[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a dick am I if I back out of my friend's kid's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (162KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 640x624px
How much of a dick am I if I back out of my friend's kid's birthday party at the last minute? His kid is turning 1, and my anxiety is flaring up really bad because I have my first week of work tomorrow.

I just don't think I can handle making a bunch of small talk with people for three hours today. Really freaking out.
>>
>>18500122
You're not being a dick if you genuinely can't deal with it. You're being a dick if you use social anxiety as an excuse (only you will ever know the truth I'm afraid) and you'r a coward if you don't try to overcome your anxiety.

So I don't know who you are or how you are dealing with your anxiety, generally speaking, but if you really feel like you can't go then just explain the situation to your friend and you should be 'kay.
>>
>>18500128

I probably wouldn't blame it on anxiety. Most people aren't aware I struggle with it sometimes. Today is just a really nerve racking day and I feel like three hours at a party full of parents is going to throw me into a spiral of major nerves. I want to stay in bed where I can feel relaxed and rested.
>>
>>18500122
You would be a huge dick. Don't do that. It's not all about you. You go to be there for your friends and their child.
I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if the situation were reversed.
Stop being a whiny cuck and go. BTW, you need to deal with the anxiety issues you have. See a therapist, shrink or go on meds if you have to. None of this is normal. I'm a former anxiety ridden nerd who's moved past that. So I know how you feel.
>>
>>18500137

If I had a kid I sure as fuck wouldn't invite my friends over for its birthday. To be honest, I think it's pretty shitty - it's basically "hey come over and give my kid free shit." Maybe when the kid is older, if my friends had kids of age to come play with my kid.

My family? That's a different story.

Anyways, I've always struggled with bad anxiety. It doesn't affect my life much these days, but I'm never going to be able to 100% get over it.
>>
Have you considered that perhaps seeing your friend, having a beer, and forgetting about your work for a few hours may actually help ease your anxiety? Everyone's different I suppose, but if it were me, I'd go to the party just to get my mind off work.
>>
>>18500157

It might for the few hours I'm there, but realistically when I'm done there at six I'll get in my car and have an absolute meltdown about how I wasted my entire Sunday standing around in someone's backyard and now all I have is three hours of time to myself before I have to force myself to sleep to get up all exhausted and get ready to dedicate 40-50 hours a week of my life to someone else.

I just wanna sit here and watch movies and relax.
>>
>>18500194
>>I just wanna sit here and watch movies and relax.

Welcome to the real world!!!
There's a lot of things I would like to do but if I don't work, I'm not doing any of them. I like to eat, drink, have a place to live, a car, tv, phone etc.
I guess if they were having a pity party for you, you'd be all in.
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>18500194
If you go into this prepared to crash and burn, you'll crash and burn. I think that if you don't go to the party your friend probably won't care that much (he'll probably be more focused on, you know, his 1 year old) but honestly, in general, that's not a healthy attitude to have in life.
>>
>>18500222

I'm not saying I don't want to work. I'm saying it's not the right time for me to go to a 1 year old's birthday for six hours.

>>18500229
Again, this is kind of a one time thing. Any other week I wouldn't have this level of anxiety.
>>
Maybe try going to the party and tell her "i have a lot of things to do today so i will have to leave early!" And leave in like, 2 hours. Then you can go home. A part of being an adult is lying
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.