[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you learn how to be happy on your own? I'm realizing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ni6jo.jpg (33KB, 685x487px) Image search: [Google]
ni6jo.jpg
33KB, 685x487px
How do you learn how to be happy on your own? I'm realizing I depend too much on my relationship for my happiness and that isn't healthy for myself.

I workout and do other things to focus on myself but something else is missing.
>>
>>18498235

>I workout and do other things to focus on myself but something else is missing.

Write down a list of things that you want to do and include in that list things you think will make you feel better but also things you'd be willing to try that you don't think will make you feel better. Getting out and socializing are keys to feeling good so keep this in mind. Rate the list based on how much fun you think you'll have out of 100 for each item and mark that down next to the item. Then do the activities and immediately write down how much you enjoyed them with the rating system.

This does two things: sees objectively how distorted your prediction ability is and gives you a list of things that you know how much you like.
>>
>>18498281
Thanks anon. I'll try this out for sure.
>>
>>18498235
If you fear that you depend too much on your relationship for happiness, it means that you're afraid it might end soon. Investing yourself completely in the relationship will pay dividends so long as the two of you continue to make it work.
>>
>>18498310
While it's important to invest in your relationship OP is smart in realizing you must also take care of yourself in the process.
>>
>>18498235
True happiness does not come from the outside world, and any perceived happiness that comes from the world is only temporary. True eternal happiness comes from within, attained by practices such as Bhakti-Yoga and meditation, culminating in Moksha. I heavily recommend reading the Bhagavad Gita.
>>
>>18498235

sounds like a passion is missing. mines filmmaking. work a little on it every day. its an obsessive need.

dont let go of people in pursuit of self percection though. there's a difference between needing other people to be happy, and insisting that only certain people can make you happy.

its natural to need others. a happy person can suvive on their own but will need others at some point. an unhealthy person insists 'ill die if i lose my mom/friend/gf'
>>
>>18498281
I'm another anon but this seems like good advice, thanks as well
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.