[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i get better at driving? My mother says im too jerky and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1461199798641.gif (233KB, 540x550px) Image search: [Google]
1461199798641.gif
233KB, 540x550px
How do i get better at driving? My mother says im too jerky and dont react properly, says it makes her nervous.

What are some tips as to what i can do to drive better.
>>
Whatever you do, make sure you consume large sums of alcohol before getting behind the wheel.
>>
>>18498139
you get better with experience. go to the doctor and get your eyes and hearing checked out, you might need it glasses or a hearing aid
>>
>>18498242
nah she says i have problems noticing things or staying in the middle. that kind of thing.
>>
Put your heel on the floor instead of holing your leg up in the air.
Change gears smoothly.
Don't slam the breaks.
>>
Save gas by tailgating 18-wheelers when you can! Remember, the closer you are to the truck, the more gas you save, it's literally free money!

Disclaimer to protect my ass: Don't do this.
>>
File: ap2.jpg (93KB, 533x725px) Image search: [Google]
ap2.jpg
93KB, 533x725px
>>18498139
Lucky enough to have a good driver's ed at my school. Maybe look into a defensive driver's course or something?

Some tips:

Hands at 10 and 2, look up hand over hand steering. It's smoother and you're more ready if shit gets real. I do 1-handed on backroads and when no one's around.

Always be glancing at all your mirrors and build a mental map of everything around and behind you. You'll be less surprised and less likely to jerk the wheel.

Check your blind spots, when I'm changing lanes I signal, check my mirrors and turn my head to check my blind spots in one motion before moving the car into the lane.

If you're merging into traffic you can tell if you have enough room if you can see the car's headlights in your rearview mirror. If you can see both headlights you should have plenty of room and can move confidently into place.

For lane position try and keep your butt or one of your feet lined up with the center of the lane. It's a little different for each car, but if you're riding right down the center of the lane you're probably okay. If you keep drifting around that just takes practice.
>>
>>18498139

Just a couple of tips...

As long as your alignment on your car is right, your car will go straight when the wheel is straight. Sometimes you see actors subtlety moving the wheel left and right to simulate driving... don't do this.

When you're taking a corner or whatever, let the wheel slide through your hands back to its natural position, instead of gripping it tightly. Power steering will adjust you.

Practice in a quiet neighborhood, just at getting the fundamentals down. It'll help.
>>
File: img829382381112938392.png (329KB, 434x542px) Image search: [Google]
img829382381112938392.png
329KB, 434x542px
>>
Really, continuous practice is the best thing.
If you want to feel more safe, go pay for driving lessons at a proper driving school that will let you ride in one of their cars. If the instructor senses significant danger, there's a brake on the passenger's side of the car that can be used. Whatever the cost of the school, it should be cheaper than crashing your own family's car.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.