[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /adv/ ever solved anything of worth? I've been here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 1496051801009.jpg (71KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1496051801009.jpg
71KB, 500x513px
Has /adv/ ever solved anything of worth? I've been here (on /adv/) for over 3 years and nothing substantial has ever been solved.

>inb4 what's your problem

Same as 75% of the threads made here, how to find and connect with other human beings.

The only decent threads were those NEET general threads but fucking mods delete them for some reason and leave blatant troll threads.
>>
What is something of worth, in need of solving, that can be solved? Nothing other than trivial human "problems".
>>
I see quite a lot of good advice posted here. the problem is it's drowned out by all the other shit, from which is it probably indistinguishable by the person asking advice.

Still, in many cases people already know what they need to do, it just helps to get some validation from other people so I think in many cases it can still help.

And remember that in some cases there really isn't any good advice other than "go to a psychiatrist"
>>
Of course. There's been plenty of solid advice, even in obvious bait threads. Solving something of "worth" is entirely subjective but I'm sure /adv/ has helped a lot of people in legitimate ways.
>>
>>18499709
/adv/ doesn't solve anything, because you should be solving your problems. If you've been here for 3 years and hasn't taken a single piece of good advice to heart, either see a therapist or change to /r9k/ at once.
>>
#1 thing I've learned is that if your woman cheats on you break up; if you think she is cheating, she probably is, break up
>>
>>18499709

I've gotten some good advice here over the years, and like to think I've given some back. But realistically, if you're a NEET, or are having trouble forming human connections, you need to ask more specific questions to get clear advice. Just saying "I'm a NEET please help" won't get you anywhere. We don't know where you live, your education, if you're disfigured, a whole litany of things.

We can answer "how should I act in X situation," but if you have a lot of unresolved issues, you're better off with a therapist who can paint a clear picture of who you are and how certain things may be related.
>>
>>18499757
>because you should be solving your problems.
Cos God forbid someone should help another person who clearly is struggling by themselves, right?
>>
>>18499781
When you get specific the thread tends to drop down the page.
>>
>>18499784
Giving advice is worthless if the person on the other side doesn't help. It's impossible to help someone who wants to be handheld and walked through something that only him/her can actually solve.
>>
Yes I actually have gotten good advice for a number of things. /adv/ also convinced me to stop groping women. I've got to say that it's improved me and my life.
>>
>>18499787

Then ask it a different way. General threads don't really answer anything, which is why you're not feeling like you've been helped. There's not a magic enveloping piece of advice someone can give you to suddenly feel alright.

>>18499798

This is true too. At the end of the day, /adv/ can't make you leave the house, search for a job, or introduce you to people. We can't find anyone a gf. You have to do that, and all we can really do is tell stories about times we did something that may be relevant to you.
>>
>>18499778
This is my only qualm about /adv/, people come here with complex relationship or personal issues and then you'll have 20 shitposters saying that a guy's girlfriend is cheating on him because the OP who probably has anxiety doesn't realize personal boundaries exist OR is just suspicious. It's awfully /pol/ in here sometimes and that's very unhelpful for anyone seeking real advice.
>>
>>18499843
/pol/ has been leaking for quite some time now
>>
Does e/n still exist?
>>
>>18499843
The posters who respond to any relationship issue no matter how trivial with "dump them" are on the same level of useless.
>>
I only ever make up stories and post them here.
I just want people to think i'm interesting ;_;
>>
>>18499809
>/adv/ also convinced me to stop groping women

Fucking hell.
>>
>>18499809
>/adv/ also convinced me to stop groping women
Storytime plz
Why did you grope women?
What on /adv/ made you stop?
Did this improve your life? if so how?
>>
I often give advice not just for the person asking, but for people lurking who might relate.

I've also found a lot of the advice I give applies to myself. It reminds me to be humble, sorta.
>>
>>18499829
>Then ask it a different way. General threads don't really answer anything, which is why you're not feeling like you've been helped.

How many times can I and MANY others rephrase the question how do you meet other people in your late 20s?

The only piece of advice that was pertinent to that was using meetup.com but unfortunately the only group near-by is the carer's group for the mentally infirm.
>>
>>18500188
>the only group near-by is the carer's group for the mentally infirm.
You know what you have to do.
>>
The main problem is the OPs, not the answers. Too many people post here not actually wanting advice but validation. And when they don't get the answers they want to hear but cold harsh truths, they get buttmad.
>>
>>18500188

Well, there isn't really a clear answer. Bars are a great option. Work, joining some sort of a class, your local comic or hobby shop if you're into that kind of thing.

