[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britbongs, how do you convince your GP to take your depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: k.png (43KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
43KB, 645x773px
Britbongs, how do you convince your GP to take your depression seriously enough to offer medication? I tried a year ago and they basically gave me some pamphlets and told me to fuck off
>>
>>18498059
American here, always somewhat depressed, occasionally very much so, twice suicidal. I've been to four therapists after my worse bouts, and not a single one of them thought I should take medication. They were adamantly against it. I don't know enough about neuropsychopharmacology to know what their objection was, but it was shared among four unrelated therapists in two different states.
>>
>>18498059
Fellow Brit bong here: consult a doctor by calling 111

They're available 24/7
>>
>>18498059
Weird, I'm American and I had some symptoms of depression. My doctor was practically shoving meds down my throat
>>
>>18498059

Hey mate - you should probably go try and find a psychiatrist whose actually trained to deal with depression properly, as opposed to trying to get meds from your GP.

Part of why GPs (and many psychiatrists) are reluctant to prescribe anti-depressants is because the evidence for their effectiveness is very weak in individuals with mild to moderate depression, and the side-effects can be severe. I encourage you to seek out a psychiatrist with whom you can undergo some talk therapy (CBT is great), and perhaps get some medication prescribed as a co-treatment..
>>
If you give an obese man liposuction, he will be fat again in his year because even though he lost weight through modern technology, his lifestyle and eating habits are still shit. It's the same with your mental health - pills will solve nothing, only sweep the symptoms of your problems under the rug. They will not bring you happiness and not make your life better. You need to walk the hard path and get to the root of your problems if you really want to fix the cycle for good.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.