[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally HOW do you refrain from being negative at work? I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1487295664595.png (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487295664595.png
48KB, 800x800px
literally HOW do you refrain from being negative at work?
I get "complaints" that I'm too negative but I feel like this is just in my nature
for instance:
>we get a new project to do in the next 3 months
>I say that even if we achieve all the goals planned, this project probably won't give good results
>I say we can do it otherwise and that basically the right way to go would be to do X instead
>3 months later
>I'm basically proven right

It seems like not aggreeing and shilling for your own team / projects in somewhat bad?
So basically, how can I appear less negative ? Usually I feel I'm justified in pointing out flaws and that it isn't negative to point negative things
>>
>>18499770

1. Be proactive, not reactive. You work in the business, if you see an opportunity for improvement, grab life by the horns and suggest a project the team can work on. It sounds like by the time you're getting a project, that method has already been agreed upon and you're late to the party with another way to do it.

2. You just have to swallow shit sometimes. You weren't clear about what you do or your level in the business, but this is likely one of your boss's pet projects, and you calling it a failure frequently makes it seem like you're not a team player. Unless you're the one designing the project, shut up and get it done. Optimize as best as you can for results. The numbers will prove out that it wasn't effective, and your boss is going to have to answer for that, not you.
>>
"This is shit" <- u here
Be here -> "This is shit and here's my valid and well-explained reason for thinking so in addition to a possible solution."
>>
>>18499842
Or better yet, omit the critique entirely and just go with:
"Hey, how about we try doing X? This way we could save time because..."
or
"Could we offer changing Y to Z? It would make the end results better/faster/etc"

Offer solutions, not just a comment.
>>
>>18499770
I literally experience the same thing at work. I've been called negative and actually been told by my management about it.
So, what I do is mostly what has been already said.
I make suggestions in a nice non-threatening manner and then explain why I feel that way.
Then, I'm done. Either take it or leave it. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I've been proven right virtually every time. Then I say nothing.
It's very hard, but if you want to survive you have to let the idiots learn for themselves.
You will find in business that managers generally don't like people smarter than they are as they view it as a threat. A good manager will surround themselves with smart people to have a well educated team that can perform.
>>
>>18499842
>>18500059
Lol you didn't even read the OP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.