I don't know what threads you've posted, but 90% of these caveats like
>no bars I hate alcohol and reeeeee normies
>I refuse to do any kind of sport
>I don't have any money
>I don't have a car or any transportation and I refuse to learn

It's like that other poster said, we need people that will work with the advice they're given, instead of layering on a bunch of "I can'ts."
>>
>>18500193
I'm dreading the answer but what exactly?
>>
>>18499709
how is /adv/ supposed to solve the fact you aren't doing what it takes to connect with human beings? you're not three and we aren't your parents. we can't (and really can't be arsed to) hold your hand while you talk to other kiddos.
>>
What is of worth is subjective, but I got together with my bf thanks to /adv/.
>>
>>18500322
>exactly what you want from an advice board

OP just kys
>>
>>18500417
>kys
wtf?
>>
>>18500425
It's a surefire way to end your problems.
>>
>>18499742
Exactly this. Often times people know what they need to do but need validation from strangers because when something tragic happens, it helps to know that random people on the internet have sympathy for you and are compassionate to your problems (even if this reinforcement can come off as harsh).

A few years ago I was going to kill myself and /adv/ really helped me out. Not to the point where I wasn't depressed after the thread or anything, but just knowing people had been EXACTLY in my situation (or even worse) and got through the same profound pain I was in and got through it was the only source of hope I had at the time. Now I come on /adv/ and do the same for other people.
>>
>>18500432
suicide is on your mind, not mine. not op btw. I was just trying to give OP some tough love but you're a sadistic little fuck who gets no ass and his parents don't love him.
>>
It's mostly just sad shut-in threads (bet there's at least 10 threads about a girl right now) and weird basement dwellers.

The NEET threads weren't that great, they would really fight the advice. The would fall back to calling people normies, in the same way the virgin threads fall back to calling people Chad after they've been told exactly what to do in fine detail.

Nothing useful gets done around here really. We can't talk much about finance or how to reach achievements because it'll get dragged down by NEETs.
>>
>>18499709
Neet general threads were trash. Neets don't need to circle jerk each other, that's not advice
>>
>>18500532
Pegasus?

You're back?
>>
>>18500228
>tfw you've posted more than one of those

You have to realize telling a straight edge anon to go to a bar is just not helpful, no matter how much you like it yourself. It's on par with telling a guy without legs that running is a great pastime.
>>
>>18500492
>The NEET threads weren't that great, they would really fight the advice.

Wasn't really about the advice, more a constant set of people in place of friends.
>>
>>18500492
So what now?
>>
>>18500560

*shrug*

I just see it as cause and effect. You won't drink, which is pretty much the primary activity of single people in their late 20s that are the types that will make new friends. I can't magically conjure a new scenario for you to meet people... that's essentially the biggest one.

Add to it that most anons here that don't drink are the type that think it's dangerous and therefore have never had more than a sip of dessert wine, and you have a perfect equation for a stick in the mud who won't try anything new but insists they know what it's like.

There's some other avenues out there, but frankly, not many where people are looking to make long term friendships.
>>
When someone asks for help and I think I can help, I post my 2 cents. It's then up to the OP whether they want to listen and follow through or not.
>>
>>18499709

Most problems posted here are not of a quick-solve nature, and most involve substantial personal development. Things like: How to deal with depression, how to approach women, how to get out of the friendzone, how to deal with people displaying unlikable behaviour, how to deal with cheaters/being cucked etc..

Most people who have matured enough, or that have experienced the same problem often offer good food for thought, providing a way out based on past experience.

Lurking on /adv/ has given me a lot of life experience, and maturity I otherwise wouldn't have had. So it has helped me develop my personality. If you're not able to ignore/identify troll posts you shouldn't be on 4chan in the first place.
>>
Bumpin to keep it alive til tomorrow.
>>
>>18500557
No, its an imposter
>>
>>18499709

advice will always seem shitty to people who are unwilling to take it.

if in three years you were unable to find a way to connect with another human, through hundreds if not thousands of threads of advice, then the problem clearly isn't the advice, its you.
>>
>>18499709
>The only decent threads were those NEET general threads but fucking mods delete them for some reason and leave blatant troll threads.
I miss those too
>>
>>18501584
Me as well.
>>
>>18499809

Classic /adv/
>>
>>18500492
>We can't talk much about finance or how to reach achievements because it'll get dragged down by NEETs.

You'd think that getting a decently paid job would at least the minimum that /adv/ would be able to give advice on.
>>
>>18499709
If it has helped anyone that's good enough?
>>
>>18501284
>through hundreds if not thousands of threads of advice

OR maybe the advice just isn't that good. Especially this thread which is just berating the OP. Though there has been a couple of good posts.>>18500228
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.