[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to say a few words to my boss that might likely make things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0699.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0699.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I need to say a few words to my boss that might likely make things stiff between us.

I've been working for this company for 2 years, I love my job unfortunately I've been stuck with an apprentice-level contract that pays shit (litteraly shit I barely survive on the money I make) typicly, these contracts are signed for 6 months and are then upgraded to the permanent deal with all it's advantages: Good pay, vacation days...but for me when my first 6 months was over they signed me on for the same deal for another 6 months and then another and then another!!
I am now on my 5th round of apprenticeship.
>Just trust me when I say it has nothing to do with me not being good enough to be trusted with the reponsibilties of the full time people
It's a dangerous job so during that first 6 months you have a babysitter but I left mine behind a long time ago, I am atleast as productive as any of the full time employees by now.

But still I get payed half their salary!!!

The worst part:
The argument of not giving me the contract has been "Unfortunately we don't have another full time contract in the budget"
>"Well ok, As long as it leads somewhere, I'll sign on for another 6 months"

But, during the last few months we had 2 guys leaving!
So my logic: there should be budget for 2 more contracts right?
>So I talked to my boss
"Yes, we haven't started planning for a recruiting yet, we're focusing on finishing "the project" first and then we'll get on that"
And then a few weeks later: BOOM
They hire 2 new guys out of the blue, from outside the company!!!

Well that makes me more then mildely pissed off.

It's been a few weeks since now and I haven't confronted my boss about it yet, but I feel it's time: My frustration is spilling into my motivation at work now and are affecting my work ethic and I'm sure it shows.

>I need him to know why he ruined me i guess haha.

Inb4: find a new job, I'm allready on it!
>>
>>18502159
Look, regardless of why he didn't hire you full time, do not tank intentionally at work. Your boss is less likely to be sympathetic if you slack off or just fuck around.

You're right: your boss fucked you. I have no idea why he would, but he did. Here's the thing though: his decision has already been made. You cannot ask for a full time hire from this guy: if he lied to you about getting full-time, he will likely lie about your relationship and your future prospects. You also can't tell him to fire one of the newbies so you can fill in his slot: that is just unfair to the ew guy who had nothing to do with this.

Instead, ask you manager for a recommendation about where to go next and ask if it would be alright if the recruiting staff reached out to him so he can say a few good words. Your boss probably feels bad about fucking you over. You cannot undo that decision he made, but you can ask for him to help you in your next venture. Ask why you weren't hired, but don't chastise him over it nor ask him to revoke the decision. Simply ask him for recommendations about where to find work next and ask for him to give your next company a good reference / word of support.
>>
>>18502159
>but for me when my first 6 months was over they signed me on for the same deal for another 6 months and then another and then another!!
I am now on my 5th round of apprenticeship.

Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>18502193
It's a once in a lifetime kind of job
>>
>>18502200
Elaborate?
>>
>>18502185
I'm not intentionally tanking or slacking off: I'm just saying that keeping myself motivated, "I want to do it" is not there anymore..
>>
>>18502200
I design safety systems for rollercoasters.
>>
>>18502213
>>18502205
>>
>>18502185
And ofcourse not going in there to whine myself to get that position.
It's nothing personal towards any of the new guys, I'm sure they are good technicians I just hate that my boss chose to take them in over me!

I just want to tell him that I think that my case is being handled poorly and unfortunately it is affecting my motivation now... my main motivator was always to be first in line when the time comes to hire someone.
I personally think do good work and I just can't see why they'd pick someone else over me... I know the work inside and out by now and taking in people from outside just feels disrespectful.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.