[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over and identify mental barriers? A lot of things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: mind-games1.jpg (73KB, 906x457px) Image search: [Google]
mind-games1.jpg
73KB, 906x457px
How do you get over and identify mental barriers? A lot of things I set myself to doing like working out, driving to improve my organization, or improving myself in a game I play on a competitive level feels really hard to do.

It's not so much the physical strain or monotony I think that holds me back, also the disappointment from where I stand in comparison to others is only a passing hindrance for me.

I think there are some mental pitfalls I can't overcome. Aside from my own inconsistency, I just find it really difficult to meaningful absorb what I learn about each of these area and using it to improve myself in these ways.

Any suggestions?
>>
File: doh josuke.jpg (21KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
doh josuke.jpg
21KB, 268x268px
Well, when I first started working out, I felt I had a "mental barrier".
"This is so hard, i can't go on", it was mentally exhausting. "Look at him, it looks easy when he does that".
So what I did, in order to go beyond the "this is so hard i can't go on", is to train harder until I break. I never broke. I just went on harder and harder, and suddenly it became easier. Even fun.
And the "he makes it seem easy" - you just gotta train 'till you do that too.

You just have to continue, despite your doubt and barrier. You have to go against your instincts, head first into the wall.
>>
>>18502498
Thanks anon, I had a feeling thats all there was to it. It would've sucked following that thought for it to not be true.

What about the bit about absorbing information better? I find it pretty hard to really take in new information very quick. Anyone got any suggestions on that?
>>
Well for me I find it easiser to do things and larn things if I have a goal.

For instance: I need money.
So to get money, I have to fill out app's and work my ass off to do so. I did not start off movtavated to do it, I just fill out one app and waited a week, and the next week I did two. I had such a sence of accomplishment that doing it now is exciting
>>
>>18502562
About absorbing information - I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you mean literal learning? Do you mean learning from doing something?
Either way - The best way to learn is with a friend who can explain shit to you.
>>
>>18502485
I found that the best way to overcome something you can't really get past isn't to just "hop" over the barrier so to speak, but rather chip at it everyday similar to >>18502607 is saying.

For one, it will be much easier to handle mentally. Also eventually you will get hooked into the habit of doing it, and soon you can't even imagine yourself not doing it.
For example, saying you wanted to start working out but the idea of exhausting yourself an hour a day is preventing yourself making that first step. Try walking the long way around things first, do some push ups and stretches in the morning. If you really do want to feel better, you will naturally take on more and more exercise and be on the level of others before you know it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.