[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought some pricey Irish cheddar today. It's aged for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: retired.png (222KB, 706x710px) Image search: [Google]
retired.png
222KB, 706x710px
I bought some pricey Irish cheddar today. It's aged for two years. The entire side of it is green, and I was wondering it this is how it's supposed to be and if I can still eat it. Will send pictures once I get my phone working.
>>
I read that I can't sue because I haven't suffered any losses, but that' just silly. I had $6 and no cheese and now I have $0 and no cheese.
>>
Why the fuck would you sue? Just take it back to the store like a normal person, you moron.
>>
>>18498440
>gas to get to and from store
>wear and tear on car
>risk to my life and safety just to make the trip
>including odds of getting hit or attacked in the parking lot
>the time itself that's wasted (including opportunity cost)

just because it's EBT doesn't mean stores can take advantage of me
>>
>>18498454
Okay, sue them. See how far that gets you.
>>
>>18498463
Can't. Very few people sympathize with the poor getting fucked over, and our courts reflect it. Odds are I'd just be paying their court fees.
>>
>>18498472
Then don't sue? What are you expecting here?
>>
just cut that part and about half an inch extra off and u will b good to eat
>>
>>18498279

Are you sure its not the rind? Its an aged cheese, it will have a rind. Its a hard layer of bacteria thats on the outside of the cheese and it forms when you age it. Because, protip, all cheese contains bacteria, thats how its made bro.

Judging by the fact that its "irish" aged cheddar, id assume that they dyed the rind green to make it "more irish". You can just peel it off. Or you can eat it, not everyone likes that but some people enjoy it. Bottom line is that its safe to eat, at least by your description. If its irregular, like blotchy and on the sides as well and stuff, or like fuzzy and soft, than its mold - which is still 100% safe to eat if you scrape it off, and even safe to eat if you dont. Its the black and red molds that you want to watch out for.

Take a pic and show it and i will be able to tell you if its normal or not.

>t. Person who worked in delis and sold wholesale deli products for half a decade
>>
>>18498279
My grandparents are european and I grew up on aged gouda and cheddar. They would always cut off the molded parts and we'd all eat it. I've never gotten sick.

I believe you can only do this with most hard cheeses though. I only throw out a molded cheese if it is soft or cheap.

Maybe you could try asking this in /ck/? It's a slow board though.
>>
>>18498484

Just want to add - i 100% garantee that whatever part of the cheese that isnt green or touching green is safe and will have zero loss of quality to it. Aged cheeses, like aged cheddar, are very hard and lack moisture. They keep exceptionally well compared to soft cheeses like mozzarella. The lack of moisture + the salt + the aging process makes it extremely difficult for outside bacteria to take root and populate the cheese. Remember that the cheese itself is absolutely teeming with bacteria, and any outside bacteria had to compete over extremely scarse resources with the bacteria already present.

All cheese has bacteria, you literally cannot make cheese without bacteria. The strain of bacteria is what determines the taste - its why blue cheese and gouda and gruyere all come from the same dairy base and taste so wildly different from eachother - different bacteria cultures are used to make them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.