[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a group of friends that I've been hanging out with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480739159094.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1480739159094.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
I have a group of friends that I've been hanging out with for a while. There's now a new girl. One of my guy friends is clearly, CLEARLY into her, he's constantly gravitating towards her, taking a spot next to her, chatting her up, etc. This is incredibly annoying. Part of this is because (honestly) I found her attractive and figured I'd get to know her, but that's basically impossible because he's always on her, and she's not exactly rebuffing his advances so sure, she's maybe got a thing for him too. I can understand this, that I lose in this situation, but the real issue is him (and partially her) turning what's supposed to be casual hangouts with friends into "let's see how much we can flirt and chat around our other friends".

This makes me feel like a huge third wheel, partly because I'd actually like to talk to both of them, partly because he's doing a great job at very casually directing all attention at her and making her pay attention to him, which of course causes me and others to be completely excluded.

This also causes problems because it REALLY pisses off our other female friend, because she (rightly so I think) feels like she's having her friend stolen from her and that she's being completely ignored. So even though she's also there for me to talk to, she's very sad/mad and doesn't want to talk at all. So I just sit there quietly like a loser with those two flirting non-stop.

After an entire day of this (we all hung out from 9am to midnight), I've basically just decided I can't do this anymore. It's annoying, stressful, and just not fun as much as I try and force it. I'm very introverted but I was trying to be more social and I just can't take this stupidity. What should I do? Just not hang out with my friends anymore? Try and resolve it and potentially irritate my friends?
>>
are you so attention starved in your life that you were a clinger for 15 hours to these two?
>>
>>18498817
What are you talking about? I see two people flirting and I'm just supposed to leave? I'm the one who even invited the guy in the first place, we went on a day trip as a group of friends. This was not a date that me and another friend forced our way into.
>>
>>18498817
this lmao

"b-but they're my friends" is not an excuse to put up with this kind of behavior

>>18498837
so split into smaller groups
>>
>>18498837

I dunno about the other chick.

you can blame this on your introversion if you must, but this is your fault for not clearly communicating your expectations in the relationship, and then getting mad at them for being happy with eachother.

what do you expect them to do? They seem by your description to be crushing on eachother.
>>
>>18498844
Wow this is fucking terrible advice
"It's your fault for not setting rules and boundaries in a new friendship!"

OP I don't know how large this group.is, but ask the people who aren't the girl and guy how they feel about it and if they agree with you then try to talk to your friend and girl just say hey guys I'm glad you're getting on but it's kind of awk.

It's a bit shitty of your friend to exclude and make things awkward but romance is a game and it can be very fun.
Don't be mad and stay calm, you'll find anoyher girl op.
>>
>>18498840
So basically your advice, applied today, would have just been me and one other girl hanging out separately from the other two people for a day. I can do that whenever I want with just her, the point was for all of us to have a trip together. But I guess if the other two are going to make that the only option then there's not much choice.

>>18498844
My irritation isn't so much them liking each other, it's the fact that basically they aren't actually dating and probably won't, so they spend all of the time with just each other when we're supposed to be doing stuff, basically making me and whoever else is there an awkward addition to what isn't an actual date but feels like they would prefer it to be. Honestly I'd prefer if they were just gf/bf because the group dynamics would make more sense and feel less awkward.

This is why I'm saying I should just stop hanging out with them. I'm not really needed or wanted and neither is anyone else who joins us. Let them either start dating or just do something so we don't have to be some audience to their courting.
>>
>>18498863
>This is why I'm saying I should just stop hanging out with them. I'm not really needed or wanted and neither is anyone else who joins us. Let them either start dating or just do something so we don't have to be some audience to their courting.

and he crosses the finish line.

sorry to be a condescending snot, but this is literally what you should do, and what everyone else around this little show should have been thinking of doing unless the rest of you just happen to have a strong interconnection anyways.

They'll work it out faster if they're alone together anyway and either they'll start building a relationship, or they wont.

either way, equilibrium will be restored
>>
>>18498856
Group size ranges from 4-7 people, with the 4 people today being the usuals.

Maybe it's partially just bitterness, but it did feel like he was being kind of shitty and has been kind of shitty with me recently about this. He's been trying to exclude me from stuff involving her recently and I dunno how to feel about it (example: tried to make me not go to the 4th of July party she would be at, even though that's where most of my friends were). Feel like I'm hurt more by his treatment of me than the fact that I'm clearly not the guy she's into.

I should talk to him, but he's a blockhead when it comes to friendship related stuff, so I'm considering just skipping that step.

>>18498876
Don't know why you're acting like this, literally said in the OP that I was considering just not doing things with them anymore. That's just my default solution to everything though, to just ignore it and sit in my room like a sad sack. Just wanted to get other's perspective on it because I'm a loser who's pretty much only got one social group and this is it, so ignoring them equates to me sitting alone all day.
>>
>>18498892

you're walking to the other end of the extreme.

you don't have to ignore them. just be more choosy in how you engage with them.

if they are going to be inseperable for a while, then only take them in small doses. if you can hang with your bud, then hang with your bud.
>>
>>18498806
Make them play a 50 turn mario party game
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.