[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My partner is very dumb. Like, it's hard to talk to them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 59673932_p0.png (1MB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
59673932_p0.png
1MB, 1000x900px
My partner is very dumb. Like, it's hard to talk to them because I think her brain is so addled by videogames and youtube. She's very socially unaware to the point of being rude, and is pretty clingy and is constantly bugging me abut stuff I don't care about. There is almost no connection there.

Thing is, she's very attractive to me physically, has just the kind of bodytype I find super hot, and sexually we're extremely compatible, in that we like all the same weird stuff in bed. The other thing is, she's very loving and devoted. It's eery, she just came into my life and kinda MADE me her bf, and I've never seen anyone in my entire life take such an interest in me. She comes over and cooks for me sometimes and seems to genuinely love me, even though it's only been a month since we started dating (which was like, almost the day we met).

Am I just being picky though? Should I just accept what we have and not question it? I oddly don't feel attracted except sexually, but is the problem more me than her?
>>
The question is: have I been selling myself too short? I think you can find another cutie with twice her brains. Nevertheless, it's a gamble. You got lucky once, can you get lucky again?
>>
>>18498812
Make an effort to try and enjoy the things she does. Women love their hobbies and opinions validated (we all do, but especially them).
I'll give you an example. I like watching pro wrestling and my girlfriend likes Doctor Who. We both agreed to give them a try together, one after another, and we ask questions and give caring about each other's show an honest shot.
>>
Are you sure you're not just complacent? How would you feel if she decides she can find someone that loves her? That said, you make her sound like she's head over heels in love with you. Why don't you shape her to be the kind of girl you want to be?
>>
>>18498828
I'm OK with someone having other hobbies. With my ex I watched several seasons of america's next top model and I kinda sorta liked it. With her it's really retarded ancient aliens theories (not the good kind,I'm talking flat-earth level stuff) and like, runescape youtuber trolls or something. Anyway thank you anon I'll try ot make the effort.

>>18498825
You think? Maybe deep down that's what I'm doing. It's just so sudden and.. safe. I hate being on the other side of this, because I know what it's like to be rejected for pursuing too hard. Seems so arbitrary but it really does color my perception of her.
>>
>>18498859
alright so if she's into conspiracy shit and runescape trolls, she probably likes cringe humor. I unironically encourage you to read up a little on how autistic some of the people she probably makes fun of are lmao, it really opens your eyes
>>
In the same situation OP. It would be nice to find someone with more connection but perhaps lack thereof is partly your fault also. Plus there is no refusing her womanly bits when she puts it on a plate for you, know that feeling. hot diggidy dawg
>>
>>18498847
Can you really just shape someone? I've heard it over and over: You can't change people. I guess I could put the effort forward. If we do break up atleast she'd hopefully be abit better of a person.
>>
>>18498865
I think she's the autistic one.. She watches like hours of some prick named ice poseidon. I've read up on that alittle, I know most trolling is just picking on autistic people or children. She's not very mean spirited at all, I've never seen her rip on people, here idea of trolling is just acting silly.

>>18498870
How long has it been? Anything change or gotten better? And yeah the dumb ones are just the hottest somehow and best at sex with no inhibitions.
>>
>>18498873

poor choice of words from other anon. You don't shape them, you teach them things you find important and you do so in an appealing and nurturing way that furthers your relationship.

Someone can adjust their worldview to suit yours given sufficient time, and incentive/motivation.

but you don't really shape them. Not if you want an actual relationship.

and the reason for that is that they will be doing the same thing to you.
>>
Look at where the stuff she likes could intersect with the stuff you like, then try to bond over that. Her taste will develop, I assure you, it will just take some time. I stress, don't try to change her into someone she's not, just develop her natural interests.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.