[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

australian wants to move to burgerland what state would be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: american-flag-background.jpg (437KB, 1600x816px) Image search: [Google]
american-flag-background.jpg
437KB, 1600x816px
australian wants to move to burgerland
what state would be the best for lax gun laws, affordable living, and still not be a shithole for a nurse's wage?
>>
Florida or Georgia
>>
>>18494889
Nurses make decent money most places here. Hours and work are bullshit, but the pay is decent.

As for lax gun laws, Arizona is the best, but pretty much any state not New York and California (or the city of Chicago) aren't going to be too burdensome. Incidentally, those places are also hella expensive. Be sure to check local ordinances first of course.
>>
>>18494904
what are the benefits of the two if you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>18494916
Right, forgot New Jersey is pretty shit for gun laws as well, but New Jersey is pretty shit in general, so you probably already wanted to avoid the place.
>>
>>18494889
Not NY, from my own experience.
>>
>>18494916
awesome yeah i was going to stay away from those overpopulated areas but i dont necessarily want to live out in the sticks
>>
>>18494919
absolutely haha
>>
>>18494904
The south is shit, and they're stupid too.

Housing is cheap though. Schools also teach outdated shit. Did you know that Georgia is the Australia of the US? That's why it's one of the shittier states in terms of education and poverty. Throw in retards trying to save money by cutting education budgets and you got yourself the making of Idiocracy but probably without Luke Wilson. I know we're pretty dumb as a country but they take the award.
Try Texas, I hear housing is cheap and they like their guns.
>>
>>18494889
texas, but dont go to the austin/big cities
the weather is great and depending on where you are, winters are never too cold

but thats really anywhere desu, depends on what kind of place/scene you want to live in
>>
>>18494925
Suburbia has been the "in" thing in the US for a long time now. There's a lot of it around. Mind, you're going to have to deal with commuting to work. Sprawl and mass transit do not work together. Expect to be sitting in traffic for an hour or more. Plus side to that, you don't have to listen to your neighbors banging all night long.

Also, Georgiafag. Atlanta is something of a boomtown right now. Lots of jobs opening up, but also lots of competition for them because a lot of people are moving in. Property prices are also going up because of that, killing what had until very recently been one of the strongest buyers markets in the union(the real estate bust hit us harder than most). If you don't mind driving the distance to work though, there are still nice places well outside the city that can be had for cheap.

Taxes are still some of the lower ones around. Not THE lowest, but pretty low.

Crime is really low outside a few areas, but those areas are very bad. Atlanta's status as a transportation hub also make it a major drug hub.

There are a good number of historic sites and natural vistas to see if that's your thing. I hear the bar scene in Atlanta is pretty good, but I can't really speak to it myself. A lot of food variety is to be had though.

Since guns seem to be your thing, Georgia has pretty much the same laws as most southern states. Federal law, shall issue permits, castle doctrine and stand-your-ground and a limited campus carry bill was signed recently. Indoor ranges are everywhere, unfortunately, nearly every outdoor range hear requires you to join their club, which means paying dues, cleaning the range, ect. Fortunately, if you are a resident, most sheriffs offices will have days where the public are allowed to use their range. Or you can get to know someone with a few empty acres.
>>
>>18494978
The only thing outdated about floridas education system is everything before college. We have some pretty great universities.
>>
>>18494997
id go for somewhere like atlanta
im still quite young and would like at least a little bit of nightlife and young people my age (23)
im not too keen on an hours commute to work every day but im sure i could find somewhere closer for a bit more right?

i am also a filthy degenerate that indulges in a couple of drugs here and there... would i be in the right state for that?
>>
Texas. Move somewhere close to Houston. It has tons of hospitals and medical centers, in fact they're some of the best in the entire world. Cost of living is relatively cheap compared to most of the country. If you've got enough land you can just shoot your guns on your property and no one gives a shit. There's lots of land by the way.
>>
File: eOCrEfH.png (240KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
eOCrEfH.png
240KB, 500x382px
>>18494916
>Nurses make decent money most places here
kek. Avoid Missouri then
>>
>>18495012
That's what is important though because that's what most normal people remember. public education (k-12) is very important and if you're teaching these kids shit then youre basically just making them stupid and fucking up future generations.

