accept that people won't always agree with you on your views even if you think they're "reasonable"
>>
>>18502527
>>18502531
Live and let live, not always trying to find a scapegoat/believing that those who don't agree with you must be against you, having a fair bit of empathy, patience, some level of forgiveness for when someone makes a mistake, that kind of stuff.

I dunno, I just see quite a few people going around talking shit and spreading hate everywhere they go, doesn't matter if it's over the internet or in the real world, and many of these people seem to think that if you aren't as hateful as they are then you must believe in hugboxes and safe-spaces and all that. Doesn't make much sense to me in all honesty.
>>
>>18502546
You have a good point, but I wasn't trying to insinuate that my beliefs are the only right ones, far from it. I was more refering to being able to see and make a case for both sides of a viewpoint when I said reasonable, as in even if you don't agree with the other guy you could get where they are coming from, in a way. In my experience most people don't do this.
>>
>>18502553
I see what you mean. Sadly it's just the result of people being slow and mentally retarded. I have no use for most people.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.