[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She told me "look, I really do just want us to stay friends",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4726.jpg (102KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4726.jpg
102KB, 1000x667px
She told me "look, I really do just want us to stay friends",
and
"it took me a while to figure out, so I'm sorry if I gave you mixed signals",
and
"I'll have you know that being my friend is much much much harder than being my boyfriend, because I'm not looking for a romantic or sexual relationship, I just need another human being to be my friend".
And then she started talking about how awesome she thinks I am, which just felt like she was just trying to soften the blow...

I'm really hoping she's just winding down from this self help book she read (A really good one, I've been reading it too now), and that she's just not ready to date at the moment. We've been on and off for a year, and I honestly think we'd make a really good couple... the way I reacted to her saying "just friends" made me think back and realize I should really work on myself, and I told her that, and that I think we'd make awesome friends too, which seemed to make her really happy, but I haven't told her that I'm not ready to let go yet

I've been giving her space since then (last night), but I really want to see us together in the future, and I'm feeling worried that she's gonna fall for some other guy before that, or if she'll even give me another chance at all even after some time.

Any advice?

Also, she said this is the most honest she's been in the past 8 years of her life, which seems like a weird thing to say now that I think about it?
>>
>>18495563
Never believe woman's words. She's not interested. Move on. Look at her actions, not words.
>>
>>18495750
You're fucked

Basically she's 100% self centered and you're just a pawn, she's using you to discover herself and gives no fucks about your feelings.

I say you're fucked because looks like you're in love.

You can either soldier through it and try to get her back, or move on.

As it stands rn, she gives no fucks about you and is looking for another dude. Sorry man.
>>
File: IMG_2847.jpg (120KB, 750x982px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2847.jpg
120KB, 750x982px
>>18495750
>>18495754
Well she was sending me pictures of herself wearing one of my shirts around her house last week... and a month before that she was in my bed taking a nap in my arms and giving me cute kisses on the cheek that I was too nervous to try pushing further into making out or having sex... if it wasn't the wall of friendzoning text, I'd think she was definitely still interested.
>>
>>18495816
>giving cute kisses

wow faggot, you are a slowpoke
keep contacting her, invite to hang out like this one more time and then fucking escalate
be honest with yourself
>>
>>18495977
That's surprisingly optimistic sounding
>>
>>18495563
Here's a really bizarre off-the-wall thought.

Could it possibly be that she means what she says?
>>
>>18495816
completely irrelevant my dude, she sounds to be either monkey branching or preparing to monkey branch whilst you support her. Srsly i think you should be 100% and just be friends whilst you work on yourself and find someone else. SRSLY OP if you want to stay friends you can but you have to move on. imo you should just move on and say:" i cant be friends as i love you too much for that" and "it would kill me everytime we spoke" then block and move on.
>>
>>18495563
>I'll have you know that being my friend is much much much harder than being my boyfriend
So more effort for less reward then?
>>
I feel like I'd be making a huge mistake if I just let her go, she's pushed me away before, every time we've gotten closer, and the only thing that changed between this week and last week was me using the word "date" continuously instead of "hang out", and she sent me the friendzoning text after the last time is asked about a date.
>>
>>18496801
>Pushes you away every time you try to get close
>Changes you two going out from a "date" to "Hang out"
>Says she wants to be friends instead of lovers
>Tries to butter your ass into thinking there's light at the end of tunnel when it's a train (called reality) heading towards you
>Says she's being honest for the first time in the last 8 years
>Giving into it
Seriously OP, lemme level with you here. It's pretty clear that you love her and wanna see her happy, especially with you being in the picture. But she's not into you anymore. She doesn't love you the way you do to her.
You got two viable options here:
1. Be friends but stop seeing her romantically
2. Cut off ties and let her go if you love her so much

Don't be her stepping stone for her to get someone else, in fact don't be anyone's stepping stone. You keep this shit up, sooner or later she'll find someone else and when she has her sorta mini drama with the other guy, you'll be the first guy to hear about it. And that shit will eat you up inside. You'll have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
I asked her if she though there might be a future for us, and she said "Idont know". I didn't respond. If she cares, she'll reach out.

I decided to just assume that means she still likes me and will get back together with me after some time. Either she will, or she won't and by the time I'm sure she won't I'll have already forgotten about her.

There's no definitive proof for either case, and if I try to look for any, I'll only push her away more, so I'm just going to assume whatever makes me the happiest is the truth.
>>
>>18495563
I was about to just type, "Drop that bitch" and nothing else, but then I saw that you'd been friends for 8 years or something, and I thought of my female friend that I met online who I've known for a long time. It's always been friendly with her, with some joking flirting here and there, but that's just banter. Neither of us are interested in an LDR, so romantic feelings don't come into the system at all, which is probably why we have such a good friendship.

Basically, if you're not content with just being friends, you need to drop her. I'm not shitting you. You're being a classic cuck who's being all nice and hoping for a relationship, and you need to stop this cycle of cuckoldry by meeting other women. Go.
>>
>>18495563

no one is ever really 'not ready' for a relationship. girls say this but then fall for another guy and it works. the truth is if she wanted to date you, she would. she wouldnt be like 'OH I REALLY WANT TO DATE OP, BUT I NEED TO WORK ON MY SELF MORE FIRST'.

it sucks to hear but its the way it is. if there was any realm of possibility of you dating, you'd be dating. so let go.
>>
>>18495816
Literally irrevelant. I had friends who did the same to me. Women are obviously more affectionate on average so being touchyfeely can mean something different for them than it does for men.
>>
>>18497739
We've been "just friends" for a year and flirting/dating on and off throughout.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.