Not everyone goes to college. Shit I live on the west coast and some of the shit I was taught in school was crushed when I started going to college. And I almost didn't go to college for being a dumbshit.

Take the Silicon Valley for instance, for awhile they invested hugely into education. That created the perfect environment for all the successful people there who were able to work with the new tech at the time. Educated people jump start the economy, yeah it takes a while but damn. Future investments man.

The government is making us all stupid on purpose because knowledge really is power. And if the people are uneducated then they will not fight back against the governments injustices. Fuck I mean, congress was trying to get a bill passed that would eliminate the 13th amendment just cause they have a stick in their ass about illegals.
A lot of people were cool with that.

If that shit got taken away we would ALL be in trouble, yes citizens included. No more right to a fair trial and you're not really a citizen anymore. Plus some other important shit that no one had any idea about because they weren't educated in that area.
>>
>>18494889

States with REALLY lax gun laws are Arizona, Vermont, Alaska (this is like the frozen wild west still, you dont want to move there), the entire south obviously, and then places like Utah and Montana. Cheapest place to live is again the south and then I think places like Indiana are cheap to.

The WORST place for you to live based on those two criteria are New York and California.

nurses make about the same amount everywhere. Based on you being an aussie, I would imagine you are used to the heat so I think Texas would be a good bet for you and you should look into that. Arizona might be a good place to, but that place is ridiculously hot though. I live in Louisiana and a good bit of people are going into nursing here as well. Basically, just try to move into a suburb of a southern city. Just try to pick a place thats not too "diverse"
>>
>>18495143
Just don't smoke weed in AZ lol
>>
Why the hell would you want to live here?

And btw the only appropriate answer is texas
>>
>>18495159

Because America is basically the best country ever. This is just an objective truth. Anyone with a brain can come here and make a good life for themselves without having to deal with retarded bureaucracy or gayass socalism. Also, you actually have freedom of speech and OP could actually play mortal kombat here lol. You also dont get thrown in prison for speaking out against islamic terrorism on the internet like in euroland
>>
>>18495043
>im not too keen on an hours commute to work every day but im sure i could find somewhere closer for a bit more right?

Possibly, depends on where you land employment. Anything inside the perimeter is going to be stupid, both for rent and traffic. And again, public transit options are limited.

>i am also a filthy degenerate that indulges in a couple of drugs here and there... would i be in the right state for that?

I'm going to have to say no. The state, as in cops and courts,isn't known for leniency for drug offenses and the sorts you'd have to deal with to get them aren't going to be pleasant.
>>
>>18494889

if you're a cute australian boy you can come live with me in los angeles if you let me rub your feet.
>>
>>18495194
hey i got good feet
trade room for foot?
>>
>>18495178
i can deal with drug scum haha
>>
>>18495208

i mean i cant trade a whole room for feet. i charge 1200 for my spare room. but if you needed a place to stay while you get settled, yeah, i host international travelers with nice feet all the time.
>>
>>18495159
>>18495170
kinda more because of the drugs guns and whores you guys spew out on the daily
australia is just boring man theres nothing here for me
>>
>>18495216
damn dude 1200 for just a room? where are you, silicon valley? new york city?
>>
>>18495232
hollywood.

the whole apartment is a two bedroom i only pay 1500 for. btnu the prices have gone up so much that i can sublet my spare room for that. the two bedroom next door is first floor, no balcony, way more awful, but goes for 3000 for the whole thing.

crazy.

so i only pay 300 a month for rent
>>
Surprised nobody mentioned the midwest. States like Iowa, Nebraska, Idaho and such. It's not as stupid as the south, some of the nicest people on earth, and gun laws are loose. The only bad-ish part is you might be in sort of the middle of nowhere but there are still places with upwards of 50k population.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.